Manhattan Based Management

AWW, you poor guy. How ever will you manage :rolleyes:

We're managing just fine thanks.

Boy, you really know how to gin up sympathy, don't you.
I'm not looking for sympathy, thanks. I brought up the subject to help the unionists understand that everyone makes sacrifices and need to resilient in the event of weather. After all, its the fault of the union for not including a more favorable clause to protect against WX or other IRROPs preventing workers from getting to work.

Were the teachers docked pay? I am willing to wager that they were not.

I assume not since they are salary for the entire academic year. They also happen to be non-union and have fared better than the union represented employee posters here.
Josh, my company has no snow policy yet during the ice storm the senior mangt. made the decision to close the office. All staff will be paid for the 2 days.

As for your daughter's school: Most if not all schools have snow days built into the yearly schedule so you will receive "value" for the lost days. The teachers and staff will be paid and your daughter will not lose a day (or more) of learning.

As for AA losing revenue: a good portion of the revenue will be recooped during rebookings. The tickets have been paid for so both pax and company will see their "value". I would call it "the cost of doing business". That is why AA probably has very good tax accountants...

Private schools in MA and elsewhere aren't held to state guidelines for schedules and curriculum so the time won't be made up.

As a parent, I take on the expense of providing my daughter a quality education only to find school be closed when weather wouldn't have impacted the drive. Besides many of the other families live in nearby Newton or Brookline and often walk their children to school. I expected more than what the AFT-owned "public" schools can provide...for all I know the AFT has a snow days built in to their contract

Did you call the Superintendant and tell him that you were an Executive Platinum and Concierge Key? That always seems to impress all of us on here in every one of your posts.

MikeBos

No need. They don't need to know or care about my status with AA. I did however talk to a friend on the board of trustees who said that closing due to weather is at the discretion of the school director and the board can't intervene what so ever.

Josh

As for AA losing revenue: a good portion of the revenue will be recooped during rebookings. The tickets have been paid for so both pax and company will see their "value". I would call it "the cost of doing business". That is why AA probably has very good tax accountants...

Not necessarily. Plenty of trips became pointless. Funerals happened anyway even if some family members couldn't get there. Weddings happened even though some didn't make it. Business meetings happened without some of the particpants. Plenty of other trips in vain weren't taken, and that's going to cost the airlines upwards of $600 million in revenue, according to the analysts quoted in this article:

While grounding a flight erases some costs, the savings and rebooked fares won’t offset all of the lost revenue because some travelers will abandon their trips. Consultant Cordle, who is based in Clifton, Virginia, assumes that 70 percent to 90 percent of fliers change their travel dates instead of seeking refunds, so airlines keep most of the revenue on their books.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-07/airline-losses-may-top-600-million-on-record-u-s-cancellations.html?cmpid=yhoo

Latest posts