Legitimate Questions

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Well, If I interpet Answer #3 correctly, It "silently" says, that All the (combined) F/A's "COULD"(by majority vote) elect AFA to represent them.

If that happens, I would LOGICALLY guess, that current AFA members would be senior to the NEWER members, who have "elected" to join !

Also, for "$hits and Giggles', there is the ancient "Allegheny/Mohawk" language !!!
???

NH/BB's
Then AFA probably wouldn't get too many votes from the 14,000 DL flight attendants. Why would we vote AFA only to get "stapled" under the 8,000 US flight attendants? I'm sure AFA would want our votes, and do just the opposite-DOH, which is in their bylaws.

Since we're speculating, I believe AFA and US F/A's would be foolish to go any way but DOH. Without knowing, I suspect that would put DL F/A's sorta in the middle -

- "old" US F/A's having the higher average seniority. Heck, I understand that it takes 25 years or so to hold a line or block in PIT with the cutbacks there, and somewhere around 15/16 years is the East systemwide average seniority to hold a line.

- HP F/A's having the lowest average, since HP's only been around since 1983.

- and DL F/A's having the middle average seniority. Although DL has been around a long time (like "old" US), it didn't have the stagnation in the 90's that US did. With relative small exceptions, "old" US hasn't hired except to replace attrition in 15 years.

Like always, individual post-merger seniority could be anywhere on the combined list (although no HP F/A would get near the top).

Jim

Latest posts