Just A Note To Say Hi

TheLazarusman

Advanced
Sep 10, 2004
DFW
Visit site
I just wanted to drop in and say hello. My dad worked for American for forty years before retiring. When I was growing up I always wanted to work for your wonderful airline. When I got old enough to do so I wasn't able to because of the Nepotism Law. By the time American repealed the Nepotism Law I was already working for Piedmont Airlines. As everyone knows, Piedmont was bought by USAir and USAir became USAirways. And now it looks like USAirways will soon be a thing of the past. Such is life. But American still is, and will always be number one in my heart. Keep 'Doing What You Do Best' and 'Being Something Special In The Air." To all my friends at American Airlines, I love you guys. And, howdy!!!! You'll always be number one to me. :D

Reactions: 1 person
TheLazarusman said:
I just wanted to drop in and say hello. My dad worked for American for forty years before retiring. When I was growing up I always wanted to work for your wonderful airline. When I got old enough to do so I wasn't able to because of the Nepotism Law. By the time American repealed the Nepotism Law I was already working for Piedmont Airlines. As everyone knows, Piedmont was bought by USAir and USAir became USAirways. And now it looks like USAirways will soon be a thing of the past. Such is life. But American still is, and will always be number one in my heart. Keep 'Doing What You Do Best' and 'Being Something Special In The Air." To all my friends at American Airlines, I love you guys. And, howdy!!!! You'll always be number one to me. :D
[post="189398"][/post]​

Hey Lazarusman - I wouldn't give up on USAirways yet! Fat lady hasn't sung yet. As you name indicates - your airline may rise again!

lazarusman, i would just like to say thanks for keeping AA close to your heart and wish the very best to all at USAIR. it's a sobering event taking place at all the legacy carriers to say the least and AA is certainly not out of the woods. i also have shared the uncertainty of a once proud airline being close to dieing (CONTINENTAL) but was able to rise from the ashes, so we know its possible but not without changes!........good luck

Thanks. By the way, ya'll wouldn't want to talk to the powers that be and see if they want to buy a used airline; cheap! I might get a chance to work for the number one airline in the world yet. I love that big blue eagle! Take care.

:shock: WOW! :shock: That was a nice post. People usually only post things that they DO NOT like on the AA board.

Thanks for my day starter.

PS. Good luck to US Airways, have a friend thats been there 19 years. Keep the faith.

PSS. AA will not be purchasing anything anytime soon. They really, really should NEVER purchase another airline....EVER...Just planes and infrastructure. (PLEASE HEAR ME WHOEVER MAKES THOSE DECISIONS!.)

Latest posts