JB wants to go back to Atlanta, head to head with Delta

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
I have read 2 articles on this issue.  It appears JB is filing for flights to come back to ALT.  What is the eye-opener is the fact that they want 16 or more flights per day. JB usually don't go with that many flights at a new city entrance.  Delta will be fine as they use to compete with AT now SWA and soon to be JB at ALT.  But it will hit their number of bus. travelers and some pleasure flyers.  JB may just be focusing on the East coast this time around.

JetBlue Wants to Return to Atlanta

Reactions: 2 people
The article stated that Delta was the direct target. Head to Head was stated. No mention of SWA or AA.  Now JB may in fact grow and add flights directly competing with the other airlines, however, the direct competition was mentioned of Delta in this article that I posted.  I have no prob. if JB would eventually go up against SWA or AA as it will all benefit the travelers of ALT in all, and bring down the cost of flying out of ALT for all when they first start their service. Let's wait and see what happens...

Reactions: 1 person
swamt said:
I have read 2 articles on this issue.  It appears JB is filing for flights to come back to ALT.  What is the eye-opener is the fact that they want 16 or more flights per day. JB usually don't go with that many flights at a new city entrance.  Delta will be fine as they use to compete with AT now SWA and soon to be JB at ALT.  But it will hit their number of bus. travelers and some pleasure flyers.  JB may just be focusing on the East coast this time around.

JetBlue Wants to Return to Atlanta
They are't really "targeting" anyone. jetBlue simply won't be able to offer the capacity and frequency to compete in any of the possible markets they would add. 
Boston, New York City, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale and maybe LA or Tampa are all strong Delta cities and have a metric ton of capacity/frequency on Delta. 

jetBlue needs to fly to Atlanta but just enough to satisfy its HVCs/FF and cooperate contracts in cities like BOS/NYC/FLL. They will probably do pretty badly on Atlanta point of sale. 

Dog Wonder said:
DL owns the airport in ATL.  Getting even two "preferential gates" is a tall order.
not really. Plenty of slack in the common use gates with Southwest doing its massive pull down. (also Frontier is pulling a good bit of its flying also) 

Kev3188 said:
The biggest target belongs to AA, and their gates on T...

not at all. that issue has already been worked out. 

the Delta domestic GSE shop is getting moved and T is getting expanded a few gates for American to consolidate. 

My bet is jetBlue gets rights to the old US (now American) gates on D. The gates are going to become common use but I expect jetBlue to go after preferential use on 2-3 of them.  
but as i said above, with Southwest basically consolidated to C and Frontier pulling back a lot of its flying that just leaves Delta, Spirit and Alaska on D. (and if Alaska can fit on the expanded T with American I fully expect them to move over)