It's official

Fixed Wing

Senior
Jun 19, 2004
US AIRWAYS ANNOUNCES NEW SERVICE TO MILAN, ITALY; LISBON, PORTUGAL; AND STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN FROM PHILADELPHIA
February 9, 2006

Today, US Airways customers have more ways to jet off to Europe thanks to new service from Philadelphia to Milan, Italy (MXP); Lisbon, Portugal (LIS); and Stockholm, Sweden (ARN). With this new service - starting in May and June - US Airways offers 19 daily flights to 16 cities in 10 countries throughout Europe.

“Our international presence is a key element that sets the new US Airways apart from other low-cost carriers, and we are thrilled to grow that presence through the service we’re announcing today,â€￾ said US Airways President and CEO Doug Parker. “We are extremely grateful to Philadelphia Mayor John F. Street and Philadelphia Airport Director Charles J. Isdell, who played crucial roles in ensuring our commitment to offer more international destinations to the citizens of Philadelphia and surrounding areas becomes a reality. On behalf of the new US Airways’ 35,000 aviation professionals, we also extend our thanks to the Philadelphia community for continuing to believe in and fly with us.â€￾

The new European service, subject to foreign-government approval, is scheduled as follows:

Market Equipment Flight # Departs Arrives Frequency Season
PHL-MXP Boeing 767 164 4:10 p.m. 6:35 a.m. Daily May 30-open
MXP-PHL Boeing 767 49 9:45 a.m. 1:20 p.m. Daily May 31-open
PHL-ARN Boeing 767 326 5:55 p.m. 8:20 a.m. Daily Jun. 3-Oct. 7
ARN-PHL Boeing 767 327 10:20 a.m. 1:35 p.m. Daily Jun. 4-Oct. 8
PHL-LIS Boeing 757 48 8:10 p.m. 8:15 p.m. 1.3.5.6 Jun. 7-Oct. 27
LIS-PHL Boeing 757 49 10:15 a.m. 1:15 p.m. 2.4.6.7 Jun. 8-Oct. 28
1 - Monday; 2 - Tuesday; 3 - Wednesday; 4 - Thursday; 5 - Friday; 6 - Saturday; 7 - Sunday

Sample fares are listed below:

From To Fare*
Philadelphia Lisbon $649.00
Charlotte Lisbon $892.00
New York City Lisbon $739.00
Phoenix Lisbon $909.00
Orlando Lisbon $960.00
Philadelphia Stockholm $599.00
Charlotte Stockholm $788.00
New York City Stockholm $702.00
Phoenix Stockholm $862.00
Orlando Stockholm $836.00
Philadelphia Milan $649.00
Charlotte Milan $926.00
New York City Milan $841.00
Phoenix Milan $969.00
Orlando Milan $969.00

and these are sample fares! Holy :censored:

Good to see they adjusted PHL-LIS to 4x weekly. I think that's a good move considering the market is there for a PHL-LIS flight, but not that much demand.

So the other 2 752's are going to SNN and GLA?

Where can you find the full European schedule for the summer....the article released says 19 flights to 16 cities? Are we going to have more than 1 flight to any of the original destinations?

Where can you find the full European schedule for the summer....the article released says 19 flights to 16 cities? Are we going to have more than 1 flight to any of the original destinations?

PHL-FRA goes to double daily for the summer.

They used to do PHL-CDG and PHL-LGW twice daily. I don't see it in the schedule load for this summer.

The other 2 flights could be the CLT-FRA and CLT-LGW.

They used to do PHL-CDG and PHL-LGW twice daily. I don't see it in the schedule load for this summer.

The other 2 flights could be the CLT-FRA and CLT-LGW.

Will GLA go year round on the 757 or will US start a new Caribbean route during the Winter to give the 75 some work?

Gaz

I haven't seen anything about additional year round service yet. Also, when you pull up the new LIS flight, they are not selling Envoy Class. Not sure if they haven't decided what the configuration will be or if they will not sell an Envoy product and just roll top tier FF'ers to the bigger seats.

Still some questions to be answered......I have not seen the final summer schedule yet.

Good to see they will have new service. Hopefully your new management will continue the job of the previous management in promoting the company name brand in Europe. I always thought is was a bit ironic that US Airways had lots of recognition in Europe, but not so much at home. A good step in the right direction. I wish you all much profit! :):):):)

Interesting, look where is says MXP service has an open date for the end of service? So if its successful will it continue?

Market Equipment Flight # Departs Arrives Frequency Season
PHL-MXP Boeing 767 164 4:10 p.m. 6:35 a.m. Daily May 30-open
MXP-PHL Boeing 767 49 9:45 a.m. 1:20 p.m. Daily May 31-open