Mark Foley. Cover up?

How not judging at all? How someone conducts their life is no ones business but their own. The only exception is when your life style or actions affect me directly. If someone chooses to marry someone of the same sex, that is no one business but their own. If someone chooses to light up a cigarette in a restaurant seated next to me on in a separate room with a shared air supply, that affects me. If a public official solicits a minor with the intend of seduction or sexual contact, that affects society as a whole and therefore IMO, affects me as well.

700 and his ilk enjoy the luxury of judging others based on their antiquated, bigoted views. For the most part I just shrug it off. I have ceased even commenting on his drivel due to the fact that 1. He is of the opinion that he knows he is right and there for will not even entertain other points of view and 2. He feels that he has the right to condemn others for their beliefs (or lack there of), life styles … etc and 3. By responding to people like him it perpetuates his response. By ignoring him, perhaps he will find some other forum to spew his rhetoric.

Personally I could care less what ones religious or sexual preferences are. The people I consider my friends are of various races, religious beliefs, sexual orientations. We have some grand arguments about politics and religion. No one judges me and I do not judge them. We rarely agree but we always learn from each other.

Sorry, spelling error on the 1st one. Meant to say precedent. No reference was intended to your fearless leader.
Sit down...don't let it get around but I regularly vote for dem's....my local state rep is no.1 and a dem,and I do not agree with everything Bush does....also saw some excellent leadership in Bill....told you...sit down ;)

Please, just because you are homophobic does not mean that I am. I have never equated homosexuality with any type of perversion.
I'm not homophobic either....have met and enjoyed many of either sexual preference as friends and aquaintences over the years.Your comment surey leant in that direction to some i'd think

As for not breaking any laws, I guess the courts will have to decide that. I fail to see how soliciting a minor cannot be a violation of the law. Would it be ok for a 60 year old to solicit a 10 year old? You would not want to see that person in jail? A minor is a minor, whether 1 year old or 17. It is the age which we as a society have set. As I intended to state earlier, I am not very comfortable with the precedent that would set.

I'd ay what the guy did was highly questionable,improper and morally wrong...but also it still appears no laws were broken...so what do you do?

I'd ay what the guy did was highly questionable,improper and morally wrong...but also it still appears no laws were broken...so what do you do?

Well if no laws were broken, then as KC points out 'judge not, lest ye be judged' Let the Good Lord make the final call. Like it or not we all get to visit the other side and will stand accountable, if not at worst you get to enjoy an eternal dirt nap. :up:

Question. Isn’t solicitation a crime? The police conduct stings all the time posing as hookers to bust "Johns". Is it only solicitation if money is offered? I would hope that any adult soliciting a minor is guilt of breaking the law. I am not a lawyer so I do not know the answer. Perhaps someone on here knows one and can ask ( a lawyer not a John J)

Assuming that no crimes were broken, then all that can be done has been done. He is out of office and no criminal charges will be brought. The rest of the penalties will be dealt by public opinion.

As for my comment ‘leaning in that direction", that was an assumption on your part. At no time did I address his sexual preference. I have only taken issue with the fact that he is an adult who was soliciting minors. As far as I recall, I have never addressed the fact that he was gay other then when he came out and said that he was abused, he was gay and the one other thing he admitted to shortly after he was exposed. And even then, it was only a statement of fact, no commentary was offered by on his sexual preference.

I can say from many years experience watching Cops that the monetary thing makes a bingo...the casual asking doesn't do anything until a price is agreed upon.

Also,these new stings against pedophiles are not consumated until the predator agrees to meet the victim at a desired location...If they show up,they go down.I'd guess then they are exhibiting criminal intent by showing up.

As to the other...ok,whatever... ;)

I can say from many years experience watching Cops that the monetary thing makes a bingo...the casual asking doesn't do anything until a price is agreed upon.

Also,these new stings against pedophiles are not consumated until the predator agrees to meet the victim at a desired location...If they show up,they go down.I'd guess then they are exhibiting criminal intent by showing up.

