Letter from Doug Parker

Ah, now comes HP FA. FIrst of all, I don't write letters about lousy service, because, (a) it doesn't do any good, and (B), nobody cares anyway. I note you are not airborne these days, but we would not have met, since HP is not a carrier I ever flew. As for my deal making butt, firstly, I have a pilot's license (I actually learned in the early 70's at Deer Valley Airport, in PHX, when I was manager of one of your biggest radio stations out there). Secondly, in all likelihood, if something like an A320 goes down, nobody's butt is going anywhere good. Lastly, I have no issues with older workers. In truth, they are more attentive than their younger counterparts, but I do believe that in making that job into a lifetime career position, the paradigm for an airline was altered on to a course the original pioneers had not included in their calculous. Holy liver spots, I like 'em older, personally.

PITbull, I had a reply all typed out for this wackaloon, and decided against it.
Can't be bothered.
But thank you for calling attention to his quaint, but very outdated term for the profession.
Not as bright as he pretends to be, huh?

Hey PitBull, I only called em stewardess' to piss you off. And you took the bait, just like Parker, which was kind of the point of this thread. Not to worry. I'm also a Republican, and we have no feelings anyway.

Wackaloon? Geez, now desertgal is on my case. On the bright side, guys, think about it. Piling on me has put "East" and "West" on the same side. :D

How many times I sat there as F/A's walked by, ignoring there was a coat on my lap.

It was this idiot comment/attitude that made my skin crawl.

PineyBob, you are so right.
Most "senior" FAs are an excellent judge of character, and signals like these are very telling.
I cater to the open, friendly, able-to-help-themselves types.
Not the Hang-my coat-now,-wench types.

Hey PitBull, I only called em stewardess' to piss you off. And you took the bait, just like Parker, which was kind of the point of this thread. Not to worry. I'm also a Republican, and we have no feelings anyway.

Well that explains everything now..a bush worshiper and covert operator all rolled in one friendly package. :D

C'mon Bob. We've been posting side by side on various sites for years. I have no issues with anyone doing a good job. Onboard, I am so polite, they forget I'm even there. I often refer to myself as the stealth passenger. While I do believe that the industry cost structure has, like the automotive business, gotten out of hand, I'm really just playing with PitBull, et al. I'm sure they are spunky, and very dedicated. I make mistakes all the time, but you try to learn from them.

Deel,

If you take notice, industries like oil companies have made billions and have gouged the consumer...and they are mostly non-union. Its not the workers that drive prices up...its supply and demand, and greedy execs compensation packages. Labor is management's excuse to take from the poor and give to themselves, and then, turn around and say to the employee..."you should be glad you still have a job". All the while running to their banks with their huge pay checks to deposit.

A fair and livable wage. After all, this isn't Mexico yet!

PS: Forgot one small detail...Cheny has a tax refund check coming for $2 million and Bush $875,000. That's the tax break given to the rich, indeed. Me, I got back $242. :up: I figure, that's about 4 gas tanks back to the oil companies. Hey, just lov'in life!

Hey PitBull, I bet you have a picture of Hillary Clinton in your locker. But that's OK.As long as I know you're working to pay for my Medicare, I'm a happy guy. Gotta run. I'm tired from spending all day figuring out how to use my tax break to buy stuff. :D

East vs West, Democrat vs Republican, U Management vs U front line employees and passenger. Can't we all just get along :) I am Democrat by the way :p

I think most people on these boards honestly can run U better than what was once CCY. It's too early to say what the sandcastle out west is going to do. Hopefully they will have more of an open mind and at least listen to it's customers and front line employees.

We should all be working together (that is the Navy talking in me) and all help and suggest what we all can bring to the table of the new U. Piney when are we having our next roachfest? Yes I said Roach because I feel like lately with all the things the new U has done....I have become a cockroach once again.

Desert gal, you think your skin was crawling. What do you think it feels like to sit there with my $10,000 cashmere and wool blend coat, made by illegal aliens locked in a windowless room in Apache Junction, while the cabin is warm. Crawling. That's nothing. It scratches.

Hey PitBull, I bet you have a picture of Hillary Clinton in your locker. But that's OK.As long as I know you're working to pay for my Medicare, I'm a happy guy. Gotta run. I'm tired from spending all day figuring out how to use my tax break to buy stuff. :D

Nope. Got a picture of Tom Cruise and Piney Bob. :up:

Secondly, in all likelihood, if something like an A320 goes down, nobody's butt is going anywhere good.

AGAIN:

I remind you

Air France in Toronto, just last year.

Hey Fan, if you recall from FT, this is the original "cockroach". And airportman, I am not making light of what FA's do in an emergency. I consider USAirways (East) the best flyers in the country. Thanks to all those layoffs, they are certainly mostly senior. As for the Toronto mishap, I know everyone can have a bad day, and that Airbus products are built to minimize individual decisions in certain areas (sort of European in character), but I've never worried about a USAirways pilot running off a runway. I don't fly you guys anymore, but I miss you. PitBull, I'm getting you a subscription to the New York Times.It makes Pravda look like the National Review.