March 22 Crew News With Scott Kirby

Was the VP of Inflight there? Rumor this morning when I checked in was she could not answer anything and finally some girl stood up and said "what can you answer?". Hope they put the entire thing on the hub UNedited.

I think that chances of that ending up on the video are slim to none..

.... tlv is slated to start next summer. so look for some 330-200's coming to the fleet soon. just my opinion form what i was told....

It's not that I (or anyone else I assume) doesn't believe you, it's just that your understanding in some cases is a little inconsistent with what has recently been stated. The recent statements could in fact be the incorrect versions. For example, the 330-200s are not scheduled to start delivery until mid-late 2009 and the US 333s cannot reach TLV without significant load compromises. Consequently, in order for US to start PHL-TLV in 2008, they would need to get the existing 767-200ERs recertified by Boeing for the additional range (MTOW upgrade) and use those. So unless US has pulled some miracle out of a hat and secretly got Airbus to deliver at least 2 330-200s early next year, you won't see one on PHL-TLV until at least 2009.

When they make the decision between the two, it will be 20+ firm orders.
So right now they have 20 "firm" orders with Boeing, and 20 "firm" orders with Airbus, and LCC will ultimately decide to dump one of them?

Again, doesn't sound too "firm," at least from the manufacturer's point of view. I would think "firm" means you have committed to a manufacturer to buy 20 of the manufacturer's aircraft, period, with maybe some sort of "out" clause for extenuating circumstances. I wouldn't think "because we haven't made up our mind yet between you and your competitor" would cut it as a "firm" order. But maybe "firm" means something different in the aircraft marketplace.

So right now they have 20 "firm" orders with Boeing, and 20 "firm" orders with Airbus, and LCC will ultimately decide to dump one of them?

Again, doesn't sound too "firm," at least from the manufacturer's point of view. I would think "firm" means you have committed to a manufacturer to buy 20 of the manufacturer's aircraft, period, with maybe some sort of "out" clause for extenuating circumstances. I wouldn't think "because we haven't made up our mind yet between you and your competitor" would cut it as a "firm" order. But maybe "firm" means something different in the aircraft marketplace.
Again, when they decide on which company to go with, they will be placing 20+ FIRM orders for that type of aircraft. What is confusing you? :blink:

Really. What is so confusing to you? When they decide on acrft type they will make a firm order. What is so hard to understand?

It's not that I (or anyone else I assume) doesn't believe you, it's just that your understanding in some cases is a little inconsistent with what has recently been stated. The recent statements could in fact be the incorrect versions. For example, the 330-200s are not scheduled to start delivery until mid-late 2009 and the US 333s cannot reach TLV without significant load compromises. Consequently, in order for US to start PHL-TLV in 2008, they would need to get the existing 767-200ERs recertified by Boeing for the additional range (MTOW upgrade) and use those. So unless US has pulled some miracle out of a hat and secretly got Airbus to deliver at least 2 330-200s early next year, you won't see one on PHL-TLV until at least 2009.
well i was told that tlv will be better served using an a330-200. so my guess is that the 200's will be coming faster than we think.