MARCH 31st?????

D3o2r8kdrvr

Dec 13, 2002
The Boston Globe today is reporting that emergence from bankruptcy on schedule is at best an ambitious goal.
Is the end near?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/9/2003 2:16:47 PM usfliboi wrote:

The sky is falling the sky is falling!!!! I bet you it will happen on the 31st......
----------------
[/blockquote]

I bet we will emerge from BK ON TIME!

The sky is falling the sky is falling!!!! I bet you it will happen on the 31st......

Most news pundits betting U and AMR will not make it if USA goes to war...in the next week or so..
No doubt interenational travel to europe will be low..maybe they could implement every other day schedules..
No doubt flights will be cut drasticly...
Maybe they should sell cheap tickets to caribbean and use 767 and the 330's

who knows

new moon on 4/1/03....no ground war until we have darkness.look for about 2 weeks at keeping the iraqi's on their toes,then 4 days to pound them,then ground attack on or about 4/1.

With todays Military Technology....I do not see the light of the moon being any issue in regards to launching either an air war ...or a ground attack on Iraq. This is not June 6th 1944. Even Paratroopers can be dropped in by AWADS technology (Adverse Weather Aerial Delivery System) Radar.

Back to the subject at hand. I too have to wonder about our ambitious goals for a March 31st emergence from BK.

(1) The Pilots Pension issue is still not resolved to anyones...or either sides satisfaction

(2) I speculate that we will be engaged in Combat....in one form or another (Air War...or combined Air/ Ground War within the next 14 days. The issue being proposed by Britain for a March 17th deadline for Saddams "Full Compliance" with Resolution 1441....regardless of it's merits....or limited chances of being approved by the UN Security Council ..still looms as a realistic timeframe for both the US and Britain. (IMHO) I do not think Bush gives a hoot about France's opinion...or Germanys. The Russians are just another added distraction for him to ignore as well. The man has set his jaws for this conflict.....and the wheels are in motion.

With just those two issues having yet to be resolved or acted upon....We still have a long way to go yet. I do not for a scant second...begin to rule out another round of "Force Majuer" layoffs....and drastic cuts within our route system , once war is declared or inacted. I would imagine that more sweeping measures could befall us...under a wartime / extended BK timeframe as well.

The possibilities are limitless....this makes the U buying UA assets theories , all the funnier to me. Before we do any actual growing or aquiring of anything...We need to have our own house in order. Need an example of what I'm talking about? Reflect back on the multiple issues and headaches/heartaches brought on by the mergers. That was a classic example of not having a workable plan in place....You gotta look before you leap!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/9/2003 4:48:53 PM mlt wrote:

Aog-N-It,

I agree 100% with what you are writing. Question......

Our corporate executives are scheduled to receive 7% of the corporate stock upon emergence from bankruptcy (projected value in the 55 million dollar range). Michelle Bryant is scheduled to leave the company on March 31. If we are not out of bankruptcy on that date, does she receive the stock once we emerge? The reason for the question is the minimal lump-sum (associated with profits in 2006/07) that f/a's are to receive require that we are still working on the property. I can't help but wonder if the language is the same?
----------------
[/blockquote]
MLT, Sorry but I'm not qualified to awnser such a question. I haven't the faintest clue as to what Ms. Bryant is entitled too. The Irony I see in this rolls back to the 6 million dollars in bonuses that were awarded to "Retain" Top Level Leadership. Did Ms.Bryant recieve any portion of this? ...and if so? Does this mean her share would be forfitted by leaving the company so soon after recieving her share of the 6 Mil? [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/7.gif']

Aog-N-It,
I agree 100% with what you are writing. Question......

Our corporate executives are scheduled to receive 7% of the corporate stock upon emergence from bankruptcy (projected value in the 55 million dollar range). Michelle Bryant is scheduled to leave the company on March 31. If we are not out of bankruptcy on that date, does she receive the stock once we emerge? The reason for the question is the minimal lump-sum (associated with profits in 2006/07) that f/a's are to receive require that we are still working on the property. I can't help but wonder if the language is the same?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/9/2003 5:54:44 PM DELLDUDE wrote:

AOG: we own the night in IRAQ..watch and see.
----------------
[/blockquote]

DELLDUDE,
That was exactly my point Sir. The absence of the Moon...or any other conditions will be of no real concern to us. Infrared only needs a heat source to work with.

Most navigation...if not all will be done by GPS....the desert is not easy to navigate by conventional methods...as noted in the 1991 war.

We will have some small issues to contend with in regards to laser guidance and optical oriented weapons....When Not If Saddam blows up his own Oil Fields. This to will be dealt with.

The issue of the northern most oil fields was a major reason for the need for Turkish bases as a jump off point. They of course use the ploy that it's about keeping the Turks and The Kurdish people apart....but it still boils down to having a clear shot at lessoning the damage to the oil reserves at Saddams whimsical disposal.

My bet is...Should Turkey continue to refuse the admission of our 4th US Infantry division for the northern jump off point? Look to see the 101st Airborne (Air Assault) be moved to the northern regions rapidly. This is already being discussed in the press....but the real trump card for a quick seizure is the less mentioned US 82nd Airborne division. The *2nd does not need the same time to mobilize , as do other conventional army divisions....18 hours puts them anywhere on earth. (Hince the motto...The world is my drop zone ).

They don't need a land based jumping off point other than Pope AFB N.C. The 82nd only has one battalion of approximately 1800 men in Afghanistan presently....that means that thier are give or take 16,000 other Paratroopers from the division waiting to go when called upon.

They final forced entry weapon will of course be the 3 battalions of Rangers at 1800 per battalion. The 75th Ranger Regiment provides a heck of a "Kick in the door policy"

Having played apart in such a forced entry siezure before....I can tell you that Airborne forces are a heck of a force multiplier.....and they are going to see plenty of use soon. You can bank on it!! Just don't count on banking 5% of your salary for awhile. Color it gone....and plan accordingly

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/9/2003 8:00:08 PM DELLDUDE wrote:

101&82 drop in bagdad int'l a/p...
----------------
[/blockquote]
Dell, The 101st Airborne division ...is that in name only. They traded thier parachutes for helicopters back in the 1970's. Hince the need for thier 260+ Helicopters being flown from Ft. Campbell Ky. to Jacksonville Fl. for the ocean voyage to Kuwait. (time consuming movement)

Also...look to see northern Iraqi air bases being siezed in the wee hours of fighting too! This will decrease the time by air-bridging from Kuwait and Qatar into the theatre of battle.

I look to see the areas presently under the Northern and Southern "No Fly Zones" , collapse like a wet paper bag too. The fight will really be in the urban areas...and against the "Republican Guards" that will be in them.

yeah,look for the 101 and 82 setting up station at saddam int'l a/p...i think turkey no vote is a smoke screen for saddams benefit.spec ops probably already out side north oilfields too.see ya!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/9/2003 6:20:50 PM AOG-N-IT wrote:
The absence of the Moon...or any other conditions will be of no real concern to us. Infrared only needs a heat source to work with. [/blockquote]

I hate to belabor a point, but the phase of the Moon would in fact be of critical import to our ground war tactics. We would want to launch our ground offensive on the nights of the new Moon (i.e. no or very little moonlight.). Why?

Think about it! We're the ones with the higher tech level of weaponry (night vision, IR, etc.). In that position, why not take advantage of that and make sure your enemy has as little natural light to work with as is possible? It's called maximizing your advantage. We can see them, they can't see us. Why not exploit it if we've got it?

Aerial/cruise missile assault begins March 17/18, ground war April 1.

(as ironic as this might seem) Peace!!!