Letter to DAVE .... Topic Have at it

cat 111

Advanced
Aug 25, 2002
Stewart, he won't need a judge.Have you read the papers lately? Dave and company has PISSED OFF the frequent fliers.Dave better start worring how is he going to get back the frequent fliers he just pissed off.Maybe,they want to go Ch 7.

I have been with this airline 15 years! I rarely have ever defended our management team in the past . But for the first time i say Dave do what you have to do no holds barred to save this company and our jobs! For the first time i say I trust you and your judgement and sincerely believe unlike every single team we have had here at US that you can be trusted ! The majority of your team today including me feels that ur sincere when u say you wanna fix this airline. I for one stand behind you 100 % and if you have to break some unions to do it after what has happened then do it! I never thought id say it but i am dissappointed in our unions leadership and this was greed rearing its ugly head once again. Theres no excuse people, none why we should be playing games with our livelihoods.... now im ready for greediness my self ... BRING the judge on!

Deelmaker i see your point but what is the alternative??? At this point i feel we had control over our destiny. I feel we have lost it. Im not one to blame the past although there are enough people to point fingers at . I may have been alittle strong but it comes from frustration and aggrivation at seeing our company literally torn into shreds and we all have something to do with that ! There comes a point when a good warrior knows when to declare peace and to establish a level of trust. So far i feel a trust level is there and that it needs to be built upon. We are talking about 30,000 jobs here and not being responsible for actions is odd at best . Im not pointing fingers at a certain person or group... Im saying lets get this thing done we have nothing to lose but to get better but at this rate were shooting our own selves.

----------------
On 8/29/2002 9:48:21 AM

Stewart, he won't need a judge.Have you read the papers lately? Dave and company has PISSED OFF the frequent fliers.Dave better start worring how is he going to get back the frequent fliers he just pissed off.Maybe,they want to go Ch 7.

----------------

Ive been posting a lot on another thread on some of this but felt the need to respond here. Ive been CP for 3 years I think and gold before that (they didnt call it gold then, but what ever it was). Im not pissed off but I am a bit disappointed and I think that is more typical. Personally I am also a UAL 1k and need a fair number of miles on both to renew and am planning on doing it. I thought about shifting to UAL completely or even UAL and AA or CO but for the moment have decided to go ahead and keep flying U. The reason is that I think this will possibly change and I am willing to keep investing in the relationship until I see how it sorts out. Even if it doesnt change I will still fly U occasionally but MUCH less than I do now. I would guess once or twice a year rather than 25-30 times a year. I hope the labor things work out and I hope the rocket scientists in marketing sort something tenable out. Best.

USFLIBOI, you continue to look in the wrong place. You can defend customer bashing all day. I'll give you that one. Meantime, the guy you're defending has sweethearted control of your company to a group which is famous for liquidating troubled businesses at great profit for themselves. By it's own admission, the company has said the bankruptcy filing was done in large part to comport with the conditions set forth by that group. $200 million for 38% of the company and 5 board seats? Compare that to the list price for 2 widebodies, if you want to put it into perspective.

Nothing personal. My family and I will miss you folks. It's one of the reasons we stayed with the company.

I agree I believe that there is a large silent majority that if something is not given to vote on soon we will start a petition to CWA requesting that they share the companys current offer with the membership. At this point we do not even have a clue to what is being offered. Most of us are mad at the company, and also frustrated with the union, we feel this has dragged on to long, now that the IAM vote is over, give us something to vote on ..maybe the union needs a reality check..they are here to represent all of us..not just a few vocal ones wearing red.

----------------
On 8/29/2002 1:08:14 PM

I agree I believe that there is a large silent majority that if something is not given to vote on soon we will start a petition to CWA requesting that they share the companys current offer with the membership. At this point we do not even have a clue to what is being offered. Most of us are mad at the company, and also frustrated with the union, we feel this has dragged on to long, now that the IAM vote is over, give us something to vote on ..maybe the union needs a reality check..they are here to represent all of us..not just a few vocal ones wearing red.
----------------

Assuming there is no joint shutdown of U by the mechs and cwa, I am lobbying to have as many as possible contribute their dues to charity and not directly to the union..this because of the non- communication to the members over the past month, bits and pieces and crumbs of info are no longer acceptable in my book.