Lousy service from American

Hold up. That directly correlates his attitude towards his employees whether we have other threads about it or not.
Not trying to be rude but I don't see the connection.

I guess you are going to have to pull out your crayons and connect the dots for me.

I guess you are going to have to pull out your crayons and connect the dots for me.
I concede this argument.

I concede this argument.
You state that you are NOT talking about his attitude towards employees, but rather if the customer deserves a full refund.
I do not believe the customer does in this case.
Plus, being a keyboard, I can't use crayons or I might. Since I have kids, crayons are everywhere.

You state that you are NOT talking about his attitude towards employees, but rather if the customer deserves a full refund.
That is correct. I don't see what the customers expectation of a refund has to do with Doug Parker's attitude toward employees. We were discussing the expectation of a refund.

I do not believe the customer does in this case.
Great, then we are in agreement.

Plus, being a keyboard, I can't use crayons or I might. Since I have kids, crayons are everywhere.
OH, come on, get creative.

Last edited:
Reactions: we're screwed
Try reading the Contract for Carriage. Back in the day it used to be printed on the back of every ticket--when there were paper tickets. It spelled out in tiny print exactly what, when, and where refunds would be issued. I don't ever remember seeing anything that involved the phrase "full refund." It didn't happen even in the days of the DC-3. (The first airplane I ever flew on.)

Reactions: JREwing
Since I have kids, crayons are everywhere.
I am glad to hear that. It makes me happy to hear that kids are playing with traditional toys that inspire creativity. Too many kids these days have their nose rammed up Nintendo's ass or their cell phone. Ever try to have a conversation with a millennial? There mind is everywhere but where it is supposed to be. I somewhat think this is a result of the information age. These kids are exposed to everything (content and quantity) so they are totally desensitized to anything. We are being inundated with information.

Do your kids a favor, don't buy them Nintendo, buy them Legos. Give them the opportunity to learn basic engineering and design at a young age.

Reactions: swamt