Its the website, stupid

OK, last night I spent three hours helping a friend TRY to buy a ticket on US via the website. What a cluster.

The availabilty screen is a real mess too ! With the old system, when you checked availability BUF PHL say, you got all the nonstops. If you couldnt find anything and went further, THEN you got connections. Now, the initial display gives you a whole bunch of connections and burried in are the directs. WHAT businessman wants all that clutter? Often they dont even come up in a chronological order. We used to be able to pull a straight timetable display. Lets hope they rework this thing. I've gotten feed back from passengers and its ALL been negative. Partly is due to it's being new, that I can understand but it just seems to lack SO much and fall short in a LOT of areas. :(

This is funny. I emailed the Q & A people on the merger team to ask why only PHX and LAS were the only airport maps available on the "new" website. I just checked to see if anyone actually read my email. WOW. I guess they did. The amusing part is that now when you go to look at terminal maps on usairways.com, all of the images to the maps of US East airports are broken links, but PHX and LAS are still there in living color. Hillarious!

The last time I tried to do OLCI on the new site it took two phone calls to the CP desk. The first time they gave me the wrong confirmation # and it wouldn't let me check in without it. The second time it took an hour phone call to the CP desk for them to fix my reservation so I could do OLCI. If I didn't have to be at PHL at the crack of dawn for my flight I would have just waited and done it at the airport. No strike that, after the first incorrect confirmation number attempt I didn't want to get to PHL and find I had a problem and spend time fixing it there and risking missing my flight.

It has gotten to the point where I won't even check the US website anymore for flights. I use Orbitz, and you know what? I'm a much happier person for it right now. It has a reservation engine that works, I get flight updates, and the ability to change my seat REALLY DOES WORK!!!

Oh, this website absolutely sucks. I can't believe how inefficient and difficult it is to use! I mean seriously: I just created a brand new Dividend Miles account in under 2 minutes:

Confirmation
Verify Confirmation

Thank You for Registering
Your account has been created.

Your new Dividend Miles number is listed below. Please make note of your Dividend Miles number or print out this page for future reference.

Martha Webtest

What a waste. The unbridled arrogance of this management team is ridiculous! They expect us to use this POS website that doesn't ever work?!?!!?!?!?

usairways.bomb indeed :rolleyes:

Well, the airport terminal maps have been fixed, sort of... partial credit for trying, but they're way too small to read - Philadelphia looks like some sort of amoeba and good luck with Los Angeles.

BTW, I wonder if I can credit one of my next flights to Ms. Webtest... or better yet, get one of our CPs here to nominate her to Silver? :lol:

Oh, this website absolutely sucks. I can't believe how inefficient and difficult it is to use! I mean seriously: I just created a brand new Dividend Miles account in under 2 minutes:

Confirmation
Verify Confirmation

Your new Dividend Miles number is listed below. Please make note of your Dividend Miles number or print out this page for future reference.

Martha Webtest

What a waste. The unbridled arrogance of this management team is ridiculous! They expect us to use this POS website that doesn't ever work?!?!!?!?!?

So glad you had success. I however, did not. And not to beat a dead horse, but beyond the DM fiasco, I couldn't book the reservation I wanted due to the site's limitations regarding code shares. Why do we code share if our website won't allow us to book those flights? I am dumbfounded at this.

I stand by my original statement. usairways.com sucks.

Confirmation
Verify Confirmation

Martha Webtest

'remain calm, all is wellllllll!' Chip Diller

Or:
We're sorry, but we were unable to complete your request.

Here's what happened:
We are unable to locate your reservation. Reservation details are only available for two days after the trip has been completed.
Here's how to fix it:
Please check that you correctly entered your confirmation code and try again.

If you need help, call our 24-hour Internet Help Desk at 1-800-327-7810.
Reference Code: 0 (1.8.600100.100001)
Occurred: 6/18/2006 4:38:09 AM

The site DOES suck. It sucks less now than when it first went live. Will it continue to get better - no doubt; but to say this was a successful launch is disingenuous. That's pissing folks off as much or more as the site itself.

Well, if that don't beat all: yet another atrocious usairways.bomb website failure. :shock:

I can't book a single codeshare flight, and it won't let me earn my miles on UA's far superior product. :down: Everyone in Tempe should be fired!

