Lakefield August 19 Letter

So Dr B IS frustrated????

whoooo Nellie!!!

News flash!

The employees are still pissed off pretty much WITH THE MILLIONS THE EX's_ LEFT WITH>>

GO AFTER THEM AND TAP INTO THEIR GOLDEN PAARACHUTE!!!!!!!

Get Real...

ENOUGH>>>SO CAN I START COUNTING DOWN MY DAYS AND MAYHAPS MAKE PLANS TO BE AT HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!???????????????

Y'ALL COME BACK now ya Hear?

A revenue problem, eh....

1Q03 Operating Revenue (millions):
US $1,319.4
NW $1,452.3
DL $2,798.1
UA $2,005.0
AA $2,899.0
CO $1,158.2
AL $385.0
Total $12,017.0

1Q04 Operating Revenue (millions):
US $1,428.5
NW $1,769.9
DL $2,940.5
UA $2,422.4
AA $3,033.9
CO $1,275.8
AL $441.1
Total $13,312.0

Source: BTS Airline Financial Data from here

That's an increase of over $1.3 billion year over year.

Jim

Phantom Fixer said:
Whom here didn't see Lakefield putting out a letter to lesson the sting of Bronner's Doom and Gloom press releases? WE have all seen this same thing play out before during the winter of 2003.
[post="170629"][/post]​

I don't think that Lakefield is trying to put out fires. I think they are playing "good cop, bad cop". :angry:

If they are "pals" as Lakefield suggests, then he would never put out a letter like that and risk their personal and business relationship

WELL IT MUST BE NICE FOR Al C the v.p. to make

2 million a year while some of us have to reley on welfare

and soon being jobless.

GET REAL AND TAKE A MAJOR PAYCUT......

THEN MAYBE WE WILL CARE........

vc10 said:
Lakefield has a horrible job. He's got to do the impossible and he's got to do it with a team that someone else selected and which failed the first time around. It's unlikely he enjoys a second of it, and it's a sure bet that if he felt he could, he'd replace a bunch of the executives he inherited. But that's really not an option.

The guy is doing the best he can under very difficult circumstances. That doesn't mean you have to agree with what he's trying to do, but he deserves some credit just for taking the job and for plugging away.
[post="170645"][/post]​

If he has such a hard job and really wants to be a champion with the employees, then why hasn't he come honest and correct and address the disgraceful situation that the employees has been put in? Why doesn't he acknowledge the greedy ways of those jumping with their golden parachutes and show that he is really sorry? Cause he is not sorry!

Why would any decent human being with even a once of compassion ask employees to basically swallow the bitter pill and live in poverty with their families? I take offense to the fact that he wants decent hardworking people to Not put their kids through college, to NOT be able to afford to clothe and feed themselves and families and to live at the poverty line OR below it to save a company that has consistently allowed upper management to "rape" the pockets of those they serve?

That is right... Upper Management serves the smaller employees. They are supposed to be the first to take the axe and slash at the top. But no, God forbid that their kids have to eat PB and J sandwiches for DINNER. Or that their kids have to go to a public school instead of that nice top of the line private school.

They may be able to take the jobs, but they CANNOT take our dignity. I am not ashamed to shout this from the rooftops and to the Heavens above!

NO!! NO!! NO!!!! VOTE NO!!! TELL YOUR UNION NO!!!! EMAIL LAKEFIELD AND TELL HIM NO! EMAIL BRONNER AND TELL HIM NO!

:down: 28 yrs I worked for this company and this guy wants me to believe
that he going to make it work.They threw me out to the dogs only to be replaced by a contrator that pays no benifits and this is how they are going to
show profit ,70000.00 in stock and sick time down the drain.A whole lifetime invested in working for a company that cant manage a simple checkbook,only to be told your out and being replaced by people who have no idea how to run a flight operation.

EVERYDOG GETS ITS DAY AND MANAGEMENT WILL GET THEIRS SOON.
but not soon enough!

Someone tell Lakefield that Glass is still using His tactics in negotiations (even behind the scenes).

The proposals are getting worse, inspite of the unions trying to negotiate contracts that will not devistate their people for the next 8 years. Lakefield promised no threats and consenual agreements. He lied.

If the company is really serious about getting labor agreements, THEN FREGGIN NEGOTIATE PROPOSALS THAT ARE REALISTIC!!!!

PS: Someone mussle Bronner before we have NO PAX bookings in the future!

PitBull:

The company does not care about bookings during these talks because if the company files for bankruptcy and liquidaiton, who cares about bookings?

Respectfully,

USA320pilot

you guys better all wake up and smell the coffee. get your s##t together or you won't be having jobs in the next few months. take it how you want too. this is getting out of hand. employees jobs are at stake. i really shouldn't care cause i left and went back to school. but i do . i care for this company and i care for the employees. i have made many many friends at airways in the 9 yrs i was there. it would be a shame for them to lose their jobs over stubborness. !!!!

USA320Pilot said:
PitBull:

The company does not care about bookings during these talks because if the company files for bankruptcy and liquidaiton, who cares about bookings?

Respectfully,

USA320pilot
[post="170744"][/post]​

USA320,

It has become blatantly obvious that the co. is not focused on the operation of the airline, its product, or its customers.

Thanks for the validation, we finally agree.

Etops1,

FYI... the company has just furnished the second proposal yesterday. The 3 groups of TWU haven't even been approached by the co for concessions, and have no idea what the co. seeks in a cost target.

Whose stalling? And for what purpose? ITs not AFA....

Can't wait for you to see the proposal. You need to keep your second job.

USA320Pilot said:
PitBull:

Respectfully,

USA320pilot
[post="170744"][/post]​

"who cares about bookings?" pretty much says it all. We are doomed. How could bookings not factor in Chapter 11...its the money stupid! Even in C11 it IS important to keep the money coming. You are a lost cause. And you associate yourself with even worse "lost causes." I know, I know....Seagull is your hero! Greeter.

Just a needed piece of info. In the past two days, I have had numerous people who are wanting to pull out of tickets and requesting refunds because of some of the things Dr Boner said. He hurt revenue. Bad publicity equals poors sales. Not that we haven't had enough, but what moron would publicly degrade the employees and sluff them off as a lesson learned. You should hear some of the things the preferred members say about him. If I repeat, I may get sent to the cornfield.

etops1 said:
you guys better all wake up and smell the coffee. get your s##t together or you won't be having jobs in the next few months. take it how you want too. this is getting out of hand. employees jobs are at stake. i really shouldn't care cause i left and went back to school. but i do . i care for this company and i care for the employees. i have made many many friends at airways in the 9 yrs i was there. it would be a shame for them to lose their jobs over stubborness. !!!!
[post="170745"][/post]​

Get a freakin life then. What you call being stubborn I call survival. If I accept the proposal, then I make $7.65 an hour. Try to figure out how I will make less on UE with that figure. Can't do it because I already went through the UE line and survived!!!!!!!!!!! ( And made more than $7.65 an hour) If your friends are the majority and want to concede to poverty wages then they will have no problem because majority rules - right? Ask your friends what they are willing to make versus what the company is asking for. I bet they have higher wages in mind than what management is proposing.

It's noble that you care for you friends and want to see them succeed; however, they are adults and can make their own decisions.

Yep, and if US Airways had America West's costs, then maybe doing the America West thing would work. So maybe management should be trying to get America West's costs. Oh wait, that's right, they ARE trying to get down to America West's costs.

Hmmm, maybe they're not so stupid after all.

funguy2 said:
Wha, Wha, What? Its a revenue problem?

Perhaps a revenue answer is the solution? It seemed to have worked for America West.

Cutting costs at this point, cannot be done by spending less... The only cost cuts that will work now are efficiency based.... Get more bang for your buck. The problem is, US Airways doesn't have any time (or bucks) for these types of cost-cuts to work...

Meanwhile, there is a revenue problem that is not getting addressed, unless you count GoFares, which I do not, as they are a thinly-veiled fare match to LCC competition (i.e. not a reworked revenue management system / fare structure, which may actually increase avaerage fares and/or RASM).
[post="170693"][/post]​

Latest posts