MCIE base closing rumor

B

bagsmasher

I''ve been hearing a lot of talk of MCIE closing next year. AA wants to fly where Southwest doesn''t, so I would guess there will be less demand for narrowbody maintenance as AA trims it''s domestic flight schedule. There would be big savings in going from 3 maintenance bases to 2. Also I hear that the city of Kansas City hasn''t come through with all those millions for upgrades yet. If this happens, I certainly hope it happens soon, as in before the next contract, so that TWA mechanics don''t get system protection to displace AAer''s.

A month ago here in TUL, we heard possible close rumor (unconfirmed by anybody) due MCIE needed much EPA clean-up work and now nobody wants to spend the money.

But, you guys there in MCIE would know if there are any EPA issues.

One thing to consider.

None of the TWA/LLC employees were actually "on the active payroll" as of March 1st, 2001. I think the date was April 10th, 2001.

Thus, they are excluded from the AA/TWU Labor Agreement "Job Security Clause".

This is a scary scenario to say the least. Because shutting down MCI is really the only way to lay-off substantual numbers both cheaper and without creating mass grievances.

Of course we should all remember that the AA/TWU Contract Book Cover is now the correct color.

That would be GRAY, instead of the old blue. At least the cover color now matches the language.

Eric I did not know that you were in Fleet Service? From your posting perspective, you seem to be non-union. This does not mean you could or could not have a Fleet Service contract book. The new mechanic books, I believe are white. The font is very small and hard to read. But it is still red on the inside.........

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/2/2002 3:21:17 PM RV4 wrote:

Buck,

That cover on that mechanic's book is as GREY as language inside.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Hey! This is AMERICAN Airlines, not BA! It's GRAY over here, not "grey". Next you'll be adding 'u's to words that get along perfectly well without them...

Back to the topic started.Do any of the MCIE employees out there hear of any base closings or the EPA problem with the facility?

Latest posts