Justice Antonin Scalia found dead

not surprising maybe only Pelosi compares on the pos scale with Reid. He's a full fledged douchebag

Reactions: 3 people
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/03/16/3760775/republicans-backed-merrick-garland-1997/

Six Quotes From Senate Republicans About Merrick Garland That Are Really Awkward Now
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT)

“Merrick B. Garland is highly qualified to sit on the D.C. circuit. His intelligence and his scholarship cannot be questioned… His legal experience is equally impressive… Accordingly, I believe Mr. Garland is a fine nominee. I know him personally, I know of his integrity, I know of his legal ability, I know of his honesty, I know of his acumen, and he belongs on the court. I believe he is not only a fine nominee, but is as good as Republicans can expect from this administration. In fact, I would place him at the top of the list.”

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA)

“I have nothing against the nominee. Mr. Garland seems to be well qualified and would probably make a good judge — in some other court.”

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL)

“He has a high position with the Department of Justice and, by all accounts, does a good job there. There will be a number of judgeship vacancies in the D.C. trial judges. He has been a trial lawyer. He would be a good person to fill one of those. I would feel comfortable supporting him for another judgeship.”

Then-Sen. Jon Kyl (R-AZ)

“I believe Mr. Garland is well qualified for the court of appeals. He earned degrees from Harvard College and Harvard Law School and clerked for Judge Friendly on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and for Justice Brennan on the Supreme Court and, since 1993, he has worked for the Department of Justice. So there is no question, he is qualified to serve on the court.”

Then-Sen. Strom Thurmond (R-SC)

“I have no reservations about Mr. Garland’s qualifications or character to serve in this capacity. He had an excellent academic record at both Harvard College and Harvard Law School before serving as a law clerk on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court. Also, he has served in distinguished positions in private law practice and with the Department of Justice. Moreover, I have no doubt that Mr. Garland is a man of character and integrity.”

Then-Sen. Conrad Burns (R-MT)

“[T]he nominee has the character and is highly qualified for the position.”

12923365_10153373413820493_3068442829810299813_n.jpg

of course it didnt the unions just won a decision they would have lost previously

what's really funny is him quoting Reagan of all people when he comes across something he can attempt to use to fit his narrative

Reactions: 1 person
cltrat said:
of course it didnt the unions just won a decision they would have lost previously

what's really funny is him quoting Reagan of all people when he comes across something he can attempt to use to fit his narrative

They have a case of bipolar when it comes to Reagan. They hate him because of "trickle down" blah blah then love him because of something else, then hate him, etc....

lol

delldude said:

You should be celebrating, several crucial decisions before this court may go 4-4 and be upheld.

But that probably never entered your mind.

You have to remember that he graduated from the school of unionistas  "William S. Whipsinger School of Unionism"
Razzle Dazzle classes are mandatory.
Class topic "Try not to lie too much", "The art of deception", "How to make a truth into a lie"... :p

HOLA!
B) xUT

Reactions: 1 person