Air France "acquires" Klm.

WorldTraveler said:
"(Hypothetically) My biggest fear, would be that DL and NW would merge, and then ALL the AMT's and ESE's/Fleet Service from both companies would first vote on union representation.
Given the fact that DL has more of "both", It's not out of the realm of possibility that the "newly merged' employees voted NON Union, given DL's long Non Union history."

With all due respect, you have to ask why Delta's employees have chosen not to unionize and I think you will come up with the realization that Delta employees have it as good as or better than their counterparts at other carriers. We'll all read enough to know that Delta is no panacea these days but Delta employees still make far more than most other airline employees (total compensation) and also produce more. In return, the company has protected many of their jobs. It is notable that DL is one of the more aggressive "insourcers" for maintenance work and, according to statistics, has the lowest maintenance costs in the network carrier industry - and lower than some LCC's. Not sure how they do it but I don't think I'd worry about losing anything if NW is acquired by DL. We'll see how Mr. Grinstein performs but I think there are alot of people who think he may finally return Delta to its former greatness.
"You have to ask yourself, WHY DL's employees hav'nt chose to unionize"

WorldTraveler, that's an easy answer.

The vast majority of the employes ARE in Atlanta Georgia !!!!!!

NH/BB's