F/A UA/US Reciprocal Jumpseating

This reminds me of a situation that happened a few days ago on NW. A US flight attendant was trying to fly DCA-MSP and, according to the gate agent, was insisting she could sit in a NW jumpseat. No one at NW had ever heard of such a policy. They mentioned that this couldn't work as US has planes NW does not have (e.g., 737s) and vice versa (e.g., DC-9s).

At any rate, I saw first hand how one F/A presumbaly "making stuff up" irritated six employees of another carrier.

This reminds me of a situation that happened a few days ago on NW. A US flight attendant was trying to fly DCA-MSP and, according to the gate agent, was insisting she could sit in a NW jumpseat. No one at NW had ever heard of such a policy. They mentioned that this couldn't work as US has planes NW does not have (e.g., 737s) and vice versa (e.g., DC-9s).

At any rate, I saw first hand how one F/A presumbaly "making stuff up" irritated six employees of another carrier.
and, of course, you corrected the situation, right? Stepped right up and spoke for what you knew to be correct, right?

Or, you just hid in a corner like a slug, crying that the "conflict" would go away, like most other US employees.

Sir, you are likely the actual reason US is heading to the dumper. IMHO.
If you do not write up and demand action for the fa that masturbates in a hotel lobby at 3am, naked and gets to go to a hospital, or a pilot who refuses to land when a doctor on board says to, or refuses to say "stop" when management threatens a very sick crew-member with termination if she calls in sick, then, you, indeed, are the problem.

See how that works?

and, of course, you corrected the situation, right? Stepped right up and spoke for what you knew to be correct, right?

Or, you just hid in a corner like a slug, crying that the "conflict" would go away, like most other US employees.

I don't work for US. I'm a VFF who flies US and NW often. I was sitting in Row 1 and overheard the conversation. The NW employees were speaking at normal voice levels.

I don't work for US. I'm a VFF who flies US and NW often. I was sitting in Row 1 and overheard the conversation. The NW employees were speaking at normal voice levels.
My apologies for presumptions beyond the pale.

Recently, I have heard so many crew-member complaints, yet several days later, they seem okay with activities that should result in terminations.

It seems a southern thang. Whine but do nothing about it. Sorry.

i think these agreements should be available to all airline employees. i know in maint. we have displaced people commuting to work away from their home.

These are cabin agreements. Most of which can only be used if there would be an extra jumpseat on the aircraft.
Most airlines do not allow anyone except for flight attendants to occupy a jumpseat, therefore these agreements cannot be offered to all airline employees.

Also, generally only flight attendants and pilots commute. You do have some other groups commuting do to base closures and such. It is not the norm.

These are cabin agreements. Most of which can only be used if there would be an extra jumpseat on the aircraft.
Most airlines do not allow anyone except for flight attendants to occupy a jumpseat, therefore these agreements cannot be offered to all airline employees.

Also, generally only flight attendants and pilots commute. You do have some other groups commuting do to base closures and such. It is not the norm.
twice.....i do not see JUMPSEAT mentioned anywhere in this agreement. also, what is the NORM in this industry anymore. i just think anyone that needs to "commute" should have access to all options. as you said "these are cabin agreements".
P.S. i (as a mech.) commuted for years. we used to have access to cockpit jumpseat.

Mr. Blockholder States ------> Priority DOH FCFS should be given to those that used to be based in PIT.

only Stating opinnions.
Poor guys from Pit did not know that every other base closed years before PIT....

and now they are crying the blues....
:eek:

PS..

there will be more...

let's hope its not DCA for the third time....

now all we need is continental and airtran

I have personally been trying for 2 years to get CO management to enter a type of agreement with ANY carrier and they simply refuse, and the bulls :censored: t excuse they give me is that its a security issue. Thats alot of crap. If someone can help with this issue I would really really would appreciate it.

from what i read it's ECONOMY CABIN SEATING.....not jumpseat

Hey its better than nothing! We at CO have nothing!

right....then it should be offered to ALL airline employees that need to "commute"

I agree 100% :up:

:up:
Mr. Blockholder States ------> Priority DOH FCFS should be given to those that used to be based in PIT.

only Stating opinnions.

In addition, FCFS seating priority will be superceded and replaced with DOH by a F/A, if that said F/A has just completed a FCO, ATH, ARN, VCE, MXP or any Interantional Pairing paying more that 17:00 in which case they are to be given PRIORITY over all non-revenue passengers and shall be assured 1(one) full-sized overhead bin to accomodate the 4 bags they MUST HAVE with them at all times!! :lol: Note to agents, doublecheck the identity of said F/A by making sure their AARP card is at least10(ten) years old!
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

In addition, FCFS seating priority will be superceded and replaced with DOH by a F/A, if that said F/A has just completed a FCO, ATH, ARN, VCE, MXP or any Interantional Pairing paying more that 17:00 in which case they are to be given PRIORITY over all non-revenue passengers and shall be assured 1(one) full-sized overhead bin to accomodate the 4 bags they MUST HAVE with them at all times!! :lol: Note to agents, doublecheck the identity of said F/A by making sure their AARP card is at least10(ten) years old!
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

COMMUTERS FROM PIT SHOULD BE GIVEN EVERYTHING AT ALL TIMES AS THEY ARE SPECIAL BY VIRTUE OF THEIR BURGHERNESS!!!
:lol:

now as a now junior pit commuter (89) i must say that is so funny. i just try to hide when these intl girls come rolling up to d3 in phl and play that game. how sad but funny