Lookin' Good

mga707 said:
Look more closely, especially at the close-up shot. The windows ARE outlined, just not as prominently.
[post="289097"][/post]​

Well, well, ask and you shall receive. I flew 711HK today!! :D

The windows are NOT outlined. The circle around the windows is the aluminum frame of the window, less than a 1/4" thick. I also didn't think the color was much shinier than I remember newly painted 'Desert Gold' planes being but, I'm more than willing to be wrong on this. I'm with mga about the old SWA titles.

I think luvn737's was joking, but for the record, 711HK is an original SWA delivery, complete with early -700 vintage galley.

corl737 said:
As of today, the FAA database shows the following B737s registered to Southwest Airlines Co that do not have the common 2-letter suffix of SW, WN, SA, or LV. (Note that SWA has 661 N-numbers assigned or reserved. Given today's fleet size of around 440 aircraft, this shows preparation for yet another 50% growth!)

N216WR
N217JC
N700GS
N701GS
N711HK
N714CB
N737JW
N738CB
N739GB
N759GS
N761RR
N777QC
N797MX (Honoring SWA Maintenance!)
(N679AA was an old American Airlines -300 that, for whatever reason, retains its old registration.)

Since few of the special tail numbered aircraft have any nose titles all you have to do is look for one that has YOUR initials on it and claim it as your own! I'm still looking for NxxxCL!
[post="290648"][/post]​

....Where's NxxxLM? After all these years, it's time for Herb and Lamar to bury the hatchet!
B)

mga707 said:
....Where's NxxxLM?  After all these years, it's time for Herb and Lamar to bury the hatchet!
B)
[post="291070"][/post]​

Hey!! Lamar shows up at the shareholder meeting, just about every year. Problem is he still thinks he's running the airline, and Herb just ends up wanting to bury the hatchet in Lamar's head. :D

Disclaimer: This post in no way pretends to know what Herb actually wants. ;)

Off-subject but still under the category of "Lookin' Good", on Thursday evening I flew on the newest plane in SWA's fleet. I was returning from vacation with my family when we boarded a spanking new canyon blue beauty at BNA bound for ISP. The FA announced that the plane was delivered to SWA less than a month earlier and it sure looked it. The FA went on to brag a bit how they would have more planes than AA in a few years, but I guess that is something to brag about. After the flight landed, one of the pilots came out, put on latex gloves and helped the FAs clean up trash. That's something I've never seen on any other airline.

luvn737s said:
An honorary tail number upon their death or retirement is classy. While you're still running the place seems a little tacky.
[post="290610"][/post]​

In most cases I would agree with you on that but when you have run an airline for 30+ years with 30+ years of profits like Herb has, it seems like the right thing to do. Looking for a JOB?????????? :up:

I've filled-in a few of the gaps...

N216WR-Named after 1 of 2 PHX MX folks who died recently in a GA crash
N217JC-Named after 1 of 2 PHX MX folks who died recently in a GA crash
N700GS-Gene Stewart (I think)
N701GS-Gene Stewart (I think)
N711HK-Herb Kelleher
N714CB-Colleen Barrett
N737JW-Jim Wimberly
N738CB-Colleen Barrett
N739GB-Garry Baron
N759GS-Gene Stewart (I think)
N761RR-Ron Ricks
N777QC- Quality Control (I think)
N797MX (Honoring SWA Maintenance!)
(N679AA was an old American Airlines -300 that, for whatever reason, retains its old registration.)

There are some other ex-AA (originally Aircal) -300s (N674AA, N675AA, N678AA, come to mind) and they stayed with the AA because that's the way the lessor wanted it.

Remember the TACA 737-300 that landed deadstick on the levee near MSY back in the 1980s? After seeing service with a couple of other operators, it came into the SWA fleet as N697SW.

The former Western Pacific 737-300 that was "Marge Simpson", along with 4 other WP aircraft, were all repainted in SWA colors.