Marooned By US Airways

Hula,

If you're talking about Boeing Boy, you are 100% right..and he is a nice guy too!!!!

He hit the nail on the head. We realize that Bear is in the minority, and we greatly appreciate the job done my the other 99.9% of the front line folks, who are basically the reason we have stayed around.

My temporary departure last year of over $9000, and about 30,000 miles was designed to send a message-it did and they listened.

I have faith that US will find its way eventually and am willing to let that happen. My final decision whether to stay or go will depend on the final form they take--but I am confident it will be a strong successful airline which provides that little bit extra to its most loyal customers.

My best to you all....

I was indeed referring to boeing boy. I've never seen the guy post anything negative...even when it is deserved!!!
He always takes the upper road. I wish we had more people around like that. (that will shock him coming from a scheduler, hehehe)

We will turn this thing around Art, and I appreciate your and other customers support. I greatly appreciate the fact that you realize that it will take time for the vision to become a reality.

Thanks for sticking with us!
Fly the USA on USAir(ways)

Hula Guy,

My colleagues at FFOCUS and I look forward to taking an active part in helping that vision become reality.

We hope the new management takes us up on our offer to open a line of communication with those who really want to know what frequent customers want or expect.

As I have said in other threads, I recently had the unexpected pleasure of meeting DP, and he did invite me to call him directly. I plan to do so at the appropriate time.

My best to you and your colleagues. Should you want to know more about my side of the aisle at any time, feel free to contact me either here or by email.

Regards,

I was indeed referring to boeing boy. I've never seen the guy post anything negative...even when it is deserved!!!
He always takes the upper road. I wish we had more people around like that. (that will shock him coming from a scheduler, hehehe)

We will turn this thing around Art, and I appreciate your and other customers support. I greatly appreciate the fact that you realize that it will take time for the vision to become a reality.

Thanks for sticking with us!
Fly the USA on USAir(ways)
I think it's time for BoeingBoy to be upgraded to BoeingMan. ;) Very classy and poignant posts.

Convenient nonstop schedules from PIT? What are you smoking dude?? The lack of nonstops from PIT and some of your fares are what have driven me to United and now Midwest (that coupled with my refusal to set foot in PHL for any connection).
Are you saying UA and Midwest offer nonstops to more destinations from PIT than USAirways does?

Are you sure I am the one smoking something?

Ron White said it best,

"you can't fix stupid"
Don't worry Bob. Most here realized long ago that you can't be fixed.

Just don't present your Hobson's choice - pay the fares (and shut up) or go somewhere else (and by the way, shut up). Many of us want to keep these customers and would like to see management take a more proactive role in accomplishing that goal. Your kibitzing, while your right, only serves to make achieving that goal harder.
No problem Jim.

Hey, promise them everything, and charge them nothing. I guess airlines can always continue to fund unrealistic passenger expectations with more employee wage and benefit cuts.

Hey, promise them everything, and charge them nothing.

Surely you jest! How about this instead - charge everyone super high fares and give nothing. Something like $10-$20 per mile for their ticket, no beverage service, no snacks, no baggage, no to everything but a seat. And what a seat - 7 across on the narrow bodies, 27 inch pitch. We could probably pack in 160 or so on a 300/319, maybe make 400 on the 330. Boy, LCC would rake in the cash then - it'd probably be coming in faster than they could count it. Probably be able to give everyone a raise - $250K a year sounds good (pilots double that, of course!!!). Make it for life - no need for any pesky retirement plan then. Free medical forever, too. They'd still have money left over for truly obscene management bonuses and executive perks.

Seriously, though - I must have missed the FF posts complaining about having to pay for tickets or lamenting the lack of caviar, Dom Perignon, dancing girls, etc.

And here I was thinking that all they wanted was equivalent services for equivalent fares or lower fares for lower services. Oh yes, and an answer to their communications. Silly me......

Jim

So, what the hell happened with this flight? Agents told the passengers they would be compensated 600 euros. The agents in FRA are not employees of US Airways. My point is, the company should have done the right thing, paid what was promised then make damn sure these contract employees get the rules straight and don't ever do that again. It's just stupid, it would have cost less to do the right thing than endure the bad publicity. I am getting the feeling Tempe doesn't quite understand "Euro speak" yet.

Eye

I doubt that this was a "Tempe thing" as you call it. I think that if more than one person had said "we were promised ...." it would have been honored and the problem corrected through training.

Are you saying UA and Midwest offer nonstops to more destinations from PIT than USAirways does?

Are you sure I am the one smoking something?
Don't worry Bob. Most here realized long ago that you can't be fixed.

Actually no that's not what I was saying. When you combine the lack of service, lack of flights and higher fares, that's when the competition looks good. However it just so happens that UA and Midwest offer better schedules and service and fares to where I am traveling to on a regular basis right now.

And of course Midwest's nonstop 1 hour 30 min flights between PIT and MCI do appeal to me more than a 7 hour trip via CLT. If I do have to connect, ORD is much more convenient when the destination is the midwest vs. first going south to CLT (and I won't even go into that POS PHL).

Allegheny was right....time to hibernate!!

To clarify I point from above, I was not complaining that US was charging more than $2.00 per mile, the other two options were chargin basically the same fare. The point is, if you are paying well above the break-even fare, you expect some service. US happened to be my second choice on this flight. My fist choice was sold out. I chose filghts on 1- schedule 2- equipment 3 - price. Mainly because at last minute purchases price is usually the same between all carriers.

And I agree with others most (90% or better) of the employees understand the value of the VFF revenue, the rest need to be educated, or find other jobs. If they spread their ill will to others, the VFF will be gone execpt where US is the only option.

Potential UA customers if they'd "just stop complaining and leave" US, maybe.....

Jim