Jeff Mcclelland-vp

UWCactus

Veteran
Oct 12, 2005
Tempe HQ
Visit site
For thos of you new to the HP managment. I've posted two stories about Jeff McClelland who was Chief Operating Officer for HP pre merger and post merger has assumed Executive Vice President and Chief Administration officer. I've had the pleasure of interacting with Jeff a few times during his last bout with cancer and he is truly amazing. When the employees of HP read the first story about his fight with cancer and his committment to putting the pieces together for this merger, we were astonished at his resolve. I hope you can read both articles to become better familiar with the character of this man. I dont' think you can doubt his committment to this company.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles...tonline-ON.html

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/b...clelland30.html

Sorry I don't know how to post a direct link...you have to copy and paste.

i read the article. i truly admire this man. god bless him and his family. management or not, he is still a human being and no one should be subjected to this kind of illness. nobody deserves that.

nobody deserves that.

Actually, we all deserve it and therein lies the problem, not many can see that fact.

His character reveals his faith, the kind that will determine his eternal destiny, the destiny not far off for us all yet denied by most with their fallacy hopes and belief which leads to destruction. “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. “Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Actually, we all deserve it and therein lies the problem, not many can see that fact.

His character reveals his faith, the kind that will determine his eternal destiny, the destiny not far off for us all yet denied by most with their fallacy hopes and belief which leads to destruction. “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. “Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
i feel you my brother.

The human spirit is often a marvel to observe. I don't know of his faith, so I won't be so quick to put him in that box as others, BUT it sure does make you pause to reflect doesn't it? To ponder form where it is that he draws his strength. From God? His Family? Even his work or friends? Or perhaps from someplace deep within or all of these places.

I agree with what you are saying. Stuff like this terrible disease really puts things in perspective.
I think all of us have been touched in one way or another...

What he has accomplished is truly remarkable. He has been an inspiration to many. He exemplifies the character of the old AWA Management team and brings that character to the new US Airways management team. I've seen him at the town halls by DPs side and you'd never guess he was ill with cancer. Always smiling and giving straight answers. Jeff, if you read this post, thank you for your courage. Your selflessness has benefited us all and many of us are praying you get better.

Latest posts