JetBlue Shares Could Defy Current Negative Sentiment

Paul

Veteran
Nov 15, 2005
Bear Stearns research analyst David Strine maintained a "peer perform" rating on JetBlue Airways, believing there is likely upside to near-term yield estimates despite the current negativity surrounding the stock.

"In our view, JetBlue is now circling the wagons and focusing not just on building the franchise and what is right with its business, but thinking about what may be improved upon," wrote the analyst in a recent research report.

With the shares down about 60% from their peak, the analyst believes it's time to consider the airline's strategy and "what may turn the tide."

If JetBlue (nasdaq: JBLU - news - people ) slows growth, cost per available seat mile could rise and the diversification of the network could take longer to accomplish, the analyst says.

Forbes.com

JBLU is already up around 16%+ from the low in Feb.

I'm adding shares, but only on a pullback. With oil pushing up, we just might get a pullback.

All the other negative "news" on JBLU re loss/E190 problems, is most likely priced in. Started 2006 with a gap down, and added a couple of gaps subsequently. That being said, this thrust down needs more time to work itself out, so to speak ;)

Jetblue took another dive today on a downgrade by Prudential:

JetBlue (JBLU: 10.27, -0.84, -7.6%) was the hardest hit, falling to a three-year low of $10.04 after Prudential lowered its rating to underweight, saying longer-term structural issues are a bigger problem than current losses. See more analyst coverage.

"We believe JetBlue needs to seek available gates elsewhere at JFK, reduce weak long-haul flying, and slow aircraft deliveries if stock is to be more than a short-term news-driven trade," the broker said.

Shares finished down 84 cents at $10.27.

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Stor...hoo&siteid=yhoo

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060310/jetblue_mover.html?.v=1

Slow down aircraft deliveries? But isn't very fast growth the smart way to return to profitability?

I thought B6 mgt. mentioned in an earnings call last year that they were supposed to come up with an interim space solution at JFK by Presidents' Day. Are they still working toward that? If so, what will it be and when? T6 is mayhem and I'm assuming maxed out.

I thought B6 mgt. mentioned in an earnings call last year that they were supposed to come up with an interim space solution at JFK by Presidents' Day.

All SJU and STI flights depart out of terminal 4 now. I'm not sure about BQN or PSE. Construction of a temporary 7 gate addition to the terminal should begin soon now that part of the ramp (parcel Z)construction for T6 is complete.

All SJU and STI flights depart out of terminal 4 now. I'm not sure about BQN or PSE. Construction of a temporary 7 gate addition to the terminal should begin soon now that part of the ramp (parcel Z)construction for T6 is complete.
Cool, thanks! Not sure where parcel Z is. Is this going to be along the terminal roadway over toward T5, or more of a midfield structure?