Purchase

To complete this reservation, select seats, enter credit card information, and click 'Purchase'. All amounts shown are in USD unless otherwise noted.

Depart Arrive Flight # and Details
6:40 AM 13 Jul 2006
Philadelphia, PA 9:30 AM 13 Jul 2006
San Francisco, CA Flight: 7067
Class: Coach Airbus A319
On-Time: N/A Meal: Food For Purchase
Travel Time: 5 h 50 m
11:33 AM 13 Jul 2006
San Francisco, CA 2:10 PM 14 Jul 2006
Tokyo, Japan Flight: 6841
Class: Coach Boeing 747-400
On-Time: N/A Meal: Lunch
Travel Time: 10 h 37 m
Return Arrive Flight # and Details
2:20 PM 22 Jul 2006
Tokyo, Japan 11:47 AM 22 Jul 2006
Chicago, IL (O'Hare) Flight: 6834
Class: Coach Boeing 777-200
On-Time: N/A Meal: Lunch
Travel Time: 11 h 27 m
4:10 PM 22 Jul 2006
Chicago, IL (O'Hare) 7:21 PM 22 Jul 2006
Philadelphia, PA Flight: 70
Class: Coach Boeing 737-400
On-Time: 30-40% Meal: None
Travel Time: 2 h 11 m
Flight arrives next day
Flight operated by United Airlines

Summary (1 Passenger)
Base Fare $1,701.50

Taxes and Fees $85.20

Grand Total Hide Details $1,786.70

Passenger Type Adult
Fare
PHL to NRT - Fare Basis MHXAPJ $824.50
NRT to PHL - Fare Basis MHWAPJ $877.00
Adjusted Base Fare $1,701.50
Total Fare $1,701.50
Tax: US International Arrival $14.50
Tax: US International Departure $14.50
Fee: US Immigration $7.00
Fee: US Animal & Plant Health Inspection Svc. $5.00
Fee: US Customs User $5.00
Fee: US Passenger Facility Charge $13.50
September 11 Security Fee $7.50
Fee: Japanese International Passenger Service Facilities Charge $18.20
Total Per Passenger $1,786.70
Number of Passengers 1
Total by Passenger Type $1,786.70

Estimated Frequent Flyer miles earned for this itinerary, per member View Details 15054

Anyone can post any number of error messages that may be culled from other posts, even on other boards. But here's a bonafide unique booking opportunity. *Ouch* that must smart...

My parents called me last night and asked me to post this: They spent a half hour on the website attempting to book flights to FLL, only to receive that all-too-familiar error message at the last step. They called the Gold line & got a saintly agent in INT who booked them over the phone. A little while later they got an itinerary confirmation e-mail from US with a confirmation number that was different from the one the phone agent had given them. It turns out the website booking did go through after all. They called the Gold line back and were luckily able to cancel the phone reservation before it had been ticketed. I wonder how many similar situations like this have occurred, and how US is handling requests for refunds on double-ticketing?

I can't believe that after a month we still can't confidently book travel on usairways.com. Thankfully my summer travel was booked prior to the changeover. Now I'm just biding my time until the bugs are fixed before booking my fall travel.

My parents called me last night and asked me to post this: They spent a half hour on the website attempting to book flights to FLL, only to receive that all-too-familiar error message at the last step. They called the Gold line & got a saintly agent in INT who booked them over the phone. A little while later they got an itinerary confirmation e-mail from US with a confirmation number that was different from the one the phone agent had given them. It turns out the website booking did go through after all. They called the Gold line back and were luckily able to cancel the phone reservation before it had been ticketed. I wonder how many similar situations like this have occurred, and how US is handling requests for refunds on double-ticketing?

That's pretty slick, maybe that is the new plan to print money, charge people twice and hope they don't notice!

(It works for Wal-Mart and grocery stores, they always scan stuff wrong or twice and you have to have them fix it or get your money back)

Most of the time the computer will pick up the fact that there is a dup booking and will flag the rez to verify. If you notice and call prior to the computer doing it, US will cxl and refund or void the second tkt. This happens alot when Orbitz, Travelocity, etc have problems and customers thinking that their purchase did not go thru and then book on US website. US web is not the only website that has problems.(No excuses for current problems.) Please note if 2 pax have the same exact name, please add a MI so computer does not think it is a dup booking.