LEE: No merger for American Airlines

Hey AA89. Horton will take whatever balls you have left and then he will take your blood if hasn't done that already and then he will take your first born..Horton is a Corporate Raider and must be STOPPED
hPlenty of balls here. Hard to dispute that WHorton is a corporate raider and nothing more. Even his fans here should be able to see what he is up to.

Because its not TWU. And it is not an industrial union. You know, the kind that you hate because they fund the Democratic Party.
I know why I do not want the TWU and why I am not a fan of the Democratic party.

The part I do not understand is how the industrial union minions can claim that the error at NWA by AMFA is worse than 30 years of errors by the TWU at AA.

I honestly feel that a merger with AS would be of more benefit to AA. A merger with AS would result in far less, if any layoffs. It would also give AA a HUGE presence on the west coast, which could eventually turn into a successful feeder operation for a nice Pacific route structure from SFO, LAX, and SEA. A merger with AS would just produce more benefits. This would all be dependent of course, on AA being able to resist its strange need (based on history) of buying an airline (Air Cal, Reno) and then dismantling the route structure.

If anyone believes for a minute, that a merger with US Airways is not going to result in massive layoffs, they are dreaming. There would be hub closings. No matter what Parker says, there would be a reduction in the route system. Phoenix would be history. Parker obviously wants DFW for east-west connections and there would be no use to maintain PHX as anything other than a focus city. CLT is the one positive thing that US would bring to AA. I will admit that CLT would fit nicely in AA's route system. I don't see PHL maintaining its current level of service. Yes, I know the O&D is good, but I think the focus would shift to the NYC and BOS areas.

I'm just afraid that my co-workers at AA are buying into Parker's lies about no layoffs. I can't think of a single merger that has not resulted in no layoffs. It seems to me that at least with an AS merger, the reductions would largely be limited to redundancies in management, rather than in the operational area.

And they truely are....

Just remember... at least two years from the date of the merger, if any where to happen, the company would downsize and lay-off people with the BS excuse that "times have just changed."

Been there, done that....

AWA executives are crooks...

Then again, you must, and most likely will experience it for yourself...

I just don't wanna read three years ago from now all the moaning about what they wound up doing to you in the end, cuz I'll just say: "told you so."

Correncted posting...

I'm just afraid that my co-workers at AA are buying into Parker's lies about no layoffs. I can't think of a single merger that has not resulted in no layoffs....

And they truely are just that.... LIES

Just remember... at least two years from the date of the merger, if any were to happen, the company would downsize and lay-off people with some sort of BS excuse in the likes of: "well times have just changed."

Been there, done that.... Saw it first hand... and they lied even more to try to justify their previous lie

AWA executives are crooks...

Then again, you must, and most likely will experience it for yourself...

I just don't wanna read three years from now all the moaning about what they wound up doing to you in the end, cuz I'll just say: "told you so."

I want a merger. AA needs to merge with US Airways to save half of those 13,000 jobs AA wants to cut to save labor costs and to save routes.

I also want to save jobs, but I don't believe for a minute that Doug Parker is the man to make that happen.

From talking to piltots over at US (old US-East pilots) they tell me that Parker would say anything to get this deal done, just as he did when America West bought US Airways.

I want a merger. AA needs to merge with US Airways to save half of those 13,000 jobs AA wants to cut to save labor costs and to save routes.

I also want to save jobs, but I don't believe for a minute that Doug Parker is the man to make that happen.

From talking to piltots over at US (old US-East pilots) they tell me that Parker would say anything to get this deal done, just as he did when America West bought US Airways.

Latest posts

Back