It's what the FED said

speedbrake

Sep 9, 2006
We had a fed come through the line station today to perform a routine "surprise" audit. He was pretty cool and laid back, and since he's pretty much imbedded into the company, I asked him a question. What has he heard about FDX and the new vender rumors? He has been told that smaller stations with about 4 or less amt's will be vendered out as the AMT's retire or transfer :down:

We had a fed come through the line station today to perform a routine "surprise" audit. He was pretty cool and laid back, and since he's pretty much imbedded into the company, I asked him a question. What has he heard about FDX and the new vender rumors? He has been told that smaller stations with about 4 or less amt's will be vendered out as the AMT's retire or transfer :down:

That's my station (4 AMT's). But it will be 15 years before anyone retires. I can't see how it would work. We get three boeing at once and its nuts. 3-4 pireps some flights stay for 4-5 hours and some quick turn!

Its not just us they want to thin out. The rampers are getting cut also.

Hi Kev, it's a pleasure to respond to you. Might I add I also think you have coolest avatar.
Anyway, FedEx has 2451 amt's on the domestic seneority list and this is where I got our "fedex manned" stations, so here goes: abe, abq, afw, alb, anc, atl, atw, aus, bad, bdl, bfm, bhm, boi, bos, bqn, btv, buf, bur, bwi, cae, cid, cle, clt, cos, cpr, day, den, dfw, dlh, drs, dsm, dtw, dwh, elp, ewr, fat, fll, fnt, fsd, geg, gfk, gjt, grr, gso, gsp, gtf, hnb(ind hangar), hnl, hrl, hts, iad, act, ind (line), int, ito, jax, jfk, las, lax (line and hangar), lbb, lck, lft, lgb, lrd, mci, mco, mdt, mem (line and hangar), mht, mia, mke, msn, msp, msy, oak, okc, oma, ont, ord, orf, pdx, phl, phx, pit, pvd, pwm, rdu, ric, rno, roa, rst, rsw, san, sat, sav, sdf, sea, sfo, sgf, sin, sjc, sju, slc, smf, sna, stl, swf, syr, tpa, tus, and tys.
That is a lot of line stations and it concided with fedex's theory of in house amt's are better than vendor mx. Almost all of our stations have amt's do the push backs since fedex would have an amt on the headset if a problem happens with the acft, there would be no waiting since the amt is already there already talking to the crew.
Many regards,
Speedbrake

Hi Speedbrake--

That's quite a list! I had no idea FX had AMT's at so many stations. Thanks for taking the time to type all that up.

Kevin--

P.S. Glad you like the avatar!

Hi Speedbrake--

That's quite a list! I had no idea FX had AMT's at so many stations. Thanks for taking the time to type all that up.

Kevin--

P.S. Glad you like the avatar!

We have better dispatch reliability than the cattle haulers. You can't tell the boxes to get off and get on the next flight in many locations.

Back