Jd Powers Ranks Nwa Last

I recently flew NWA first DTW-MCO as a DAL codeshare. It ranked as one of the worst first class experiences. The F/As did the minimum and after which proceeded to talk and read. In the meantime the pax needed refills on drinks/snacks etc. Most people on the flight were going for relaxation, myself for a long wknd. It would have been nice to have a drink refill to relax and start enjoying the weekend. I will never fly NWA if possible.

HGIEFOswitch said:
J.D. Powers??? So what. TWA won it 2 years in a row. As a frequent airline traveler I can honestly tell you they all suck. No matter who you buy a ticket on, it's the same TSA hassels. Have you ever sampled the legacy carriers? Other than looking at the ticket, it's hard to tell who you're flying. It's either a codshare or a contracted regional. Even worse, every airline consistantly repeats the same lame P.A's. "Sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight." It's a commody product. Service is irrelevent. Whoever has the lowest costs wins.

If it's service, class, and a hassel free trip, consider the fractionals. Netjets and CitationShares is the future regarding the high end passenger. The N.G. Bizjets is stealing the majority of high end traveler from the airlines. All that will be left of the airlines will be those that adapt to become super LCC's.
[post="256846"][/post]​
Sadly, you have hit it on the nail. The entire industry (domestically)has deteriorated to Walmart/ SW mentality. Quality for most Americans means the cheaspest price.

jimntx said:
The point is that the same passenger who complains loudly about the lack of leg room and amenities on an AA or NW flight doesn't hesitate to meekly put up with those things on SW if it saves him $10.00 on a transcon flight.
[post="256742"][/post]​

But the fact is WN does offer more leg room in coach than NW and AA, Rapid Reward members get free booze in coach, no RJ, no $50 charge to talk to a human, and even better food with the snack packs

SW serves free drinks? Alcoholic drinks? I didn't realize that. Everyone serves free soft drinks but not alcohol, good to know. Of course personal taste on snacks is personal taste so there is no real value to the 'our snack is better than yours' argument.

( hey JB, thanks for the ride today. You guys are great )

mrman said:
But the fact is WN does offer more leg room in coach than NW and AA, Rapid Reward members get free booze  in coach
[post="257020"][/post]​

I won't dispute the leg room statement because I don't know for sure though I would be surprised if it is true in a WN vs. AA matchup. So Rapid Rewards members get free booze. Some of the AAdvantage members get free upgrades to F/C at AA when seats are available where the booze is always free, the seats are bigger, there is more space for your carry-on luggage, and depending upon the time of day, there is a hot meal on a tray not just a snack box. And all AAdvantage members can upgrade if they have the points.

Oh, and let's not forget that it is an assigned seat, not a case of "I beat the old lady on the crutches to the window seat on the exit row." :p