Assuming that is correct, I would say someone needs to start changing some laws. IMO the current set up as described above places minors in jeopardy.

As to the other...ok,whatever... ;)
Ive always loved that show, watching the bad guy get his nads wrapped around his neck. :up:

Pedophiles deserve the same fate as jeffery dahmer, and you have nailed it delldude. It is only a crime when action is taken, anyone can dream of robbing fort knox but until they show up with intent to do the deed its all smack.

Ive always loved that show, watching the bad guy get his nads wrapped around his neck. :up:

Pedophiles deserve the same fate as jeffery dahmer, and you have nailed it delldude. It is only a crime when action is taken, anyone can dream of robbing fort knox but until they show up with intent to do the deed its all smack.

So if I just talk about assinating the president the secret service will not be knocking on my door?

Well if no laws were broken, then as KC points out 'judge not, lest ye be judged' Let the Good Lord make the final call. Like it or not we all get to visit the other side and will stand accountable, if not at worst you get to enjoy an eternal dirt nap. :up:
Yes...but I kind of think that in the good Lord's eyes, a man who promoted himself as being "good for the children" and sponsoring online predator laws and stiff sentences of child molesters, as being, dare I say, a wee bit hypocritical in his actions? That's the thing...Foley most likely ran against a "Godless democrat" on the "moral values" platform. Not judging here...just pointing out that if you are going to run as a good moral person, it's a good idea to live a good moral life. "Flirting" with underage boys may not be illegal - but would you be happy if it was YOUR son he was flirting with?

How dare you judge people. Judgement belongs to God only. You are not God. You do not know the relationship these people have with God. That is between them and God. Only God knows what is in their hearts. You've spoken your mind now don't you think it's time to give it a rest and let God do his work, lest you be judged also. I don't know how you rationalize your rhetoric, but if I was a non-believer I would question the example you set.
You shall know them by their fruits and your fruits along with the other leftist freaks on here stink like boiling sewage which will be your main dish deep down in eternal darkness. This is no judgment, it's only seeing what's ahead on your path, if you open your eyes you will see it too. But you and the others on here are too stubborn, or maybe just too stupid to comprehend reality.

You shall know them by their fruits and your fruits along with the other leftist freaks on here stink like boiling sewage which will be your main dish deep down in eternal darkness. This is no judgment, it's only seeing what's ahead on your path, if you open your eyes you will see it too. But you and the others on here are too stubborn, or maybe just too stupid to comprehend reality.
YOu "know" me from a dozen posts. God knows me from 365 days for 50 years. I feel pretty confident that when I face God and you face God, I'll have my own set of sins to atone for...and you'll have quite a few yourself. The difference is...I won't be surprised. You will. Unless your name is Jesus, and your mom and dad are named Mary and Joseph - we all have sin. I admit it - you don't. You can call him your lord and saviour all you want - you still have sin - and you will have to face him in the end. Of the sins I have - hypocrisy isn't one of them.

Keep talking all you want but you lack any credibility.

YOu "know" me from a dozen posts. God knows me from 365 days for 50 years. I feel pretty confident that when I face God and you face God, I'll have my own set of sins to atone for...and you'll have quite a few yourself. The difference is...I won't be surprised. You will. Unless your name is Jesus, and your mom and dad are named Mary and Joseph - we all have sin. I admit it - you don't. You can call him your lord and saviour all you want - you still have sin - and you will have to face him in the end. Of the sins I have - hypocrisy isn't one of them.
You need to buy a Bible Study manual...you are totally and completely lost and confused in your understanding of who Jesus is and why he was here.

Keep talking all you want but you lack any credibility.
Credibility is a measure in our mind only, which means nothing to me. The final court of arbitration doesn’t read like a PC self help book with a snow job agenda you are reading which is turning your mind and soul to mash potatoes. The road to Heaven is very narrow and it’s not surprising your kind mock truth while determining your destiny with this worldly attitude. Might as well indulge your self now while you can, you are doomed forever after anyway, halfway doesn’t count, and you are not being counted.

Back