Jumpseat agreement reached between AA and JetBlue

I meant to say 1000+ <_<

I've taken up the offer and made the visits during recurrent training.

Lucky me, nothing going on at the time of my visits. All those people did in S.O.C. was sit around with their feet up on the desks, just like we do in cruise when the FA's come up :p

I have a recurrent during winter this year. Maybe I'll get to witness them dealing with a full blown midwest or eastcoast snowstorm and get a real grasp of what they deal with :shock:

Commission earnings on that had to be weak.

Try a TIP cup on the cart or panhandling curbside at SAN in between flights next time, then we would be talking about real money. :blink:

Well,This is a great thing.
While I heard it was driven by Jetblue threatening to stop the open jumpseat policy for FA’s, I am glad to see the company do the common sense thing.
Hopefully this will drive a change in whole the industry for commuting flight attendants, the same way Delta changed the whole nonrev world when they offered free nonrev travel for employees. Believe me if that had not happened, we would all still be paying D2 coach charges .
It is really a bunch of bull that 5 or 6 pilots are commuting to work for free in the back of a plane, while a flight attendant is making the same commute paying $50 to $100 on a zed fare an ID90

It is really a bunch of bull that 5 or 6 pilots are commuting to work for free in the back of a plane, while a flight attendant is making the same commute paying $50 to $100 on a zed fare an ID90

You get exactly what you negotiate for.

The pilots paid for their jumpseats in the 1991 negotiations.