Just A Few More Day's, Till Memorial Day.

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Eleven days from today, we, as a nation will pause to remember our service men and women, who have made the ULTIMATE sacrifice, or have been wounded in the line of duty, defending the good ol' USA.

Sadly(on that day) AA and the TWU("SAME THING"), DO NOT consider that SPECIAL day, to be a holiday.(For pay purposes)

So, why EVERYONE is at work that day, look upon the nearest American Flag(on AA property, + AA a/c), and realize "how MUCH" AA/TWU think about that special day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While the TWU was VOLUNTARILY "taking it in the shorts", they could have, just for a brief moment, told AA, "OK, OK, we'll give you everything that you ask for EXCEPT MEMORIAL DAY" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much less $$$$$ would the total concession package have been, if the TWU "HAD" fought for ONLY 6 paid holidays, instead of 5 ???

Miniscule, most likely.

"TWU, of all the things you GAVE AWAY, the Memorial day holiday, WAS the LOWEST thing you could have done, and you ought to be ASHAMED of yourselves" !!!!!!!!!!

(IF, that is possible)

NH/BB's

NH/BB, I had to laugh at an article that I read last year in the newspaper (I wish I would have kept it for posting). Anyway it was how our TWU came to the aid of some elementary school students that were going to have to go to school on Memorial Day. According to the article, there was going to be school on that day to make up for a "snow day" that they missed during the regular school year. I can only assume that someone in the TWU had a child going to that school and it was going to mess up the familys activities if they attended. TWU representatives went to the school and raised hell with them until they decided to cancel the make-up day and reschedule it for later in the year. TWU boasted in the article how they went to the defence of the students, and "who in their right mind" would have anyone going to school on a holiday. Thank-you TWU for giving away my holiday. Also thank-you for posting a letter on the bulliten board reminding me that the American Flag will be at half mast and I will be allowed 1 minute during work hours to pay my respect to our fallen heros. You guys are the best!

Well lets not forget that not only did the twu give away Memorial Day as a holiday but since the twu feels it is not a legal holday that there will be a membership meeting on this day as well. So if you want to know who is being nominated for offices this time around you have to give up even more time from your family.

I talked with several e-board members about this and their own words was that this was not a legal holiday anymore, I said excuse me but the twu does not determine what a legal holiday is the Federal Government does. Just because it is no longer a paid holiday does not mean it's no longer a legal holiday.

Article III (b ) twu local 514 by-laws
(b ) The regular monthly membership meeting shall be held on the last Monday of each month, however, in the event the last Monday of the month falls on a legal holiday, or a holiday weekend, the President shall (subject to the approval of the Executive Board) set another date for the regular membership meeting.

Classic example of the twu just running amok, don't even follow thier own by-laws.

As a veteran, who comes from a family of military service, working this Memorial holiday infuriates me beyond description.

Of anything the twu gave away, its the most insulting.

Very soon, we will be playing "taps" for the twu.

THE twu IS OUT THE DOOR IN 04!!!!

Call the international on Monday and I guarantee you no one answers. Why?
Because those bums honor the holiday and get the day off with pay. They gave you the greatest concessionary package in the history of Aviation. So enjoy your holiday just like the international will except most of you will be working.
Now repeat after me "Thank you sir may I have another"
A vote for the AMFA is a vote for the AMT. A vote for the twu is a vote for AA and more concessions BOHICA :shock: