Job cuts are coming

Exactly they are all acting like if the filing was a non event. They won't even talk about it.

Yes Tiny Tim Horton will be in the big Apple today to spread some Holiday Cheer. God bless us all.. And to all a good night.

I've worked these flights to PVG and NRT, those ladies will still be able to hold whatever trip they want, and know they have it better at AA rather then starting over at some other job.

Worst case scenario for line mechs - this will be the last Christmas we'll have to work.
Best case scenario for OH mechs - They'll get to work next Christmas for AA.

Worst case also works for all other AA employees that work in the 24/7 operation.

I'm sure you know there has been a forced closing of the Tulsa base for almost 20 years. They used to claim it saved money but haven't heard lately. It has always saved some money by not having to pay those who have no vacation left.

I'm sure you know there has been a forced closing of the Tulsa base for almost 20 years. They used to claim it saved money but haven't heard lately. It has always saved some money by not having to pay those who have no vacation left.

I'm sure AA will more then make that by not paying x1.5 for guys to work the weekend or by changing OH work rules.

I'm sure AA will more then make that by not paying x1.5 for guys to work the weekend or by changing OH work rules.

The OH work rules could include 7 day coverage on the bases but would require more heads. That may explain the hiring frenzy as they did pitch this as a 30% savings (on paper) in negotiations. Where are the savings if you have to hire more rather than just pay o.t. and who else in the industry has a 7 day hangar operation?

The OH work rules could include 7 day coverage on the bases but would require more heads. That may explain the hiring frenzy as they did pitch this as a 30% savings (on paper) in negotiations. Where are the savings if you have to hire more rather than just pay o.t. and who else in the industry has a 7 day hangar operation?

It sounds like you think everything will stay status quo with scope and work rules, if AA farms out the APU shop or the seat shop, move 777 c check to asia, close ORD maint, close AFW, how many mechs would that free up?

who knows what is going to happen to us, i wish the best for all of us.

prepair for the worst, hope for the best.

It sounds like you think everything will stay status quo with scope and work rules, if AA farms out the APU shop or the seat shop, move 777 c check to asia, close ORD maint, close AFW, how many mechs would that free up?

who knows what is going to happen to us, i wish the best for all of us.

prepair for the worst, hope for the best.
No, I think there are changes coming but I have no confidence that those changes will improve the lack of leadership skills in manAAgement.

Worst case scenario for line mechs - this will be the last Christmas we'll have to work.

Worst case also works for all other AA employees that work in the 24/7 operation.

Actually, truthfully, the best case scenario for overhaul mechanics would be not to be working at AA next year. Maybe, just maybe, they (we) would be forced to look for another career and leave this awful industry. I don't want to keep working for another 10 years and then find out the same scenario down the road. Didn't we do this in 2003?

I assume that the 9% unemployment in the country will have no bearing on the mechanic and related workforce. With the consideration of a possible ASM (OSM) on the aircraft docks, who knows. Could be a jobs creation package for the sitting president, if he lasts long enough. But in reality there are 1125 Title I at AFW and the base is said to be pretty expensive.

It is my opinion, that the Hangar 1&2 docks are moving to a full 7 day operation, once the 1/7 th rule is removed, Hangar 5 will also continue their 7 day operation and the Componet shops will have to follow soon and some already have.