Loan wasn''t going to happen anyway, but mechanics gave cover

Busdrvr,

"...your facts are about as off as your in times."

What 'facts' do you dispute? That the 'talking heads' all supported the ATSB decision or that the ATSB determined UAL's business plan was unsound? You're continued insults re OALs just prove you to be a punk. You still don't get it.

"Glenn Tilton, after returning from Rio, reported to the press that cash burn was 5 to 7 million a day and getting better and that UAL had 'significantly' more than $1 billion cash."

That $1B+ is largely spoken for in the next couple of weeks. What's getting better mean? $4.9-6.9M/day?

"Don't think the majors adopting lower cost structures will benefit you."

I don't. The better things are at other carriers, the better things are for everyone. UAL's imminent BK will not help anyone except UAL employees (the ones not furloughed) and future shareholders.

"Expect another 'war' video and pay freeze."

Don't tell me Shuttle is gonna come back and kick SWA out of California again. Shuttle was so formidable the first time around, UAL turned it into a hub-feeder where it wouldn't lose as much money trying to compete with SWA.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/4/2002 10:05:49 PM Rhino wrote:

Busdrvr,

"...your facts are about as off as your in times."

What 'facts' do you dispute? That the 'talking heads' all supported the ATSB decision or that the ATSB determined UAL's business plan was unsound? You're continued insults re OALs just prove you to be a punk. You still don't get it."

No Slick, you're the punk, you're over on OUR board spredding bad info with your smug attitude. Again, why did you guys change your after start procedures? It was either the one per month near disaster prevented only by the takeoff warning horn, or your propensity for runway incursions. Which one was it? despite all our problem, we don't have panels and wheels falling off our jets.

""Glenn Tilton, after returning from Rio, reported to the press that cash burn was 5 to 7 million a day and getting better and that UAL had 'significantly' more than $1 billion cash."

That $1B+ is largely spoken for in the next couple of weeks. What's getting better mean? $4.9-6.9M/day?"

RTFP. Are you that slow? You said 8 mill a day, the CEO says 5-7. But I'm the punk. I think Herb needs a **** ***, I think he's calling you. GO AWAY>

""Expect another 'war' video and pay freeze."

Don't tell me Shuttle is gonna come back and kick SWA out of California again. Shuttle was so formidable the first time around, UAL turned it into a hub-feeder where it wouldn't lose as much money trying to compete with SWA."

That's why you spineless guys took the freeze huh? We could go on and on about creative accounting and how to shift costs. UAL was taking deliveries as fast as possible. UALs intrastate Cal market share went UP SWA's WENT DOWN! The Guppies had higher yields flying to the hubs. They had premium pax (the kind that don't smell like urine, you may not see too many). Hubs have higher costs AND higher yields. Why fly SMF-SAN when you can get higher yields flying to lax? Our costs will come down one way or another and when they do, what will be YOUR competative advantage? Your on time record? Or the free trips to the local gas station for post flight snacks?
----------------
[/blockquote]

Busdrvr,

"you're over on OUR board spredding bad info with your smug attitude."

I don't have a smug attitude, but if I did, how would a smug attitude spread bad info?

"Again, why did you guys change your after start procedures? It was either the one per month near disaster prevented only by the takeoff warning horn, or your propensity for runway incursions. Which one was it? despite all our problem, we don't have panels and wheels falling off our jets."

You're pathetic.

"RTFP. Are you that slow? You said 8 mill a day, the CEO says 5-7. But I'm the punk. I think Herb needs a **** ***, I think he's calling you. GO AWAY>"

I never said $8M/day. Actually, I left out the B for billion, which referrred to UAL's bizplan and the $8B+ in phantom savings it conjured.

"That's why you spineless guys took the freeze huh?"

In exchange for options, which has been a better investment than the ESOP shares you courageous UAL pilots took freezes for.

"UALs intrastate Cal market share went UP SWA's WENT DOWN!"

Not true on routes SWA flew. FAT-SFO on UAX don't matter.

"The Guppies had higher yields flying to the hubs."

No kidding. SWA didn't compete on those routes.

"They had premium pax (the kind that don't smell like urine, you may not see too many)."

You're such a class act.

"Our costs will come down one way or another"

That's a fact.

"...when they do, what will be YOUR competative advantage?"

Still lower costs. Different business model. What do you think your debt-to-equity ratio will be?

You have no class, Busdrvr. Doubt you ever did. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for choosing employemnt at UAL. Good luck to you.

Latest posts