MAA Flight Attendants Drop Suit Against US Airways

Should of, could of, would of.

Stop crying over spilt milk, the company was well within their rights to sell it off.

There was NO reverse flow through for mainline f/as to go to MAA. Mainline f/as could not bid into MAA, or bump MAA f/as, and vice versa.Again, MAA was not mainline regardless of sharing the same flying certificate to satisfy FAA and get the carrier operating as the EMB were coming in.

Actually, there was a flow through of sorts. In the event that mainline furloughed those FAs could flow down to MAA if there were open positions. And as long as MAA remained on the same certificate as US the wholly owned FAs who went to MAA and those hired off the street could flow up to mainline. Not to mention that any mainline FA who wanted to work at MAA could bid into the division and be locked in for one year.

The staffing for MAA was to be as follows: Mainline FAs could bid into MAA division if there were openings. Invol. Furloughes were offered a position. Then the wholly owned FAs would have been offered a position. Finally, they would have hired off the street.

The invol furloughed FAs kept their mainline recall rights and any recalls would have been in senority order and there was also a section about how we could have been held at MAA in the event that we were recalled for a period of time to protect the MAA staffing. Those who came from the wholly owned companies and those hired off the street would have been offered positions at mainline before mainline hired off the street.

So, anybody in the MAA division (as long as it remained on the mainline certificate) could have flowed up to mainline, based on senority, in the event that mainline recalled and would have been offered a position before mainline hired off the street.

Dunno, sounds like a type of flow up/ flow down system to me. Perhaps not a standard type, but I am not familure with these systems. I only know what was at MAA.

I have the MAA mysterious contract that showed up at the end of the MAA experience and can quote it if anybody really needs to see it in full detail.

Merry Christmas!

As they had seperate labor rates for Metrojet which was part of mainline.

They ex MAA employees are trying to get something for nothing.

As they had seperate labor rates for Metrojet which was part of mainline.

They ex MAA employees are trying to get something for nothing.

MAA wasn't "part of mainline"?

Who or what was it a part of then? The magical airline on another airlines certificate, but not part of it/....

It was part of the US Airways group and a division of US Airways, Inc, EVERY employee group had their own CBA and did not fall under the Mainline CBAs.

They even had their own R#s for representation.

MidAtlantic Airways
MidAtlantic Airways was a Pittsburgh-based subsidiary of US Airways which operated the Embraer 170 medium-jet aircraft as a US Airways Express carrier. The company was reformed from the remnants of short-lived Potomac Air, which was created in late 2000 and started flying 37-seat Dash 8-200 aircraft in early 2001, based at Ronald Reagan National Airport in Washington DC. Potomac ceased operations during the closure of Reagan National after the September 11th terrorist attacks; US Airways then reformed Potomac as MidAtlantic in the spring of 2002.

MidAtlantic did not actually have an operating certificate, but operated under that of its parent, US Airways. MidAtlantic was started as a "Jets for Jobs" experiment, hiring furloughed mainline pilots to fly the new aircraft. However, the company ceased operations May 28, 2006, having sold most of its assets to Republic Airlines during US Airways latest bankruptcy. Republic will operate the craft under the US Airways Express banner.

References
Press release, US Airways, May 30 2002, "US AIRWAYS FORMS MIDATLANTIC AIRWAYS TO PREPARE FOR PLANNED REGIONAL JET GROWTH"
"US Airways regional jet unit closes for good," Dan Fitzpatrick, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, March 31, 2006

Don't let the facts get in your way.

Um, did you seriously just quote WIKIPEDIA? Anyone can write what they want there... what are you going to do next, put a link to a MYSPACE page lol???

MDA was never a subsidiary... US Group subs are US Airways Inc (which included MDA), Piedmont Airlines Inc, and PSA Airlines Inc. Allegheny was a sub until merged into Piedmont. Shuttle Inc was a sub until merged into US Airways Inc. Potomac Airlines was a sub, became Material Services Inc d/b/a MidAtlantic Airways, then was merged into US Airways Inc before MDA operations began.

Don't let facts get in your way lol... you shouldn't have a hard time using Wikipedia!!!! lmfao

Actually, there was a flow through of sorts. In the event that mainline furloughed those FAs could flow down to MAA if there were open positions. And as long as MAA remained on the same certificate as US the wholly owned FAs who went to MAA and those hired off the street could flow up to mainline. Not to mention that any mainline FA who wanted to work at MAA could bid into the division and be locked in for one year.

The staffing for MAA was to be as follows: Mainline FAs could bid into MAA division if there were openings. Invol. Furloughes were offered a position. Then the wholly owned FAs would have been offered a position. Finally, they would have hired off the street.

The invol furloughed FAs kept their mainline recall rights and any recalls would have been in senority order and there was also a section about how we could have been held at MAA in the event that we were recalled for a period of time to protect the MAA staffing. Those who came from the wholly owned companies and those hired off the street would have been offered positions at mainline before mainline hired off the street.

So, anybody in the MAA division (as long as it remained on the mainline certificate) could have flowed up to mainline, based on senority, in the event that mainline recalled and would have been offered a position before mainline hired off the street.

Dunno, sounds like a type of flow up/ flow down system to me. Perhaps not a standard type, but I am not familure with these systems. I only know what was at MAA.

I have the MAA mysterious contract that showed up at the end of the MAA experience and can quote it if anybody really needs to see it in full detail.

Merry Christmas!

No. not any mainline f/a could flow up. There was a one time offering (that would have commenced at some later date) for a max of 25 only, including all the bases. That language was put in there in case of a base closure on mainline. I can assure you, everyone at the table knew that no f/a who had a seniority higher than 6 years would be running over to MAA to accept those wages. So, just in case there were a few who just wanted to keep "a job" may have opted to go. But, the date to open this up was never established, and now is moot.

Latest posts