mco res meeting with Ms Carstairs

True, and I have been furloughed and recalled before, but I just have a difficult time understanding how upper management can honestly believe 1000 agents can handle the entire United States for one airline. Forget regular inquiries to reservations, what about reissues? What about our silver, gold and chairmans preferred? What about our spanish calls? What about 24 hour service? 1,000 agents?.......what are they thinking???!!

This is part of the weakest link at U, the total inabilty of the company to generate calls for the call centers...Delta still has around 7000 res SWA around 5000 res with 366 AC and 35000 employees...Now you see the problem...They are bringing the numbers down to 1000 agents at U because they are unable to generate calls or are now unwilling ...OA knows how to generate calls (and yes they have web sites and ff programs)...

Has she said when this is supposed to happen? I have worked both in res and at the airports for over 16 years and I can't believe management really feels res (the first point of contact for most passengers) is
so unimportant they can risk alienating them more by making them hold for a longer period of time.