Larry Kelner to step down as CO CEO

We are NOT merging with UAL and by saying that you are basically wishing for one of the healthiest majors to be liquidated. There books were hell over a year ago when our management walked walked away from a merger deal and considering UAL is in a cash crunch. I doubt we would merge with a company that is facing a second Chapter 11, with no money, no DIP, and all of it's assets already mortaged. So unless our new CEO is running on a second grade education, I sincerely doubt we will be merging with anyone BUT Alaska Airlines. That is the only company Continental has expressed interest since the UAL talks. This new guy taking the helm was recruited by Gordon Bethune in 1995 and is much like Mr. Bethune. I think this new man stepping up is exactly what we need. Larry K. was/is much to much of a bean counter.... It takes money to make money.

I agree. CO is too smart to get tied up with UAL. The only partner they have besides the TUS boneyard is... you guessed it... USAIRWAYS. So all you UAL dreamer-types can forget about a deal with CO.

UAL... Come to papa! PHX temp. today... 112

CO will merge/acquire/buy parts of United within a year. Kellner said as long as he was CEO,CO would not be merging with United.Well,LK is leaving at the end of the year and Smisek has been groomed to sit on the egg till Bethune makes his comeback.Gordon's ego is too big(disregard what he said about United being HIV positive a few years ago,he was toasted when he spit that crap out)

CO will merge/acquire/buy parts of United within a year. Kellner said as long as he was CEO,CO would not be merging with United.Well,LK is leaving at the end of the year and Smisek has been groomed to sit on the egg till Bethune makes his comeback.Gordon's ego is too big(disregard what he said about United being HIV positive a few years ago,he was toasted when he spit that crap out)

Well if they were HIV positive a few years ago, now they have full blown AIDS. Gordon Bethune will not be making a come back to Contiental since he is not permitted. I sincerely doubt we would need to merge with a company that is slowly killing itself, and according to analysts, and it's own management, might again end up in Chapter 11. So buying parts of UAL is a great possibility, merging, well if we did, then our management team is as poor as UAL's. BTW J. Smisek has been employed with Continental since 1995, and is since talking the helm because of Larry opting to leave. There was no special grooming. :rolleyes:

UA already destroyed decades of value not to mention thousands of careers.

You think they would've learned something from the demise of PanAm, Eastern and TWA.

Merging in any way with CO would trash another airline. CO is too smart.

I'm reminded of that statement 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer'

UA already destroyed decades of value not to mention thousands of careers.

You think they would've learned something from the demise of PanAm, Eastern and TWA.

Merging in any way with CO would trash another airline. CO is too smart.

I'm reminded of that statement 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer'
Gordon or Brenneman may not be able to come back to CO, but they will find a way to call the new company TW-AM or something like that. I hope I am wrong,but the only thing bigger than a 747 is the ego of airline CEO's.

Latest posts