Jerry

SKY HIGH

Veteran
May 22, 2004
https://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/Ev...cepage=register

New Generation Regional Jets Reshape the Market

Legacy carriers are fighting to get their costs in shape while maintaining flight frequencies and capitalizing on their networks' reach, a key strategic advantage legacy carriers have over the point-to-point Low Cost Carriers. Some US legacy carriers are confronting this challenge through the use of the new generation of larger 70-90 seat regional jets on substitute service for larger aircraft, or on wholly new service on routes too thin for larger equipment. And Air Canada is about to flood its routes with RJ frequencies as its weapon of choice to combat LCCs. Clearly, the 70-90-seat regional jet has increased legacy carriers' range of competition options.

But the larger RJs' flexibility cuts both ways. The introduction of 70-90 seat aircraft by JetBlue is a further low-cost challenge to network carriers. In Europe, with less 50 seat RJ activity than in North America, the 70-90 seaters may allow network carriers to compete with LCCs in leisure markets. The ATW/A2A/ASM webcast on December 13th will examine the likely outcomes in terms of network development patterns, and the consequences for airports.

Featured Speakers:
Jerry Glass, President - J. Glass & Associates, a division of Ford & Harrison
J.A. Donoghue, Editorial Director - Air Transport World

Date: December 13, 2005

CHECK OUT: AIR TRANSPORT WORLD WEBSITE
WEBCASTS

All Jerry glASS is expert at is busting unions and wages. He even wrote a book about it.

King LOSER :down: :down: :down:

All Jerry glASS is expert at is busting unions and wages. He even wrote a book about it.

King LOSER :down: :down: :down:
Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer of US Airways, Jerry Glass, Returns to Ford & Harrison Consultancy Group; Glass to Lead Firm-Wide Consultancy Expansion

WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 3, 2005--Ford & Harrison, one of the nation's largest labor and employment law firms, is pleased to announce the return of Jerry Glass, the former Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer at US Airways, to lead J. Glass & Associates - a consultancy division of the firm. Glass, a key US Airways executive who played a pivotal role in the airline's restructuring and its recent, highly successful emergence from bankruptcy, will practice in the firm's Washington, DC office and spearhead a firm-wide initiative to expand and market all of Ford & Harrison's ancillary consulting services.

Glass returns to Ford & Harrison's J. Glass & Associates after working for three and a half years at US Airways. Glass played a crucial role in leading the negotiations with all of the airline's labor unions and was instrumental in the success of the overall restructuring.

"When it comes to understanding human resources issues, and labor and employee relations, Jerry is the best of the best," commented John Luth, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Seabury Group LLC, a specialized investment banking and advisory firm which assisted US Airways Group, Inc., in its restructuring and is widely recognized as one of the top financial advisors and aviation consultants in the business. "He is a skilled negotiator and a trusted advisor."

Glass's return to Ford & Harrison occurs just as the firm embarks on an aggressive expansion of its labor and employment consulting practice into more specialized areas such as recruiting, corporate learning, lost time management, workplace issues, and corporate restructurings.

Ford & Harrison anticipates that Glass' experience and leadership will be of particular value to companies in industries facing similar restructuring issues (i.e. labor costs, pension restructuring, healthcare management, retiree issues, etc.) to those that were addressed at US Airways.

"Jerry is one of the most highly recognized and respected HR executives in corporate America, clearly demonstrated by his stellar work in the success of US Airlines' restructuring," said C. Lash Harrison, Managing Partner of Ford & Harrison. "We have mandated a vast strategic commitment to expand and grow our consulting services and Jerry is the perfect person to lead that charge. We are very fortunate to have him back aboard and our clients will benefit enormously now that his expertise is available to them."

"Ford & Harrison is one of the preeminent labor and employment law firms," said Glass. "In today's business climate, with many companies being forced to restructure, the firm's consulting services are in high demand. I am looking forward to working closely with my former colleagues and driving this area of the business to new heights."

Messrs. Harrison and Glass are available for interviews to discuss Glass' role at the firm and, more generally, on labor and employment issues in the US market.

About Jerrold A Glass

In addition to recently serving as US Airways' executive vice president and chief human resources officer, Glass has served as chief negotiator for corporations in the airline, railroad and other transportation related industries. He has successfully concluded nearly 70 separate labor agreements without any disruptions to service or job actions. He has advised clients on negotiation strategies and contract proposals, with comparative studies of industry labor agreements, including pay, practices and procedures and benefit plans. In addition, Glass has provided labor analysis on contract negotiations and settlements for investment banks, financial services institutions and other non-airline companies.

Glass served from 1980 to 1989 with the Airline Industrial Relations Conference, the labor policy and information exchange organization of U.S. scheduled carriers, holding several senior positions, including vice president, secretary-treasurer and director labor relations research. He is a graduate of Boston University, holds an M.P.A. with a major in management science from The George Washington University. He resides with his wife and two children in Northern Virginia.

About Ford & Harrison

Ford & Harrison is a national labor and employment law firm with more than 140 lawyers in 15 offices: Atlanta, Asheville, Birmingham, Dallas, Denver, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, Miami, Memphis, New York, Orlando, Oxford, Spartanburg, Tampa and Washington, D.C. The firm represents employers in labor, employment, immigration and employee benefits matters, including litigation, in issues involving national and international jurisdictions. Clients range from Fortune 500 corporations to mid-sized and smaller businesses.
http://www.fordharrison.com/fh/news/legal_alerts.asp
http://www.fordharrison.com/fh/publication..._management.asp

The Truth??? About what?

What a great hero Jerry is?? A business superstar?? Company savior?? How blind can you be man!

There are two sides to every story. Why don't they knock all the gloss off his "stellar work" and REALLY tell it like it is? I experienced his so called employee relations.

Blatantly violating labor agreements...Manipulating the legal system to the company's wrongful advantage...Extorting pay and benefit cuts from employees while management fattens their wallets...

That's admirable alright.....if you are a greedy corporate whore, lacking in ethics, common decency, and morality.

Hooray for Jerry and his successes <_< !!!

He is one of the most abominable individuals on the face of the earth :angry: !!!!

Perhaps you should re-examine your perception of a business success :huh: ?

The Truth??? About what?

What a great hero Jerry is?? A business superstar?? Company savior?? How blind can you be man!

There are two sides to every story. Why don't they knock all the gloss off his "stellar work" and REALLY tell it like it is? I experienced his so called employee relations.

Blatantly violating labor agreements...Manipulating the legal system to the company's wrongful advantage...Extorting pay and benefit cuts from employees while management fattens their wallets...

That's admirable alright.....if you are a greedy corporate whore, lacking in ethics, common decency, and morality.

Hooray for Jerry and his successes <_< !!!

He is one of the most abominable individuals on the face of the earth :angry: !!!!

Perhaps you should re-examine your perception of a business success :huh: ?
Very well put but this is how corporate America justifies their work. Labor and Middle America need to wake up. I know it. You know it. But the rest of America is blind to their tactics. I post this stuff to let every body know what Glass and gang are up to. This info needs to get out and people like you need to let every body know what kind of people they are.This is not by view just how the news media portrays this guy thanks for The TRUTH

Piney,

It's obvious to me that you never experienced the extortion and outright robbery, courtesy of Jerry glASS. Fore if you did, you wouldn't be so logical about this robber barron's offenses against the working man <_< .

Of course he sleeps good at night.....he has NO Conscience at all :down: :down:

Very well put but this is how corporate America justifies their work. Labor and Middle America need to wake up. I know it. You know it. But the rest of America is blind to their tactics. I post this stuff to let every body know what Glass and gang are up to. This info needs to get out and people like you need to let every body know what kind of people they are.This is not by view just how the news media portrays this guy thanks for The TRUTH

Thanks for posting this. I think you make a valid point. The labor world needs to get ready and be informed.

I will use this information in the future with a prupose. I will make sure no one forgets what happened here, or gets over it.

I don't want to come across as cold, but I have no personal dealings with Mr. Glass and I don't pass judgement on people on what other people say about their character, unless of course I know that person very well. So far, it appears there was a winner and (please don't take this wrong)and angry losers. Please provide some concrete examples of how he was all of those things mentioned above. For example, how did he extort, decieve or rob?

Jerry and the neo-Lorenzo types.

Concession #1:
Lie#1. Said the company needed concessions in order to thwart BK. All labor groups needed to participate and reach their bogie numbers. Total $1 billion in order to qualify for an ATSB loan, and we had to have this done by June 28, 2002.

Lie#2. Said at the f/a table that he had to have the "no furlough language" deleted and that the company had no intentions of furloughing fa/s, but rather f/as would leave through normal attrition. He said that MAA would be a wholly-owned and a LCC within a carrier in order to compete and that the furloughees from 2001 (post 9/11) would have these jobs first with details to be negotiated after we qualified for the ATSB.

Today we sit at approx. 4,000 f/as on the East (down from 11,500 in 2001)

Lie #3. Said negotiations would be consensual and labor friendly, and that everyone would participate including managment.

Lie #4 We would only need $1 billion in concessions from labor.

Concessin #2 BK #1: (2 months after all groups ratified) More concessions needed...$200-400 million more.

5-day negotiations ratified 4-months after ratification of concessins #1, again not consensual agreements, but rather forced with more threats of liquidation. Psychological war games, acceleration of discipline, terminations of employees more furloughs. All spearheaded by Jerry G. More wage reductions in the form of War deferrals, major work rule changes, reduction in personnel.

Lie #5: No outsourcing
Lie #6: No more concessions

Concession #3 BK #3:

More concessions, another $1.4 billion needed, more furloughs, outsourcing jobs, elimination of a labor group. More threats of liquidation, Jerry responsible for destroying morale with all labor groups and not permitted in concession #3 negotiatons, however remained behind the scenes. Company motioned for more wage reductions and emergency relief from labor 21% paycuts, and termination of retirement medical and dumping pension plans. Destroyed all of labor, morale hits rock bottom, apathy set in. Labor paid for failed business plan.

All of managment received compensation and bonuses for a failed business plan. Only salvation was a merger with a smaller LCC.

Many jobs were lost, and the managment including Jerry G was rewarded for stripping an airline and selling it off.

IMO, Jerry did not accept the job at AWA, as he was offered a contract. Jerry accepted the contract on Sept 27 and then resigned on Oct. 1 for the "termination clause" and severance package. He now will take his bk business plan to other airlines and industries to infect the working labor force and captilize on ruining other companies work force.

Eric,

I know you know all of this in detail. I don't appreciate deceit.

Any company that goes into BK twice in 3 years and extracts $2.4 billion just from their labor force not counting 40% elimination of jobs, has to be able to stay afloat long enough to infuse investor money. The gov. and BK is what saved this airline; not managment. Jerry receives no credit fom me. BK is not ingeniousness, its a loophole to circumvent "good faith bargaining" with all contracts, not just labor's. In the end, you screw employees, vendors, creditors, shareholders and taxpayers.
NOPE. Receives no credit from me.

And the entire senior executive team funded their pension contribution plans fully before Bk #2, and then took a 10% reduction in "payroll" (as they called it).

Corporate greed in many forms. Trust, I have enough info to fill a novel.

It goes like this ERIC:

Accept this completely "gutted" labor agreement or we will outsource your jobs, and close maintenance bases.

If this agreement is not ratified, we will layoff thousands.

Now, if that isn't extortion perhaps you could explain just exactly what is?

It's NOT admirable, BUT it was what he was hired to do and from that perspective he was one of the few who actually earned his bonus.

As for unions, Jerry beat them by doing what was required to achieve the goals set forth by the company. He had the economic conditions and the BK laws on his side and he could play fast and loose. So he did. You can be bitter and angry but he beat your unions. Teddy was the only one to have limited success, and in the end it looks to me like he got her too.

Hell of a way to live life IMO, but I guess if he can sleep at night it's OK

He might be sleeping well at night, but at some point, he will be answering to a "higher authority". And I don't think his greedy legacy will be well received when he gets there.

Gutting labor is a systematic movement rippling through out America. It's part of the globalization movement, and the government is supporting it. Jerry's getting way to much credit, he was just in the right place at the right time to grab the glory . Labor has lost retail, banking and now aviation. Look for Jerry or some other clone to show up at GM next, it's auto manufacturering's turn.

Look at the bright side, you have taken a huge pay cut, BUT you can buy a cheap television made in China from Walmart, there's ATM's on every corner and soon that $25,000 GMC can be yours for a mere $9,900.