MAA flight attendant press release

I never stated any maa f/a got repremanded for not saying express. What I did say was they have every right to because it states in in our announcements to say express.
Why do you think we have this lawsuit out..it's because we wanted to be considered mainline and no one fought for us to get that. Or at least not enough.

ny,

You were not mainline. Therefore, there would be no fight. MAA's main premise in concession #1 and #2 and during BK was having a low cost carrier within a carrier under separate work rules, benefits, and wages; a Division. American Eagle provisions was a 5 day discussion right before the deadline hour of liquidation threats. I know you were NOT on the property then as MAA was just a premise. No planes were purchased and no flights were operating.

You don't know the history of MAA genesis. Only that you took the job there and think you were screwed out of being mainline.

I don't understand that thinking or the lawsuit. The history in the brief is "flawed" and not accurate.
There is no way that you would be recalled "out of seniority" if MAA were mainline. That would be violating section 19 of our agreement regarding furloughees. The company would NOT negotiate "longevity" for MAA. Trust, that it was discussed, and they would not have it under any circumstance. They would have just as well been happy to hire off the street for this "division" if no invols wanted these jobs. Deep concessions were given by All active mainline employees of USAirways for the purpose of starting up MAA so the company could compete against the LCCs.

That is why the pilots gave up so much of their wages and workrules. They protected their invols by making sure the company's MAA would provide "jets for jobs". That's how the agreements were ratified in concession #1 and 2.

XO,

I don't know if you want to believe this but you were NEVER to say you were "express". Is this in your announcement? With regard to having 1 manual, we were told that because we are under one flying certificate (from MAA inception) that the FAA regulations is that it could be only 1 ER manual. As mainline, we never opened any doors in the mock ups that were E170. That section was in our manuals, but we were not responsible for the doors.

You asr full of sh+t - when i was doing requal - there was a class of recurrent and they were in line right behind me doing the 170 door --- lol - i think we werent supposed to say express but the planes sure did right on the side - there it goes again the AFA trying to cover their ass-s!!!!

ny,

You were not mainline. Therefore, there would be no fight. MAA's main premise in concession #1 and #2 and during BK was having a low cost carrier within a carrier under separate work rules, benefits, and wages; a Division. American Eagle provisions was a 5 day discussion right before the deadline hour of liquidation threats. I know you were NOT on the property then as MAA was just a premise. No planes were purchased and no flights were operating.

You don't know the history of MAA genesis. Only that you took the job there and think you were screwed out of being mainline.

I don't understand that thinking or the lawsuit. The history in the brief is "flawed" and not accurate.
There is no way that you would be recalled "out of seniority" if MAA were mainline. That would be violating section 19 of our agreement regarding furloughees. The company would NOT negotiate "longevity" for MAA. Trust, that it was discussed, and they would not have it under any circumstance. They would have just as well been happy to hire off the street for this "division" if no invols wanted these jobs. Deep concessions were given by All active mainline employees of USAirways for the purpose of starting up MAA so the company could compete against the LCCs.

That is why the pilots gave up so much of their wages and workrules. They protected their invols by making sure the company's MAA would provide "jets for jobs". That's how the agreements were ratified in concession #1 and 2.

One more thing that did not get mentioned in the brief is that the MAA f/as had "furloughed" as their status on mainline. Those INVOLS that were working the "division", were on INvoluntary furlough status with mainline through out. All involuntary furloughees kept acrruing their airline seniority once they were furloughed from mainline back in 2001, and those on MAA did not jump over them and accure longevity because they worked at MAA. That is how it was negotiated. MAA was only an opportunity for involuntary furloughed f/as from 2001 to have jobs in the industry until "recall" to mainline.

You may not like that, just like I didn't like all the deep wage and benefits cuts we took in concession 1-2-3 that basically drove me out of the business, but that is how it was and that is what was ratified by the membership.

You asr full of sh+t - when i was doing requal - there was a class of recurrent and they were in line right behind me doing the 170 door --- lol - i think we werent supposed to say express but the planes sure did right on the side - there it goes again the AFA trying to cover their ass-s!!!!

goodgirl,

I don't give a crap what you think. I know the history. Your historian or whoever gave the information to your attorneys left out a great deal of facts either because they didn't know the facts and ad lib, or purposely, because they didn't like the ultimate outcome of MAA.

And I found out that it is true. The f/as that are part of this suit are having to pay a monthly fee to the attorneys, and that you can get out of it if you pay $400 to break your commitment to this litigation.

I was PM'd with that info by someone who is involved in the suit.

Way I see it, and from what I've read from their brief, your lawyers are swindling the f/as at MAA, leading you to believe their is a good case for compensation.

I'm out of the industry and have absolutely no dog in this fight. But, I call the spade a spade.

I would like to see ware it says $400 dollars. That person lied to you PITbull. Whoever pm'd PITbull...I want to see it where it says $400 to get out of the lawsuit.

All I have to say is this "unless you actually worked for MAA and worked those planes everyday and went through all the crap that we heard from managment straight out of their mouths and got all the crew messages and all the crap from crew scheduling that they would say was in a contract that we never saw till a month ago.(.oh, and by the way they would say whatever they felt like it because we had nothing to reference to...)then you do not know what you are talking about." I do not care if you are AFA or not...you will never know and no matter what anyof us say or do will change anyones mind on what they thought went on over here.

XO, you may or may not be aware that Mr. Haber has asked for costs and fees from FAs who did not sign retainers and did not wish to be named in this lawsuit. I can post emails from him if you need proof or I can pm them to you.

How many of the 130 named plaintiffs does Mr. Haber actually have signed retainers from? Rumor has it, only about 60.

I would like to see ware it says $400 dollars. That person lied to you PITbull. Whoever pm'd PITbull...I want to see it where it says $400 to get out of the lawsuit.

All I have to say is this "unless you actually worked for MAA and worked those planes everyday and went through all the crap that we heard from managment straight out of their mouths and got all the crew messages and all the crap from crew scheduling that they would say was in a contract that we never saw till a month ago.(.oh, and by the way they would say whatever they felt like it because we had nothing to reference to...)then you do not know what you are talking about." I do not care if you are AFA or not...you will never know and no matter what anyof us say or do will change anyones mind on what they thought went on over here.
xoxo,
I couldn't agree with you more!! Did pitbull just find out that we were paying monthly? Alittle late don't you think for someone who thinks they know everything. If pitbull wants to know what really went on at maa, they'd have to be here and experience it or give our afa maa president a call. We did but we never get a call back.

The ameican eagle contract was posted on the HUB and MEC E-line as well as MAA website. IF you chose not to read it and educate yourself on it; than you wwould get screwed by scheduling. You had union reps that would argue on your behalf if the schedulers were not followng the contract of AE. You did have the contract on the web, you just did not look at it to figure out if there was a violation. You were too busy comparing it to mainline flying and workrules, and you were not under mainline on any workrules.

I am not here to change your mind. I don't care if you give the attorneys your fist born, I haven't seen exactly what the case is about except a group of f/as who ran around not having a clue or asking anyone about their work rules.

MAA got sold. Period. They sold the a/c, the f/as from MAA are already on furlough status with mainline waiting for recall.

These issues you cite are not grievances, or lawsuits with validity, just gripes.

xoxo,
I couldn't agree with you more!! Did pitbull just find out that we were paying monthly? Alittle late don't you think for someone who thinks they know everything. If pitbull wants to know what really went on at maa, they'd have to be here and experience it or give our afa maa president a call. We did but we never get a call back.
Yes, I just found out that there was a montly payment to these new york shysters called lawyers for those who wanted to be included in the suit.

But, like I said, I know the entire history and genesis of MAA. How the end times were, I do not know. All I know is MAA a/c got sold to Republic, and the MAA f/as will wait for recall from mainline.

MAA got sold. Period. They sold the a/c, the f/as from MAA are already on furlough status with mainline waiting for recall.

Pitbull

Here, here!! Denial is a wonderful place to visit when you have :censored: up your life with a poor decision and choose to BLAME everyone else. Not one of these people have answered a single question that has been asked of them...NOT ONE!! Just "you are trash...a looser..crap like that. They speed read without absorbing anything but that for which they can add their juvenile remarks. They say we know nothing but they can't answer simple question which tells me they are just victims...plain and simple.

Now go ahead little boys and girls and give papa your best shot. I HAVE a job and you don't...loosers!! You lost any support or sympathy from me. I hope you loose and loose big. :up: :up:

Pitbull

Here, here!! Denial is a wonderful place to visit when you have :censored: up your life with a poor decision and choose to BLAME everyone else. Not one of these people have answered a single question that has been asked of them...NOT ONE!! Just "you are trash...a looser..crap like that. They speed read without absorbing anything but that for which they can add their juvenile remarks. They say we know nothing but they can't answer simple question which tells me they are just victims...plain and simple.

