AA and US merger?

Time will tell.

Agree.... everyone liked to "dis" our pay vs AAs..Well 2003 brought you all back in line with ours (with the exception of overtime). I doubt if actual salary will take much of a hit. I'm guessing changes to defined benefit, cross utilization at the very least for reserves, higher flying requirements. Working 12 months, for 11 months pay for 13 months of flight time.

This whole situation begs to ask, "now that the writing is on the wall, how many f/as have left to join "stronger" airlines?" It is a different situation when you're faced with a bk and you realize how much you have invested in the company. I'm thinking many/most will not bail on their job with AA. I was having a discussion with a f/a re: bk and she said, "ours is different". I agree. Ours were "pre-pac", in and out, all contracts/contracts agreed upon before filing...much nicer and you knew what was coming. This is worse..the unknown. It is what it is and you all will survive.

Reactions: 1 person
Agree.... everyone liked to "dis" our pay vs AAs..Well 2003 brought you all back in line with ours (with the exception of overtime). I doubt if actual salary will take much of a hit. I'm guessing changes to defined benefit, cross utilization at the very least for reserves, higher flying requirements. Working 12 months, for 11 months pay for 13 months of flight time.

This whole situation begs to ask, "now that the writing is on the wall, how many f/as have left to join "stronger" airlines?" It is a different situation when you're faced with a bk and you realize how much you have invested in the company. I'm thinking many/most will not bail on their job with AA. I was having a discussion with a f/a re: bk and she said, "ours is different". I agree. Ours were "pre-pac", in and out, all contracts/contracts agreed upon before filing...much nicer and you knew what was coming. This is worse..the unknown. It is what it is and you all will survive.
With AA going into BK with 4Bin cash and not needing outside funds, I'm hopeful this will not be like any other airline BK. Having all 3 unions on the creditors committee is also a good sign. I'm sure we'll take big cuts and see big layoffs in all work groups but I'm ready to get the company back where it used to be. Industry leader!!

Having all 3 unions on the creditors committee is also a good sign.

Yes and no. 3 of the 9 votes on the creditor's committee won't control any votes, but since reductions in benefits will constitute unsecured debt the 3 unions will probably end up being the biggest unsecured creditors besides the PBGC so can maybe negotiate more new post-bankruptcy AA stock for the concessions you'll undoubtedly face.

Jim

Reactions: 1 person
I'm too lazy to look, but I'd bet that the unions were members of the creditors' committees at UA, US, DL and NW as well, for the reasons mentioned by BoeingBoy. There's nothing special about their membership on the committee in AA's bankruptcy.

I'm too lazy to look, but I'd bet that the unions were members of the creditors' committees at UA, US, DL and NW as well, for the reasons mentioned by BoeingBoy. There's nothing special about their membership on the committee in AA's bankruptcy.
You are correct!!!! JK...