Its the website, stupid

I am personally offended and resent your insinuations...

I spent HOURS Barbell, Freaking HOURS with the IT folks in CCY trying help get that abortion of a website to the point where it far outshines that piece of floating excrement that passes for a web page now.

:eek:ff:

Dear Bob,

That post was not directed at you. That's quite a bit of egregious hubris to think that I would sit around all day and look for ways to insult you. I mean, seriously, I don't have time to return your calls, why would I look for ways to insult you on this board?

Wow! You must be really sensitive and unable to take the heat since you (incorrectly) assume that I must be posting in response to you specifically.

Is it that you're offended we didn't ask you, specifically, for help? Don't get me wrong: I think the folks working in web development are a bunch of no-count nincompoops. It's just kinda sad when for every "This website sucks" I can go in and do the things that apparently nobody else can. Maybe I'm just that much smarter than you are? Doubtful. But come on, you had a good thing going at CCY. It ain't gonna happen here. US Airways carries millions of passengers a year. Just because your expert advice wasn't solicited, doesn't mean someone else's wasn't. You're not the end all be all of customer service. And just because you aren't getting top level attention for all of your gripes doesn't mean the new US Airways isn't, either.

Now, back on topic.

This website is an embarrassing disaster. Can't these "whiz kids" in Tempe do anything right? Give me a break, Sandcastle! Get off your high horses and listen to us, or you'll just be another Low Caring Carrier. :rolleyes:

Looks like I was able to change seats on this here web reservation without a problem. Yet another disappointing usairways.bomb flub...

Passenger Information

Party of (2) Frequent Flyer # Ticket # Seats
MARTHA WEBTEST 401217XXXXXXXX 16E, 14E, 14D
JAKE GILLENHALL 401217XXXXXXXX 16F, 14F, 14E

Passenger Information

MARTHA WEBTEST 401217XXXXXXXX 14A, 14E, 14D
JAKE GILLENHALL 401217XXXXXXXX 14B, 14F, 14E

And then I changed it back

Passenger Information

MARTHA WEBTEST 401217XXXXXXXX 16E, 14E, 14D
JAKE GILLENHALL 401217XXXXXXXX 16F, 14F, 14E

And just for the record:

I've noticed that quite a few of the "Westies" who work at the Sandcastle are getting quite sarcastic and nasty. Piece of advice, don't try to out sarcastic someone from the East Coast...cause you're outta your league.

Just because someone is a "Westie" doesn't mean they don't come from the East Coast, and can take you on any day. We're in the same league, Bobby Boy, so why don't you vent your ill-directed frustration elsewhere. I'm getting bored.

I'm really sorry you folks aren't used to being held accountable by your customer base.

PineyBob is not my customer base. My customer base is having absolutely no issue with the website. And they have no issue with the work that I do.

put on your big girl panties

I don't know why hurling girly insults is so acceptable for most of the posters on this board. Frankly, I find it unacceptable to assume that because you think someone isn't at your level they must be female. At least you got one part right: there is no Mr. Barbell.

Most of the time the computer will pick up the fact that there is a dup booking and will flag the rez to verify. If you notice and call prior to the computer doing it, US will cxl and refund or void the second tkt. This happens alot when Orbitz, Travelocity, etc have problems and customers thinking that their purchase did not go thru and then book on US website. US web is not the only website that has problems.(No excuses for current problems.) Please note if 2 pax have the same exact name, please add a MI so computer does not think it is a dup booking.

Thanks for the 411. We automatically assumed that due to the familiar error message we've been seeing since the launch of the new website that the booking didn't go through. I had one or two near-misses on the old website where it blew up in my face in the final step, yet I received a confirmation a little while later. Of course, that was during the period where you had 24 hours to cancel the booking...

I just tried to book a flight to Lyon, France (a code share city with a Star partner). Here's what I got:

We're sorry, but we were unable to complete your request.
We're sorry, but we were unable to complete your request.
Here's what happened:
There are currently no flights available for the dates and/or cities you selected. The flights may be full or flights may only be available on certain days of the week.
Here's how to fix it:
Please select alternate travel dates or check our route map to see if a nearby origin/destination city is available for your original travel dates.

For assistance finding a flight that meets your travel needs, please call our 24-hour Reservations Desk at 1-800-428-4322.
Reference Code: 4379909 (1.0.100040.10200210)
Occurred: 6/19/2006 1:44:38 PM

We shall see.
BTW "Big Girl panties" has NOTHING to do with gender, it's an expression.

Yeah, lighten up. It is a term (terms) of endearment that I hear from both sexes. Kind of like that's so gay. Straights and gays say it all the time but as a big homo, I could care less. Got it? ;)

Question for the group. If the management team hand to pay personally for every ticket screw-up do you think the site would be fixed by now or even rolled out yet?

Well, we agree on something.

From the first, when I had to show them why their password feature on the beta versions would not work, I have had a dim view of their "computer ventures".

The one thing A&W seems to share with AAA is an inordinate fear of computerized features.

From the time in 1994 when an "ideas that fly" group submitted an idea to allow pax to book flights with seats on the internet, that was turned down by Mr. Schofield, when I heard that idea and result, I knew we were screwed.

