AA and US merger?

MAARK767 wrote:
Keep in mind, all three of American’s unions were appointed to the unsecured creditors committee. Any plan of reorganization by a party other than AA will have to convince the committee their plan is better for all stakeholders. Given the messy labor situation that remains at US – six years after its merger with America West – I sincerely doubt anyone would find a US bid credible… especially American’s unionized workforce.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyone ever stop to consider that the labor flap at US is going to be the reason the company gets purchased by AA for a song. I can't speak for the pilot situation other than to say that it is going to be decided in the courts probably. The F/A's are said to be real close to agreement and every other group has a new contract. The large amount of employees at AA pretty much assures they will call most of the shots about an integration policy with the exception of seniority. But all of these issues can be resolved under supervision of the labor mediation boards and BK court. As dysfunctional as US may seem to you it is not having as many problems as you think. A merger would require a nice long multi year fence around bases and language in contracts as to how and when integration occurs...that's all. So, let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. There is alot of value to a combination.

If I were you I wouldn't get my hopes up about what the big announcement on the 9th portends. As the BK process begins in ernest a big announcement will occur frequently and never anything good will come out of it for the employees, trust me on this.

MAARK767 wrote:
Keep in mind, all three of American’s unions were appointed to the unsecured creditors committee. Any plan of reorganization by a party other than AA will have to convince the committee their plan is better for all stakeholders. Given the messy labor situation that remains at US – six years after its merger with America West – I sincerely doubt anyone would find a US bid credible… especially American’s unionized workforce.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyone ever stop to consider that the labor flap at US is going to be the reason the company gets purchased by AA for a song. I can't speak for the pilot situation other than to say that it is going to be decided in the courts probably. The F/A's are said to be real close to agreement and every other group has a new contract. The large amount of employees at AA pretty much assures they will call most of the shots about an integration policy with the exception of seniority. But all of these issues can be resolved under supervision of the labor mediation boards and BK court. As dysfunctional as US may seem to you it is not having as many problems as you think. A merger would require a nice long multi year fence around bases and language in contracts as to how and when integration occurs...that's all. So, let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. There is alot of value to a combination.

If I were you I wouldn't get my hopes up about what the big announcement on the 9th portends. As the BK process begins in ernest a big announcement will occur frequently and never anything good will come out of it for the employees, trust me on this.
I highly doubt AA would purchase US. It's more like US buying AA and Parker running the show. I hope we (AA) will be brought up to US pay and work rules.

I heard a rumor that golden monkeys were going to fly out of my dog's arse this morning. All I've seen so far are turds.
NO Eolesen IT'S TRUE!! I have one of those dogs and last nite sure enough out came a golden monkey, but you can't give one of those suckers away........... everyone wants the goose that laid the golden egg!

I'm thinking it's AAs business plan. Might include a merger in the plan.

Maybe a merger, I recall on Nov, 29 when the AA BK was annouced, Crandall was intervied on CNBC that morning about 11:00am as was Bethune shortly after. Anyway, Crandall was asked about a merger with US and he said there is only one synergy that may be merged and AA would be the purchaser. Bethune later said what he has stated in interviews, that yes you may see US attempt a merger and nothing more on that topic.

I wonder if the one synergy is what AA was trying to get the APA to alow/scope out.

I highly doubt AA would purchase US. It's more like US buying AA and Parker running the show. I hope we (AA) will be brought up to US pay and work rules.

What! Wait. Our (US) pay scales are on the floor and some of those inflexible work rules we have...

We shall see what will happen.

What! Wait. Our (US) pay scales are on the floor and some of those inflexible work rules we have...

We shall see what will happen.
I figured that Maark767 was joking, since US payscales are at or near the bottom and that's no state secret. Either that or he was talking about AA's post-bankruptcy wages, which may very well be below that of US by time it's all over.

I figured that Maark767 was joking, since US payscales are at or near the bottom and that's no state secret. Either that or he was talking about AA's post-bankruptcy wages, which may very well be below that of US by time it's all over.
I was referring to US getting a raise once they settle their contract. I'm hearing a nice raise is insight for them. It would be nice to get that raise too once we get out of BK.

I was referring to US getting a raise once they settle their contract. I'm hearing a nice raise is insight for them. It would be nice to get that raise too once we get out of BK.
:lol: ------- There's always a Joker in the crowd!!!------Dreamer!!!

:lol: ------- There's always a Joker in the crowd!!!------Dreamer!!!
Well we keep hearing Parker is going to take over AA..... If thats the case, wouldn't we (AA) get brought up to US pay scale? Im sure US would not be brought down to ours. Im just sayin.

US cust svc pay is finally back to what it was in 2001 (bk2) 21.14 p/h plus shift diff etc. Now the new negotiations start.

Well we keep hearing Parker is going to take over AA..... If thats the case, wouldn't we (AA) get brought up to US pay scale? Im sure US would not be brought down to ours. Im just sayin.
Hate to say it, but the wages and bennies at US may look good in comparison to what AA forces upon their employees in BK.