MANAGEMENT Questions and Answers

Guys Guys...this is like dueling banjos.... Rick Shubb trying to out do his mentor and master Earl Scruggs.

It ain’t going to happen. The IAM is your destiny least you leave the industry because the other unions are in a condition of decay trying desperately to win your confidence gaining enough life to get thru another dismal year looking for yet new fresh blood. They are like vampires and you keeping fooling around and you too will become infected.

Has management answered any questions on this thread yet?

Granted, official answers aren't often given out except through the channels management creates (sort of like the Secret Service arresting all but properly vetted attendees at Bush events). But this is a forum.

If they care what the employees think, make this an official channel for information.

Has management answered any questions on this thread yet?

Granted, official answers aren't often given out except through the channels management creates (sort of like the Secret Service arresting all but properly vetted attendees at Bush events). But this is a forum.

If they care what the employees think, make this an official channel for information.

Good idea..OR how about this...allow a us airways board thru compass or hub. obviously we would have to sign in with our user names and passwords, but it would be a faster way for everyone to see everyone's questions and corp answers instead of them picking and choosing the questions and answers to put in compass/hub, we would see them all.

Good idea..OR how about this...allow a us airways board thru compass or hub. obviously we would have to sign in with our user names and passwords, but it would be a faster way for everyone to see everyone's questions and corp answers instead of them picking and choosing the questions and answers to put in compass/hub, we would see them all.
I like this idea too. So far I am not overly impressed with anything related to the transition/integration. And unless they start MOVING forward we will be nothing more than TWO separate airlines, with two separate route networks. I can only imagine how the respective customers feel.

Can anyone verify the company doesn't or does pay for relocation expenses or at least help offset the cost of relocating the average worker?

In 2001 I relocated from PHX rez to DEN ato. I was offered no compensation for moving, however this was before 9/11 and I took full advantage of my cargo privlages. My station manager in DEN (tight as he is) did comp my cargo fees however. I had to have a few extra days to move, and getting those covered on a PLOA was like pulling teeth...not sure why, its not like I expected to be paid.

Moving back to PHX, obviously no compensation for moving, no cargo, and this time, they only gave me 1 extra day to move...rough, but I did it!

Now, my experience is on a VOL basis, so not sure how any of this affects those of you affected by closures. Good luck to you, and at the very least, save those receipts for your taxes!!

It has been proven

When AMFA beat the ibt at WN they did not get the right to renegotiate the CBA until the amendable date.

When AMFA beat the IAM at UAL and NWA they did not get to renegotiate the CBAs until the amendable dates.

When PFAA beat the ibt at NWA they did not get the right to renegotiate the CBA until the amendable date.

Don't let the facts get in your way!!!!!
don't foget PI/AL IAM/IBT

Not to be too picky, but what your examples prove is that a single employee group which changes union representation at a single carrier keeps the same contract until the amendable date.

None of your examples involved merging two carriers, with different unions representing the equivalent employees at those two carriers and different contracts for equivalent employee groups.

I'd be the first to admit that full-blown section 6 negotiations don't automatically follow from merging two equivalent employee groups working under two different CBA's, but ALPA is in negotiations now to combine the two separate contracts. That will hopefully result in the combined contract being better than either individual contract, at least in some respects.

I haven't kept up with the AFA, but I believe they either are or will be engaged in the same type of negotiations to achieve a combined contract that hopefully improves on the two separate contracts - at least in some respects.

It's no skin off my nose either way, but it certainly appears that the IAM is trying to accomplish by fiat what they fear they'll be unable to accomplish at the ballot box - preserve their position as bargaining agent for the combined airline along with the dues money that follows. Attempting to deny the membership a vote seems somewhat ironic for an organization that touts it's democratic principles.

Jim

Jim it happened at when US bought PSA, the PSA AMT's were ibt and the US were IAM, the transition agreement just brought the PSA AMTs under the IAM CBA.

STAY TUNED! THIS THREAD IS ABOUT TO GET MORE INTERESTING!!!!

That would have been a much better example, then. Now the questions....

What were the relative numbers on either side in that merger vs the current one?

Was there ever the prospect of a vote on which union would represent the combined AMT's (reference relative numbers above)?

So the PSA IBT agreement was abandoned by agreement. Does that mean the two contracts could have been combined (meaning negotiations over the provisions) but were not?

Jim

PSA was way smaller then US at the time.

The IAM filed single carrier status and was granted by the NMB.

No vote was ever conducted as the PSA AMTs were not 35% of the total workforce.

The transition agreement brought the PSA AMTs under the IAM contract with some modifications as the pay levels were differant.

The two contracts were similar as PSA did its own overhaul as well, unlike the ibt/HP CBA.

I was a newbie back then, I am only going on what I remember, maybe a former PSA AMT can give us more details.

The ibt/PSA contract was abandoned and everyone was brought under the IAM/CBA which at the time was far superior then what either side has now. But at least the current IAM/US CBA only allows some outsourcing, not 100% like the ibt/HP CBA.

Is Piedmont AMT’s under IBT if so did IBT negotiate a new contract if the IAM represented them before?