567 lays down on members (Captain Smirnoff Strikes Again)

Swordfish

Jun 17, 2011
I walked the AFW Base today and found many junior AMT's and OSM's working throughout the Base. Even more surprising was that people who took early outs and should have been laid off continue to work, while those people senior to them hit the street weeks ago. Isn't this a violation of seniority? TWU Local 567 Officers and Executive Board members have said this is just an anomaly of the RIF and the guys who are laid off cannot grieve it because they are not TWU Members...what's up with that????

I also heard Captain Smirnoff has told the AMT'S, reduced to the OSM jobs, at AFW that AA can take their license premium. Then I heard the Local 565 guys (Peterson) fought AA, since they technically belong to DWH, and the AMT's are keeping their license pay until they are moved to DWH. At least someone is willing to fight for us at AFW...thanks GP!

Reactions: 1 person
Just like Kenny Powell's BS about the one station with DFW that 567 never asked for in negotiations or any other time, the 567 leadership has just completely laid down on the job. They seem more fixated on keeping the local from going to 514 then helping those of us getting shipped out. I have been calling DFW for help with my RIF to Miami. Can't get any help here.

capt smirnoff cant help himself how is supposed to help you? ought to be fun with the captain working in taesl.......

He isn't working in TAESL...he won't even come on the floor in there. It will be interesting when he loses the next election, seeing him working amongst the common folks. Maybe he will join the ranks of his mentors Klopp and Easton...you never know>

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts