Jerry

He might be sleeping well at night, but at some point, he will be answering to a "higher authority". And I don't think his greedy legacy will be well received when he gets there.

SpinDoc replies:

Jerry Glass represents all that is
wrong with the corporate world, and
in particular what has been ailing
US Airways for the past 10 years.

Management by fear has been the only
method of operations at US Airways.
From the top on down, there has never
been cooperation, only deceit and
arbitrary orders. If the old US Airways
was able to eradicate this cancerous
culture many years ago, the company
would have thrived and not ended up
in the throes of Jerry Glass.

Mr. Glass came along to pick fruit
when US was ripe for picking, and he
did an admirable job of firmly
entrenching the troops with management
by fear tactics. Those who chose not
to be indoctrinated were tossed to the
side routinely, and it's been Jerry's
way or the highway. That's a hell of
a way to run a railroad if you asked
me. With the old US culture and Jerry's
tactics, the airline was destined to
fail and be sold off.

If you don't have the trust and
cooperation of your own employees,
your company will fall into the
sh!tter quicker than you would
ever guess. I suppose this is a
lesson that was not learned, and
will be repeated by HP management.

Eric,

I know you know all of this in detail. I don't appreciate deceit.

Actually Pit, your perspective on the events brings value and is appreciated. No, I'm not trying to decieve anyone. Honestly, I haven't been exposed to the ugly side of the airline industry (it shows from what I've been told <_< ). My first commericial airline experience at HP came just after 911. Although we have struggled, we've had alot of fun along the way. Best workgroup I've ever been associated with for the past 4 years. Then DP tries to convince us at HP that the proposed merger with US Airways is a good thing. Many are skeptical (heck things are good aren't they?), but after time DP swings most of the skeptics including myself. After the merger we begin to see what DP was saying about the US East folks is ringing true and start to feel more at ease about the merger (some of our group comes back from Pitt with great stories, and other "expedition" stories begin circulate). There is still a great deal of uncertainty ahead, and knowing where you've been helps. Our group is not currently represented, not a big deal from what I'm told if we are acreeded. So...knowing what to expect if it comes down to my union (if unionized) negotiating with someone you have experience with helps. It doesn't sound good if it comes to that, but I'm much further ahead today then I was yesterday.

Eric,

Well, you have a good attitude. Funny thing, Doug showed up 4 years ago post 9/11, how ironic. Did you come in with him?

I have hope for the merged U, and wish everyone the best. I just would have been more at ease if Parker didn't retain some of the Lorenzo gang from the East.

But time will tell the tale.

PS: The funny thing is that brings me chuckles is that the CCY managment hasn't posted since ther merger. I believe I saw a couple posts immediately after the merger, and than severance packages and bonus money and then POOF, they're gone! :up: and silence on this forum.

However, I have a feeling that a couple received new computers and are showing up as "newbies".

Eric,

Over here on the East side, we do have some really great employees and very fine people. I've met a few "Westies" and so far, all have been wonderful.

Yes, we will find some regional and cultural differences but nothing that can't be adapted. Some of us "Easties" might be suffering from PTMD - Post Traumatic Management Decisions. :lol:

Jerry contributed to this disorder to a large degree. Let's hope his continued presence on the property won't affect our new airline.

We've got a lot of competition out there. One thing that can truly make a difference is the attitudes and hard work of the employees.

I'm mostly proud of all the folks I work with. We might have a few lemons here and there, but what large company doesn't?

Dea ;)