The Tale of Two Business Partners…

There should not be need to go to any other site that charges a fee. If US could charge 5.00 more per booking do you know what that would add up to per day? I'd be willing to bet it would be enough to fix the website and then some. What do you think?

I think that knowing our IT department, the site will not be working properly anytime in the near future, so you better go to Travelocity and Orbitz.

Anyway, US has definitely performed much better than I have expected so far. I wonder if they will hit their Q2 targets with the way the website has been performing... can't make money if you can't sell tickets.

Today is Friday the 9th of June and I was on the website and pretended to book 5 different trips to places around the country and world. HAD NO PROBLEM AT ALL!!

So what's the problem?

Today is Friday the 9th of June and I was on the website and pretended to book 5 different trips to places around the country and world. HAD NO PROBLEM AT ALL!!

So what's the problem?

You are right everything is just fine. Nothing to worry about. BTW did you compare the site to any other airline sites?

You are right everything is just fine. Nothing to worry about. BTW did you compare the site to any other airline sites?

You know, your tone is what pisses me off and others who listen to the constant dribble of whining and complaining and then biitching that we have bad attitudes when we call you on your crap. Well, ENOUGH!! I HAVE gone to other websites and besides being a tad slower, the sites of SWA, UAL, AMR, and CAL are no better when it comes to booking a flight. FIVE TIMES I tested the system and had no problem. I don't know what rock you live under, but I think the new website is MUCH better than the old. Yes, it does need to be faster, but you and the others whining are just that...WHINING!!

I know the elk like you and whindler think we are stupid with no insight to anything beyond US Airways, but MANY of us DO do our homework and MY homework says you are exaggerating . Now you and your buddies go ahead with the typical..."that's whats wrong with...bs and you are ...bs. God I love life. It has alot of choices. The 95% full flights for each trip I worked the last 4 days suggest the sky isn't falling at US Airways and YES, everything is just fine. And that choice includes WHO you fly and WHOSE website you visit. Try UAL before THEY are make in CH 22 and are forced to scale back the services all of you LOVE to rave about. :down: :down:

You guys wouldn't be happy if Jesus Christ ran the airline. GEEZ!! :down: :down:

CCL #1, you are right. I am wrong. So is the Wall St. Journal, US Airways management, and dozens of frequent flyers who have reported problems with the site for the past 2+ weeks. It must have been working perfectly this entire time. In all honesty, I hope the website works, because I would like to see US Airways succeed.

I don't put any thought into thinking anything about anyone on here. I have no preconceived notions about any poster (except perhaps for a couple 'prolific' members). When I respond, it is to respond to posts, not posters.

You know, your tone is what pisses me off and others who listen to the constant dribble of whining and complaining and then biitching that we have bad attitudes when we call you on your crap. Well, ENOUGH!!

Oh no did I make you mad? What was I thinking? I'm so sorry. I promise the next time I choose an airline I will pick US Airways just to make sure you are happy. It will have nothing to do with price, schedule, service, web-site or reservations. If you could give me your phone number the next time I attempt to make such difficult comparisons I will call you and you can explain to me the difference between whining and making an honest assessment. By the way I am biased to choose US Airways because I have worked for them on and off since 1989. The next time my son asks me to choose SWA over US Airways I will explain to him that you said we should stop whining and pick US Airways. Would you like to know why he wants me to choose SWA even though he knows his father worked for U?

Oh no did I make you mad? What was I thinking? I'm so sorry. I promise the next time I choose an airline I will pick US Airways just to make sure you are happy. It will have nothing to do with price, schedule, service, web-site or reservations. If you could give me your phone number the next time I attempt to make such difficult comparisons I will call you and you can explain to me the difference between whining and making an honest assessment. By the way I am biased to choose US Airways because I have worked for them on and off since 1989. The next time my son asks me to choose SWA over US Airways I will explain to him that you said we should stop whining and pick US Airways. Would you like to know why he wants me to choose SWA even though he knows his father worked for U?

I could give a good GD who you choose!!

CCL #1, you are right. I am wrong. So is the Wall St. Journal, US Airways management, and dozens of frequent flyers who have reported problems with the site for the past 2+ weeks. It must have been working perfectly this entire time. In all honesty, I hope the website works, because I would like to see US Airways succeed.

I don't put any thought into thinking anything about anyone on here. I have no preconceived notions about any poster (except perhaps for a couple 'prolific' members). When I respond, it is to respond to posts, not posters.

Would that be a certain capt.? LOL?

Moderators: It looks like there is some major "subject drift" going on here.

Getting back to the original topic, it looks like another Star Alliance carrier is having some problems:

Varig faces liquidation as auction receives only one bid
-- Varig received just one bid at yesterday's bankruptcy auction, a BRL1.01 billion ($446.4 million) offer during the second round from a consortium of employees, well below the minimum bid for just the domestic routes, which was $700 million (ATWOnline, May 22).