Boeing

Gilding the Lily,

No offense taken at all. You have a very keen grasp of details. Thanks for the explaination. Do you have a law background?

I will say one thing, Parker has taken his bid publicly again. There was a press release out this weekend. In the corporate world, when you have to make announcements in public, things must not be going well privately. (Unless he needs to run the stock up again before the announcement.) Most M/A's are done before any one knows about it.
Interesting.

Alice

Gilding the Lily,

No offense taken at all. You have a very keen grasp of details. Thanks for the explaination. Do you have a law background?

I will say one thing, Parker has taken his bid publicly again. There was a press release out this weekend. In the corporate world, when you have to make announcements in public, things must not be going well privately. (Unless he needs to run the stock up again before the announcement.) Most M/A's are done before any one knows about it.
Interesting.

Alice

Yes, I would agree that typically, making announcements of a potential hostile takeover is a signal that things are not going well privately. In bankruptcy land, however, things are often different. I believe Parker thought that US and the US/DL plan would shine under public scrutiny... at least in comparison to DL's stand alone plan.

Currently, I think US's plan/bid has done well under the scrutiny of Wall Street. In fact, Parker just arranged another financier for the deal: Morgan Stanley. Although it is up to the creditors right now, the opinion of Investment Bank heavyweights may reinforce a creditor's opinion... whatever that opinion may be.

However, under the scrutiny of those government officials who charge themselves with protecting consumers rights, I believe DL has fared better.

One thing to me makes no sense. If the US offer is DOA because the largest creditors are absolutely pro DL then why would they waste money, over 250,000, on hiring Bethune. If the anti US credidtors are so insurmountable then there would be no point. It will be foolhardy to think that the creditors have not unofficially polled each other to see where they stand.

Makes me wonder why DALPA leadership is booking convention space?

It seems that the deal while far from certain is still possible given the official creditors response.

Latest posts