Judge rules against agents!

I'm still hopeful the NO voters can get us a better deal. What incentive is there for the company to budge? I think if they would give as little as a couple holidays, a 3 year contract and keep the OT rules like they are, would be enough to get an agreement. I sense reality slowly soaking in.... and I still haven't seen one "I Voted No" T-Shirt yet.

I'm still hopeful the NO voters can get us a better deal. What incentive is there for the company to budge? I think if they would give as little as a couple holidays, a 3 year contract and keep the OT rules like they are, would be enough to get an agreement. I sense reality slowly soaking in.... and I still haven't seen one "I Voted No" T-Shirt yet.

Why not A 3 YR contract? It will go six years anyway.
It would not take a drastic change to get a YES result.

The YES voters are easy to spot though. They're all in pity party circles with the bitter beer faces!

The YES voters are easy to spot though. They're all in pity party circles with the bitter beer faces!

You left out the brown stain in the rear of their pants caused by fear, and the mechanical failure of their air/$hit seperator.

I can easliy understand the omission though, it is rather disgusting.

I am glad that you are finally coming around. It is rather obvious that someone needs to get us a better contract, because the TWU failed to participate in the last vote. Why would any no voter require a T-Shirt? That is a TWU tactic when they lose. That is why there have been so many TWU T-Shirts over the years. HSS HSS We will Strike if Provoked! I mean HSS HSS We will Strake if Provoked!

I thought this thread is about the non-union agents?

Arent there enough threads discussing the rest?

Reactions: 1 person
The thread title should read "Judge rules against union and in favor of agents"
Again, the CWA has tried to hold elections before without success like the AFA at Delta and people don't want their representation.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
One question you may ask is why hasn't AA requested term sheets on executives, management, and salary?
B) xUT

While I understand what you're really saying, management is a lot smaller group of people than the three big unions that were offered term sheets represent. Management, especially at the VP and above level, tend to have individualized contracts - there's really no need for term sheets like there is when you're talking about and addressing groups with thousands of employees each.

Jim

While I understand what you're really saying, management is a lot smaller group of people than the three big unions that were offered term sheets represent. Management, especially at the VP and above level, tend to have individualized contracts - there's really no need for term sheets like there is when you're talking about and addressing groups with thousands of employees each.

Jim

Not so much individual contracts until you get to the VP's...

The officers and managing directors took greater than term sheet hits with the loss of variable comp for the past two years and the loss of their stock option values. That's 40-70% of their salary at the highest levels. I'm not losing sleep over what they lost, but it's still a pretty large pay cut.

The other factor is that the axe has been swinging regularly within management. They don't need court approval to start cutting heads, nor are there any workrules to deal with.

Today, AMR Eagle cut some 40 managers and analysts at HDQ, and about 100 management/supervisory heads in the field. Changes (i.e. layoffs) at the MD level 7/8 are supposed to hit in the next two weeks on the AA side.

Not so much individual contracts until you get to the VP's...

The officers and managing directors took greater than term sheet hits with the loss of variable comp for the past two years and the loss of their stock option values. That's 40-70% of their salary at the highest levels. I'm not losing sleep over what they lost, but it's still a pretty large pay cut.

The other factor is that the axe has been swinging regularly within management. They don't need court approval to start cutting heads, nor are there any workrules to deal with.

Today, AMR Eagle cut some 40 managers and analysts at HDQ, and about 100 management/supervisory heads in the field. Changes (i.e. layoffs) at the MD level 7/8 are supposed to hit in the next two weeks on the AA side.

I think some already have..I hear LAX has a new director who was a level 8 Regional Manager now "demoted" in a way to a focus city manager. LAX guy is going to MIA or something...