AA and US merger?

Apr 11, 2010
Well look like US and AA have a strong chance of becoming one....
There is allot of rumor out there.........and I wish AA the best of LUCK....hopefully when AA come out of this merger....they will become stronger with a partner...to compete with the giant DL and UA.....

Wonder how many employees AA would be furlough before merging with US? What will be outsources? Any though?

AMR Corp. 's bankruptcy filing has paved the runway for speculation about a possible a merger between American Airlines and US Airways Group Inc. , Bloomberg Businessweek reports.

Such a union could help the two carriers become more competitive in terms of size and costs, analysts said.

A spokeswoman for American Airlines said the company doesn’t “comment on rumors.”

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/blog/morning_call/2011/11/analysts-predict-liftoff-for-american.html?ana=yfcpc

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/morning_call/2011/11/amr-bankruptcy-may-lead-to-merger-with.html?ana=yfcpc

In the past seven years, Parker has bid for four airlines, three of which were in bankruptcy. In 2004, as CEO of America West, he bid for bankrupt ATA. In 2005, he oversaw a merger with bankrupt US Airways.

In 2006, he bid for bankrupt Delta>(DAL_). In 2008, he sought a merger with United(UAL_), following a course set by predecessor Steven Wolf, who pursued United in 2000.

Now, in every corner of the airline industry, speculation abounds that Parker will make a move on American in bankruptcy court.

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/story/11327010/1/why-us-airways-wants-a-deal-with-american.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

Reactions: 1 person
While I personally would prefer that AA/US would not merge
I believe that there is a strong chance that it might happen.

I heard a rumor that golden monkeys were going to fly out of my dog's arse this morning. All I've seen so far are turds.

Reactions: 4 people
Good God another US merger thread! Its as much a wet dream as the UAL DAL and NWA ones were.

You could be right about that. Who knows? One thing we do know is that AA is in Chapter 11, and that today you aren't the same company you were 48 hours ago. Your fate is in the hands of a judge. Mr. Horton is the judge's lieutenant and you are the infantry. You march to the general's orders now. You really need to grab hold of your new reality now. You, I, none of us knows what's going to happen in the future, and with that said I wish you the very best because I've been there.

I heard a rumor that golden monkeys were going to fly out of my dog's arse this morning. All I've seen so far are turds.

I heard the TWU filed a lawsuit against AA for blaming labor for the current demise.
Turns out, one of those turds knocked the paperwork out of the lawyers hands and the wind swept it away.

Good God another US merger thread! Its as much a wet dream as the UAL DAL and NWA ones were.

HaHa - HHHAAAAAHHHAAAHHAAAAAA - Look, the fat girl is telling the skinny girl how to eat... ahhhhh haaaaaah haaaaaaaaaa - I think I am going to piss my pants laughing so hard.

HaHa - HHHAAAAAHHHAAAHHAAAAAA - Look, the fat girl is telling the skinny girl how to eat... ahhhhh haaaaaah haaaaaaaaaa - I think I am going to piss my pants laughing so hard.
I don't know what you guy think but it sound they talking...

"Ray Neidl, an analyst with Maxim Group LLC, said US Airways would also add bring more aggressive management to the combined company, "which American would need to regain its proper place in the industry."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/American-bulk-US-Airways-apf-3248294088.html?x=0

<_< ------ Great, a US/AA merger/buyout!------ And what about "seniority"? Hell, USair hasn't even got the American West thing straightened out. Yet alone taking on another "partner"!

AMR has 2 airlines under its belt, AA/AE. That's a lot of headaches for one company to handle. This BK filing brought two airlines in and may only yield ONE on the way out. It's possible AMR may merge both in BK leaving only one stronger more competitive AAirline. They wouldn't need a US merger if they come out lean and strong. They would be just fine as a stand alone if they do this right. Especially if they get 12-15% ASM's in BK. They'll let other airlines feed the restructured AA mainline network, leaving no need for AE.

<_< ------ Great, a US/AA merger/buyout!------ And what about "seniority"? Hell, USair hasn't even got the American West thing straightened out. Yet alone taking on another "partner"!
But AA is the King of merger seniority... Remember TWA???? Put them on the bottom.... then out on the street...??? REMEMBER????
At least that did not happen w/ the AWA/US merger... they all still have a job... and not in the food stamp lines.. out on the street...
so don't think that AA is such a great asset... they don't play fair.

flightMonkeys_logo1.jpg
flightMonkeys_logo1.jpg
flightMonkeys_logo1.jpg

I don't know what you guy think but it sound they talking...

"Ray Neidl, an analyst with Maxim Group LLC, said US Airways would also add bring more aggressive management to the combined company, "which American would need to regain its proper place in the industry."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/American-bulk-US-Airways-apf-3248294088.html?x=0

Uh, no. It doesn't sound like they're talking. Doug might be talking to Ray, and Ray will talk to any reporter who calls, but I think that's about it.

Henry's comment is spot on. There's nothing new that US would bring to the table for AA. Right now, I suspect US gets more benefit from alliance traffic off of UA & Star Alliance than they'd get by merging with AA and coming over to oneworld (I don't see where DOJ would allow that much concentration in Star Alliance, and US isn't part of the ATI JV's)

Industry consolidation resulting in fewer planes in the sky .... that's what its all about now. A bad thing if you don't make the cut .... but a good thing if you do. As pricing power returns labor will be able to forge better deals in future contracts ... once it plays out.

Latest posts