Mda Groundschool Shutdown By Faa

PitBull:

In regard to the F/A pay discussion, I do not have both contracts to evaluate, but I based my information on coversations I heard on the van to the hotel between US and WN F/A's and the following column:

WN F/A Pay

In regard to employee productivity, Aviation Daily reported last week:

Labor costs in 1st quarter 2003:
Avg network carrier = 4.12 cents per ASM (CASM)
Highest network carrier = 4.44 CASM (Delta)
Lowest network carrier = 3.27 CASM (Continental)
US Airways = 4.28 CASM
Avg low cost carrier = 2.41 CASM
Highest LCC = 2.82 CASM (Southwest)
Lowest LCC = 1.81 CASM (ATA)

Labor cost as % of total costs in 1st quarter 2003:
Avg network carrier = 34.1%
Highest network carrier = 37.9% (Northwest)
Lowest network carrier = 30.4% (US Airways)
Avg LCC = 30.6%
Highest LCC = 37.6% (Southwest)
Lowest LCC = 21.2% (ATA)

Regards,

Chip

Chip Munn said:
I based my information on coversations I heard on the van to the hotel between US and WN F/A's
Warning: The following is a "wise aleck" comment. Those that are easily insulted need not read further...

WOW! Finally a reliable source! :up:

(sorry folks, I couldn't resist.)

flyin2low said:
I forgot that F/A's don't actually have a limit to their working week. If they are too tired, they might hand out a Coke instead of a Sprite or something.....
That remark WAS very condesending to the flight attendant group. The job as a flight attendant is not soley to pass out cokes. I would think you being God..I mean a pilot would appreciate that fact. We ARE your eyes and ears in the back of the plane. Remeber this when your fat butt is stuck in your seat and you need something from them, you can get it yourself. Also, consider this...if there is ever an accident and you need our help we can look the other way. Afterall, do you know the things we know? NO....didn't think so.

flyin2low said:
Only a year and a half and I'm out of here. Just trying to vent frustrations while I can.B)
Well, doing it on the integrety of your fellow flying partners is certainly NO way to to it. Adjust the attitude.

Just some interesting info for you from a furloughed USAIR F.C.T.I (airbus ground school instructor)

The ground school instructors at MDA are in the same group as mainline, same pay, ect. just another section for the group (TWU)

The senior instructor there is actually the president of the Local 547

number 1 on the U ground school seniority list

kinda makes you wonder about the effectiveness of unions doesn't it :)

ALPA MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - October 19, 2003

This is Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Sunday, October 19th, with one new item.

The FAA has temporarily suspended a check airman ground school class for Mid Atlantic. There were problems with the consistency of some of the manuals, namely the pilots handbook for the EMB 170 and the FOM. The manual issue is complicated by the fact that the aircraft is still in the certification process. US Airways is presenting the FAA with a revised plan for the manuals and expects that the check airman ground school class will resume later this month.

Please remember we have 1,879 pilots on furlough.

:unsure: