LCC stock hammered today...

D

delta777

The stock is down over 20% with about 10 minutes before closing. Somewhat weird as there really wasn't any news to speak of with regards to LCC. Seems most airlines were roughly flat or slightly negative (DAL, CAL, AMR, LUV) with the exception of UAUA, which was up a healthy 9%.

http://data.cnbc.com/quotes/lcc

Very strange indeed! Something is going on. Dropping value is not what you would expect from a company that excels at treating employees and customers poorly and is an industry leader in providing uncompetive service levels at the same or higher price. Shocking! Simply, shocking.

Everything is getting hammered this week , stocks are down all over the place , and not just in US markets ....

I expect you'll see our stock price continue to fall as investors begin to fear placing bets on companies that are not essential to society ....

in a very deep and prolonged recession people will not fly as much (i think it's going to be a depression ) .

Everything is getting hammered this week , stocks are down all over the place , and not just in US markets ....

This wasn't about the market in general. It was specifically compared to other airlines. LCCs value was decimated today, while ALL the other airlines took a small hit at worst. It was completly different then our peer airlines. Nothing (that I've seen or heard) was announced today, so there wasn't any news to justify it. For some reason or another the stock value dropped, and the question is why? It's not because of "the market".

Very strange indeed! Something is going on. Dropping value is not what you would expect from a company that excels at treating employees and customers poorly and is an industry leader in providing uncompetive service levels at the same or higher price. Shocking! Simply, shocking.
You are too funny.

I heard flight 743, BCN-PHL cancelled monday with policia called. Anyone know anything?

This oughta be good.

The stock is down over 20% with about 10 minutes before closing. Somewhat weird as there really wasn't any news to speak of with regards to LCC. Seems most airlines were roughly flat or slightly negative (DAL, CAL, AMR, LUV) with the exception of UAUA, which was up a healthy 9%.

All is not running so smooth at the land of "Deltoid" either between the NWA Pilots who want Date of Hire who are older and the younger DL pilots who don't and lost all there older Sr pilots to retirement. Fasten your seatbelt on because you are in for a ride where adults act like 5 year olds not wanting to play in the same sand box.

Well, well, should I be one bit surprised at who started this post?? I thought that Mr. negative (especially about OA) was busy following his OWN Friggen Airline for once. I guess DL stock is bucking the market and skyrocketing thru the roof since you have to focus on LCC instead. Go back to lurking the DL &NW boards already. Strange, but it seems that you keep your mouth shut over there recently. I guess that the big raise they baited you with is keeping you silent. :blink: If all goes as well over there in DL wonderland, you won't have much to say here.

You are too funny.

I heard flight 743, BCN-PHL cancelled monday with policia called. Anyone know anything?

This oughta be good.

Maintainence issues......euro control not accepting revised flight plan for 60 min etops......paxs on a/c for over 4 hours.....1 pax decided to smoke under wing....policia called.

Next day same a/c and pax.....PHL had no gate or drivers for people movers for over an hour.

Not happy people!!!!

Analyst are already expecting a profit for LCC in 2009.
This could be the best time to buy airline stocks since 9-11.

The same U.S. airlines that looked to be goners three months ago when oil reached $147 a barrel now may be headed toward healthy 2009 profits.
Several industry analysts are forecasting 2009 gains instead of big losses for Alaska (ALK), Delta (DAL), Continental (CAL) and US Airways (LCC). Perennial moneymaker Southwest (LUV) could be more profitable.
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/200...e-outlook_N.htm

Better tell that to Wall Street as LCC is down about 5% while the other carriers are up by about that percentage.

That probably explains why US is the only legacy carrier that's down again so far today (by over 7%). AA, CO, DL, NW, and UA are all up, as is WN. Only F9 (in BK) and B6 are in the "down" column with US.

Jim

Did US just announce that it will treat its employees and customers better? The stock is down over 10% right now.

To wrap up with the day's closing prices, NW & UA joined US in the loss column, down 0.61% and 0.93% respectively vs US' 12.11%. CO closed unchanged, while AA, DL, and WN closed up.

Jim

Back