Just 'a Game'

Ms Tree

Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Looking relaxed and sometimes smiling, Vangheluwe described the sexual abuse as no more than "a little piece of intimacy." While he claimed to recognize that he had done wrong and said he often went to confession about it, Vangheluwe played down his actions. "I had the strong impression that my nephew didn't mind at all. On the contrary. It was not brutal sex. I never used bodily, physical violence," he said. The abuse of his first nephew, in the 1970s and '80s, he said, "started as, I would call it, a game." At the time, the boy was just 5, and the abuse would last 13 years. The abuse of the second nephew, he said, was "merely over a year." Despite this, Vangheluwe insisted, "I don't have the impression at all that I am a pedophile." Following the interview, the first nephew said through his lawyer that he did not want to comment; the identity of the second nephew is not yet known.

The SOB has sex with a 5 yr old and does not think he is a pedophile? Are you freaking serious? I wonder if the Vatican is ever going to step up the plate, condemn the SOB, strip him of every thing they can and actually say that if anyone is so much as caught looking wrong at a child they will be kicked out of the Church and turned in to the local authorities.

Evey time I turn around there is another priest or Bishop caught screwing little kids. How does someone do something that vile to the most innocent of our society. How do you do that and then go out in front of people telling them how to lead a moral and just life? How depraved do you have to be to do that?

As far as I am concerned, anyone who contributes to the RC is guilty of supporting a morally bankrupt institution.

Latest posts

Back