Now go ahead little boys and girls and give papa your best shot. I HAVE a job and you don't...loosers!! You lost any support or sympathy from me. I hope you loose and loose big. :up: :up:
I'm sorry to tell you but I have a job. And you think we're all loosers? Why are you on this thread if it has nothing to do with you? Why are you so worried about our problems? Deal with your own unless you have nothing else to do w/ your time. WE never asked for YOUR support or sympathy. This is a thread on maa. We know the facts. Why should we consistantly repeat ourselves? Pitbull swears up and down that we were never ever told we were considered express. I let pitbull know what was written on maa announcements and never received a comment back. Cause she doesn't know what she's talking about.

Hey, I'm a mainline F/A in CLT and I can tell you for a fact that they never made any class that I have been through ever touch a 170 door, I even asked if we had to do it, as the section was in our manual and they said no, it's just their for legal reasons. We used to joke about it on the jumpseat, of what a waste of paper that was for us, and they said they never did the door either. Maybe your class was different, don't know.

From what I understand some recurrent classes did get trained on the door around winter of 2004.

Judging by this thread, why would anyone want to work at US Airways. The MDA F/As may have forgotten the awful working enviornment that "mainline mainline" US Airways is for flight attendants. Some nice folks, but the majority poisonously mean spirited people in the twilight of thier lives with no work experience but flight attending, and no way to get out. Probably just waiting for the better attitude MDA F/As to return so they can eat them alive. The attitude on this thread is apalling and makes me really sad...

It's actually too bad MidAtlantic wasn't a seperate airline. I think everyone would agree that if it was, it was a hell of a better airline than US Airways. What a shame.

Judging by this thread, why would anyone want to work at US Airways. The MDA F/As may have forgotten the awful working enviornment that "mainline mainline" US Airways is for flight attendants. Some nice folks, but the majority poisonously mean spirited people in the twilight of thier lives with no work experience but flight attending, and no way to get out. Probably just waiting for the better attitude MDA F/As to return so they can eat them alive. The attitude on this thread is apalling and makes me really sad...
Sad to say that most topics on Airways have alot of the same angry bitter people. No matter what subject it always turns to personal attacks against each other.
Most threads turn sour very fast.

you only need to read this thread to see where it all went wrong. pitbull says in response # 78

"MAA IS NOT EXPRESS"

and

"Regardless of what was written on the side of the a/c, it was said very frequentely to management DO NOT CALL THESE F/AS EXPRESS...THEY ARE NOT EXPRESS, BUT A DIVISION OF MAINLINE."

then in response # 91 she says

"You were not mainline."

ok then which is it. what are we. i called the taxman and my tax id # says i work for us airways inc, and your contract says it covers ALL usairways inc flight attendants. everyone remember that afa is being sued too. here they are acting like they didnt even know we were asked to "pretend" that we worked for an express carrier by management- how did they miss that? it said it on the airplane, the safety cards and the announcement booklets even though no one ever said it.

as for the other guy he's a shitstirrer under this name and when he was firstamenment and whoever else he has been. midatlantic f/as are "loosers" not losers - his spelling. i guess we are loose so we are sluts, i dont know. we don't have STDs thats for sure. he said america west f/as are "back stabbing, emotionless, smiling bafoons." he just doesnt like anyone lets leave him alone and let him call us more names.

at least he kept our topic going for 7 pages to raise awareness of the midatlantic situation! :up:

thanks again to our customers who fly us airways and especially the midatlantic planes. we look forward to seeing you all again sometime soon on a future US Airways flight!

I'm sorry to tell you but I have a job. And you think we're all loosers? Why are you on this thread if it has nothing to do with you? Why are you so worried about our problems? Deal with your own unless you have nothing else to do w/ your time. WE never asked for YOUR support or sympathy. This is a thread on maa. We know the facts. Why should we consistantly repeat ourselves? Pitbull swears up and down that we were never ever told we were considered express. I let pitbull know what was written on maa announcements and never received a comment back. Cause she doesn't know what she's talking about.

Hey, you are right. You have all the answers and know how everything was. Far be it for me who was in the front row seat to share the facts that I know are rue.I guess your the hisorian who gave the attorneys their facts.

Good luck to you, and don't give up your day job. :up: