management writting people up in phx

Let's get some facts here or we'll need to close this one. We don't want to see posting of rumors which just start trouble now do we?

Your first week at awa/usair will be enough to set that stright!!! JUST A FACT!!!! LOL

<SNIP> Also, we have to complete 4 quarters of CBT training every year. If you fail to complete the training ON YOUR OWN TIME before the deadline, you are subject to disiplanary action and or including termination
CBT, computer based training?

What’s that about?

If you call in sick more than once during holidays, they call it a "pattern", and results in double discipline, whether it be the same holiday, or a year later with in the same time frame!!
That sounds like one of Dean Wormer’s ideas.

What’s that about?

Yes we have CBT, and it is required by us POOR fa's on the WEST to complete every quarter on OUR OWN TIME! It takes at least an hour our two to complete each session. We get paid minimal credit for each session, plus we are required one day of recurrent each year. WE have to use the companies computers or our own. No pay for either!! :angry:
If I am wrong, you guys out East still fill out a packet and attend recurrent???

Who is DEAN?
:blink:

What’s that about?

This type of "progressive discipline" was SOP in Res, someone in inflight management must be conferring with one of the management "talents" in customer service. Here's an example their expertise, the written verbal warning, that's a classic

Yes fa's are getting in trouble and written up constantly. The latest is sick calls near a holiday period, whether it be labor day or christmas. If you call in sick within 4 days of the major holidays, you will be requested to submit a doctor's note. If you call in sick more than once during holidays, they call it a "pattern", and results in double discipline, whether it be the same holiday, or a year later with in the same time frame!! Plain ridiculous. Our Union 66 seems to think it is okay to let mgmt take futher advantage of us when we are sick. Also, we have to complete 4 quarters of CBT training every year. If you fail to complete the training ON YOUR OWN TIME before the deadline, you are subject to disiplanary action and or including termination. Add the two things together?? Progressive ways to take advantage and harass US fa's!! :angry:
Inflight mgmt styles need to change out West. Start treating us like working humans, and not grade school children on playground. Our council is so weak, useless most times in mandatory meetings because our contract is SO outdated, and poorly written!! Inflight constantly makes up there own rules and Of course we suffer the consequences. You guys out East have no idea how they try to run us down with there gutless tactics, and disregard to the workforce!! :down: :down: We are paid like sh!t, and treated even worse. Amazing the stepford it causes??!! :rolleyes:

This type of "progressive discipline" was SOP in Res, someone in inflight management must be conferring with one of the management "talents" in customer service. Here's an example their expertise, the written verbal warning, that's a classic

If I am wrong, you guys out East still fill out a packet and attend recurrent???

Who is DEAN?
:blink:
It’s been a while, but yes from what I recall. There was some material that needed to be completed at home and turned in during Recurrent.

Dean Wormer likes to put people on Double Secret Probation. I thought he was burned at the stake at Berkeley, but I guess he’s running Inflight out west now.

lp0d6rf2.gif

Yes fa's are getting in trouble and written up constantly. The latest is sick calls near a holiday period, whether it be labor day or christmas. If you call in sick within 4 days of the major holidays, you will be requested to submit a doctor's note. If you call in sick more than once during holidays, they call it a "pattern", and results in double discipline, whether it be the same holiday, or a year later with in the same time frame!! Plain ridiculous. Our Union 66 seems to think it is okay to let mgmt take futher advantage of us when we are sick. Also, we have to complete 4 quarters of CBT training every year. If you fail to complete the training ON YOUR OWN TIME before the deadline, you are subject to disiplanary action and or including termination. Add the two things together?? Progressive ways to take advantage and harass US fa's!! :angry:
Inflight mgmt styles need to change out West. Start treating us like working adults, and not grade school children!
Our council is so weak, useless most times in mandatory meetings because our contract is SO outdated, and poorly written!! Inflight constantly makes up there own rules and Of course we suffer the consequences. You guys out East have no idea how they try to run us down with there gutless tactics, and disregard to the workforce!! :down: :down: We are paid like sh!t, and treated even worse. Amazing the stepford it causes??!! :rolleyes:

That Dr's note for a sick call within 4 days of a holiday won't fly "back east." Unless it's your 5th sick call in rolling 12 month year, a supervisor must document that they have a reasonable belief that the sick call is not legitimate before they can request a Dr's note, and then the company must pay for the flight attendant's doctor's visit.

It’s been a while, but yes from what I recall. There was some material that needed to be completed at home and turned in during Recurrent.

Dean Wormer likes to put people on Double Secret Probation. I thought he was burned at the stake at Berkeley, but I guess he’s running Inflight out west now.

lp0d6rf2.gif
I thought you were a fa on the East, no? OR past?

That Dr's note for a sick call within 4 days of a holiday won't fly "back east." Unless it's your 5th sick call in rolling 12 month year, a supervisor must document that they have a reasonable belief that the sick call is not legitimate before they can request a Dr's note, and then the company must pay for the flight attendant's doctor's visit.
Our sick days are ONE day, not a whole trip. When you reach 10 sick days in a rolling year, you get called into the office. IF the company requests a doctor's note, yes they have to pay for the visit. They only request doctor's notes around the holidays. Call in sick within the 4day grace period of any legal holiday one or more times is considered a "pattern", and progressive discipline will follow regardless of the other sick days in the year. :down:

Considering that the majority of the inflight management team came to our department from reservations, your statement speaks volumes. They have no inflight experience with exception of attending the initial inflight training course. They have never worked a trip or experienced the pain of flying with a cold, the flu, a sinus infection or blocked ears (which, unknown to them, is usually rampant in the wintertime when the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays occur). They have never had to endure a 14 hour duty day only to follow that up with a reduced to eight hours minimum rest layover in a noisy, cheap airport hotel only to follow that with another 13 to 14 hour day with only 5 hours of sleep the night prior. They have never been rerouted or been subjected to the abuse of scheduling. They have never spent a day on reserve.

Yet they are the "experts" on issuing written warnings, suspensions and terminations. We see this time and time again as flight attendants. Yes, many of us do fly scared :unsure: because one single mistake can ruin a career over here...or at least tarnish a record forever! It has been like that on the West side for years. Most of us have learned to adapt to their "Stalinist" way of doing things.

As for AFA representation...it has grown very weak over here. I still can't imagine how bad things would get without AFA, but it could be better. AFA elections are coming up soon, and fortunately we have some real powerhouses in the running who won't take flack from the Company. It will be a welcome change, but only if our Flight Attendants make sure to vote the right people into office.

You guys at LCC have it easy! (To paraphrase President Clinton, Define easy. :lol: ) For AA f/as, 2 absences of any kind (sick, PO--personal other (like when my house burned down)) in a rolling 12 month period progresses you to "Coaching and Counseling", a 3rd absence gets you First Written Warning, the next absence gets Second Written Warning, next absence (5th in 12 months) puts you in Pre-Termination status!

If a single sick call occurrence is more than 3 days, you can convert it to FMLA and it is not a chargeable occurrence (i.e., will not progress you to the next level), but the time is still deducted from your sick bank. This is the company's way to burn your sick leave and your FMLA time at the same time.

We also are not paid for recurrent or the on-line "training" we have to do prior to attending recurrent. I think they get away with that because it is "FAA-required." It's not the company making you attend, it's the government. :lol:

You guys at LCC have it easy! (To paraphrase President Clinton, Define easy. :lol: ) For AA f/as, 2 absences of any kind (sick, PO--personal other (like when my house burned down)) in a rolling 12 month period progresses you to "Coaching and Counseling", a 3rd absence gets you First Written Warning, the next absence gets Second Written Warning, next absence (5th in 12 months) puts you in Pre-Termination status!

If a single sick call occurrence is more than 3 days, you can convert it to FMLA and it is not a chargeable occurrence (i.e., will not progress you to the next level), but the time is still deducted from your sick bank. This is the company's way to burn your sick leave and your FMLA time at the same time.

We also are not paid for recurrent or the on-line "training" we have to do prior to attending recurrent. I think they get away with that because it is "FAA-required." It's not the company making you attend, it's the government. :lol:

Wow...some things have not changed since I worked for American back in the Eighties! You're right about that one...attendance was monitored with an iron fist...even back then! The only exceptions I could find were the fact that we didn't have the luxury of FMLA back in the day. Online training prior to EPTs (do they still call recurrent EPTs?) was a workbook if I recall correctly.

Loved the post so much I changed my avitar! Now here in good ole Philly, write ups are like using toilet paper. What exactly do they accomplish? If the company thinks it gives them an edge it doesn't. It just brings the morale lower and lower and lower....

Back