M&R LBO2 Vote Predictions

When I started this thread, I was not aware of the sign truck being in Tulsa for yesterday and today. Bravo to those who thought that up. I will have to increase my prediction by 1% for each day. So make it a 63% no vote. I am still hearing about radio ads and a TV spot still to come, although now I hear this weekend for those.

Second revision. Minus one for the Alice Cooper looking lawyer, but add one percentage point for that script reading Roth guy. Add on 2 more points for the truck being out there 4 days now. With the radio ads and the TV spots still to come, along with the brave Vote No crowd out there in unbearable heat, I will raise my prediction to 67% NO. :)

Second revision. Minus one for the Alice Cooper looking lawyer, but add one percentage point for that script reading Roth guy. Add on 2 more points for the truck being out there 4 days now. With the radio ads and the TV spots still to come, along with the brave Vote No crowd out there in unbearable heat, I will raise my prediction to 67% NO. :)
I say 64 % NO

I am voting Yes and I think it will pass because it is better that the last offer and Abrogation will cost us even more money, I think it will be close probably around 55% but doesn't matter how close it is just as long as it passes, I have a new family and can't afford any interruptions just my particular position, I realize we are all in different situations and must do what is right for our family.

I wish the vote was over so we would know one way or the other, not knowing is stressful, to be honest i'm looking forward to 6 years of no stress so I can enjoy my family without worrying about losing everything over a very small chance of getting a little more.

Are you even aware that AA can go back to the Judge Lane and ask for more RELIEF from their financial obligations? That also includes the so called Labor Agreements THAT WE ARE VOTING ON NOW. As long as AA remains in C11 there is NO JOB SECURITY even if the Yes Vote prevails. Can you show where at in LBO 2.0 where there are any penalty clauses for violating the outsourcing language? The AA management could decide to OUTSOURCE ALL THE AO WORK at TULE AFTER EXITING C11 and the TEAMSTERS/ amfa/ TWU will not be able to do anything about it.You are living in a glass bubble if you think the YES vote will relieve stress in your life or prevent you from "losing everything".

If you talk to the guys in Boston,Ream told them that you will not recognize Tulsa in 2 years(His words not mine) and then you couple that with what he said in NY. Look MCI is gone AFW will be gone in a short time. If people think that Tulsa will not be next they are sadly mistaken. Do you remember 2003 it wasn't that long ago. They lied to you then and they are lieing to you now. When was the last time that management did a road show like this and was not promoting there agenda at our expense. It is money in the bank betting on AA management lieing to you on these road shows. So as a group are we going to stand up and say no or are we going to cower down and believe that the company has our best interest at heart? If this passes the large bonuses are coming for the executives just as they did in 2003 when they said they earned them while we took pay cuts. We will see if history repeats itself.

If you talk to the guys in Boston,Ream told them that you will not recognize Tulsa in 2 years(His words not mine) and then you couple that with what he said in NY. Look MCI is gone AFW will be gone in a short time. If people think that Tulsa will not be next they are sadly mistaken. Do you remember 2003 it wasn't that long ago. They lied to you then and they are lieing to you now. When was the last time that management did a road show like this and was not promoting there agenda at our expense. It is money in the bank betting on AA management lieing to you on these road shows. So as a group are we going to stand up and say no or are we going to cower down and believe that the company has our best interest at heart? If this passes the large bonuses are coming for the executives just as they did in 2003 when they said they earned them while we took pay cuts. We will see if history repeats itself.

I personally am not voting Yes because it will save my job more than likely the base will get much smaller regardless of what happens with the contract but a yes will give raises & fix the overtime so for as long as we are here we will at least make some money, anyone who thinks that voting no will save jobs is delusional that is just a quicker way of getting rid of them, what happened to the other Airlines is proof of that, voting no will not save any jobs, the company is going to get what it wants one way or the other but some of us would like to make a little money & maybe buy a little time first.
I'm looking forward to this passing on Tuesday & things getting back to normal for a while, contract negotiations suck.
The 6 years will give me time to find another job.

Oh i'm calling it 60% YES what does the winning guess win ??

I personally am not voting Yes because it will save my job more than likely the base will get much smaller regardless of what happens with the contract but a yes will give raises & fix the overtime so for as long as we are here we will at least make some money,

So you plan on working overtime after they layoff fellow mechanics? Nothing union about that.

So you plan on working overtime after they layoff fellow mechanics? Nothing union about that.

Yes sir I work all the overtime I can because AA is going down hill fast so I need to save up some money to mitigate the temporary loss of income from changing jobs & the stress that will cause to my new family, its every Man for himself at AA these days dude until the ride is over & we all get off.

Oh BTW I don't have much seniority so depending on how bad the layoff ends up being I might not be here after the layoff to work overtime, I figure with my seniority its just a matter of time before i'm gone which is why i'm job hunting.

Yes sir I work all the overtime I can because AA is going down hill fast so I need to save up some money to mitigate the temporary loss of income from changing jobs & the stress that will cause to my new family, its every Man for himself at AA these days dude until the ride is over & we all get off.

That is about the most anti-union BS I have heard since CIO left this board.

I hate to say it but tulsamechanic9 hopefully the layoffs will get to you pretty quick so we can get rid of a genius like you.

Oh BTW I don't have much seniority so depending on how bad the layoff ends up being I might not be here after the layoff to work overtime, I figure with my seniority its just a matter of time before i'm gone which is why i'm job hunting.
Wow even so you should never admit that in public wow you didn't have much respect now I suspect you have zero

I personally am not voting Yes because it will save my job more than likely the base will get much smaller regardless of what happens with the contract but a yes will give raises & fix the overtime so for as long as we are here we will at least make some money, anyone who thinks that voting no will save jobs is delusional that is just a quicker way of getting rid of them, what happened to the other Airlines is proof of that, voting no will not save any jobs, the company is going to get what it wants one way or the other but some of us would like to make a little money & maybe buy a little time first.
I'm looking forward to this passing on Tuesday & things getting back to normal for a while, contract negotiations suck.
The 6 years will give me time to find another job.

Oh i'm calling it 60% YES what does the winning guess win ??
I understand what you are saying and you can rest assured your hecklers do too. I can assure you there wasn't anyone that exercised the time honored tradition of turning down O.T. until everyone was brought back off the street after the 2003 layoffs or even previous layoffs for who knows how long and if there was you could probably count em on one hand. Pretty sad some dislike Raptorman so much they think trying to twist things you say and trying to belittle you is payback for him.

Back