I was hoping a merger would alleviate such problems. When I found we were to merge with A&W with all their windoze baggage, I knew, again, we were in trouble.

We need to find a way to dump the M$ cheap BS and go with tried and true anything else.

To get to your very pointed question, were the rewards to management truly based on performance, these idiots would get squat.

To this day, I have no idea why the "unions" keep pushing the idea that this management team needs preserving.

Dump the bastards.

Tell the Al Crellins you won't charge them with felonies if they "consult" until the airline can find replacements.

:eek:ff:

That's quite a bit of egregious hubris to think that I would sit around all day and look for ways to insult you. I mean, seriously, I don't have time to return your calls, why would I look for ways to insult you on this board?

I think the folks working in web development are a bunch of no-count nincompoops.

Maybe I'm just that much smarter than you are?

You're not the end all be all of customer service. And just because you aren't getting top level attention for all of your gripes doesn't mean the new US Airways isn't, either.

This website is an embarrassing disaster. Can't these "whiz kids" in Tempe do anything right? Give me a break, Sandcastle! Get off your high horses and listen to us, or you'll just be another Low Caring Carrier.

Yet another disappointing usairways.bomb flub...

Just because someone is a "Westie" doesn't mean they don't come from the East Coast, and can take you on any day. We're in the same league, Bobby Boy, so why don't you vent your ill-directed frustration elsewhere. I'm getting bored.
PineyBob is not my customer base.

At least you got one part right: there is no Mr. Barbell.

So much anger and so little substance.

Thanked her for her time and told if I made the trip it would be on United!

I'm sure she was thrilled to hear that. :blink:
Just another request from the front line guys....
I really feel sorry for you guys (as do most of the front liners having to deal with things on a daily basis), but I really dont need to hear X amount of times a day how things suck and that you're going to fly (airline of choice here) because of problem (fill in the blank). And then I get attitude because I dont show enough emotion and concern that I couldnt rectify whatever fiasco you have encountered from the get go. If you have a problem I can solve, great, happy to oblige. If not, sorry. I'll do my best and if its not good enough, then excercise your alternatives and attempt to contact someone who can rectify the problem, but I really dont need to hear the whole story, gorey details and all. :shock: ;)

PineyBob is not my customer base. My customer base is having absolutely no issue with the website. And they have no issue with the work that I do.

Dear Sir,

Please tell me then what is your customer base? From my vantage point in the cheap seats USAirways is going after the once a year flyer that is only interested in going from point A to B the cheapest way possible. It appears that management doesn't wish to cultivate any type of relationship with frequent flyers.

It is this same group of people that management appears to be ignoring that are opinion leaders. These people help shape the opinions of less knowledgeable in the field of airfare and travel. Because of this I submit to you that Mr. PineyBob is part of your customer base, for the simple fact that he wished to travel on USAirways.

I keep seeing management telling everyone, “Pardon Our Dust,†well eight months into the merger and I haven’t seen any real progress. The front line staff is trying to do the best they can with what they have to work with, but it does not look like this project was planned out well.

The website does not work reliability. End of discussion, it needs to work correctly every time regardless of who tries it. Most recently it took me 40 minutes on the phone with support just to do Online Check In. If it works for you, I am very happy for you, but then it is does not consistently.

The website should not have been launched in it’s current condition. I actually used the condition USAirways website to show my management why we should not launch our redesigned website until we were sure it would work properly. This lead to our web team coining a new phrase to sum up our position: “We were not going to do a USAir on the website.â€

From a customer standpoint, I really don’t care about all of the work and complexity that goes on in the backend in order for it to work. As a customer, it’s not my problem. Fix it and don’t launch something new until you are sure it is going to work.

I want the site to work reliably each time. I don’t want to see any loss of functionality compared to what I had. The new site doesn’t work reliably and is seriously lacking in functionality.

Most recently, I have been referring everyone to Orbitz to purchase tickets on USAirways for the simple reason; Orbitz works reliably every time and has since the day the site was launched.

Mr. Barbell, please try to book tickets on the new website in business class from PHL to SIN or JNB. Neither one is possible. The new website doesn’t believe that SIN or JNB are valid destinations. They are both served by * Alliance. Under the old website I could book tickets to both destinations.

Better yet, I challenge you to book a business class ticket from PHL to NRT. You can’t under the new website. The site only gives you the option to book this in economy or first class.

Management appears to have taken a, “we know best attitude†and the customer is wrong or we know what the customer wants without asking them. Again, I’m just reporting from what I’m seeing in the cheap seats. I would like to believe that I’m wrong, but I don’t drink koolaid.

The following can be found at http://usairways.com/awa/content/traveltoo...tterminals.aspx
Although the text of the page says that the list is all cities to which US flies, its biggest hub, Charlotte, doesn't show up in the list. Neither do the cities of ARL, LGW, SNN, MAD, FRA, MUC, AMS, MAN, SXM, DUB, etc...

Home > Travel Tools & Services > Travel Tips > Airport Terminals
Airport Terminals
Below you will find a list of cities to which US Airways flies and the airport terminals from which your US Airways flight will depart. For more information, you may speak to an US Airways employee at the airport, or look at the official web site for your departure airport. These web sites are also listed below.

Latest posts