Looking forward to an integration

hula-flyguy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2005
Though none of us had a say in the merger of American Airlines and USAirways, it has never the less happened. Some folks on both sides are excited about this merger, and some not so much. As a 34 year employee of USAirways I want whatever is best for the company. Apparently those of a higher pay grade felt that the merger is the way to go. I look forward to working side by side with my new coworkers. Hopefully there wont be any "We always did it this way" (I know it's a pipe dream). We need to embrace change and try new ways of doing things. Maybe the new ways wont be better, but we have to atleast give them a try. If we go back to whoevers old ways, then so be it....but we have to explore change. Please don't judge all employees of USAirways based on a handful of malcontents who post on these sites. As you see, maybe 10 out of 34000 (give or take) actually post negatively on this board. 10 may be a little low of a guess, but not by much. While I am sad to say goodbye to Allegheny, USAir, and USAirways, it is only from a sentimental point of view. I look forward to being an employee of American Airlines and will be proud to say I work for American Airlines. Wishing us all the very best.....Hula

I agree also, nice post...
Since I've been down this road myself 3 times already, I know how destructive fighting with each other can be. With PI/US it was the North vs South, now with HP/US its the East vs the West. Hopefully by now there have been enough lessons learned to avoid going the same route again.
And despite our differences in the past AAviator, welcome aboard our new venture.

I agree also, nice post...
Since I've been down this road myself 3 times already, I know how destructive fighting with each other can be. With PI/US it was the North vs South, now with HP/US its the East vs the West. Hopefully by now there have been enough lessons learned to avoid going the same route again.
And despite our differences in the past AAviator, welcome aboard our new venture.

Agreed, thank you and here's to making this work..
Cheers.

When we at SWA merged / acquired Airtran, a lot of outsiders came onto our forum and tried to start fights or keep them going between us.

Integration is hard enough to get through without outside negative forces.

I for one will not be doing that and hope you guys can work things out as smoothly as possible.

Good luck..

I totally agree hula-fly. I think the context under which the carriers are coming together will make a big difference in the success of integration. Both sides more or less see the opportunities to improve themselves over their respective current situations by coming together. The media often calls it a "marriage", and I think this is accurate because it really is the coming together of two different families. We are by nature of the work we do creatures of habit, and how and where we do our jobs become valued parts of our identity that, when they are about to change, can leave some feeling threatened and hostile.

AA and US as they are now are things to be overcome. I think most realize this by now. Already looking forward to the uniform change...

I'm in! In my station our ticket counters are across from each other and we are in the same terminal so we already know some of the other team (at least those of us who are dinosaurs) and at least have a business relationship already. Hopefully the friendliness will continue. None of us had a say in this, but we're all in it together now. I hope we can make it work and can't wait to see what lies ahead!

Though none of us had a say in the merger of American Airlines and USAirways, it has never the less happened. Some folks on both sides are excited about this merger, and some not so much. As a 34 year employee of USAirways I want whatever is best for the company. Apparently those of a higher pay grade felt that the merger is the way to go. I look forward to working side by side with my new coworkers. Hopefully there wont be any "We always did it this way" (I know it's a pipe dream). We need to embrace change and try new ways of doing things. Maybe the new ways wont be better, but we have to atleast give them a try. If we go back to whoevers old ways, then so be it....but we have to explore change. Please don't judge all employees of USAirways based on a handful of malcontents who post on these sites. As you see, maybe 10 out of 34000 (give or take) actually post negatively on this board. 10 may be a little low of a guess, but not by much. While I am sad to say goodbye to Allegheny, USAir, and USAirways, it is only from a sentimental point of view. I look forward to being an employee of American Airlines and will be proud to say I work for American Airlines. Wishing us all the very best.....Hula

Well said!!!!!!

I agree 100%!I'm hopeful, DP will run this place better then our past execs and make an airline out if AA again.I pray he will fix this disaster of a medical plan we got socked with first!I look forward to working with my new US coworkers.Above all, as 1 group we need to get together and stick together .Only then can we accomplish anything.

Ditto to above sentiments. However, let's all keep in mind that this is going to take time--probably more than we or management think it will take. Single carrier certificate DOES NOT a merger complete. I was told the other day that neither the DL/NW nor the UA/CO merger has reached the point of cross-utilization of crews yet. They both have single seniority lists, but PMDL crewmembers fly only with other PMDL crewmembers, etc.

Back