More On Mda & Republic

Life is so much easier over here at Piedmont. We have turned into a useless asset. So many different ways we could be used to help save US Airways jobs and our jobs, yet we always seem to be forgotten.

Come join us at Piedmont where we are use to being kicked in the head by everyone.

:(

USA320Pilot said:
In regard to the Chautauqua/Republic pilots and the IBT here are the facts: The IBT has not agreed to honor ALPA’s contract and specifically LOA 91. In addition, the MDA pilots have contractual rights to MDA EMB-170 aircraft flying and these pilots will eventually be recalled to the new US Airways, leaving the aircraft at Republic. The Chautauqua pilots have indicated they will only accept the MDA pilots stapled to their list and a J4J provision, which violates LOA 91.

Personally, I would like to see the MDA-Republic deal die, no EMB-190 flying go to the affiliates, US Airways reject all Chautauqua 50-seat RJ flying and find a suitable alternative to Chautauqua/Republic. Why? Republic/Chautauqua pilot greed – plain and simple.

This is not inflammatory – just the facts.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="292118"][/post]​
Your "facts" are incomplete.

You've never responded to my other posts about what ALPA demanded from the IBT for integration purposes. Perhaps because it doesn't support your picture of only Chautauqua pilots being greedy?

ALPA and the IBT had exactly ONE meeting regarding a possible integration. It's my opinion, based on direct discussion with members of my EC, that the we would have at least considered having the MDA pilots keep their MDA seniority within the US coded operation (Republic). However, ALPA demanded that the MDA pilots receive their original US DOH on the Chautauqua master seniority list, with no codeshare restrictions. IOW they could come to Republic and then decide to bump a current CHQ or SA captain flying the 170 for UA or DL operations, or even current 145 captains. Again, our EC said such a solution was unacceptable, but that we would be willing to explore other options for integration. This offer was rejected out of hand.

So, since your management decided to sell my management some airplanes, your union decided there should be an integration that completely abrogates my CBA. Although I don't believe a staple is fair or equitable, I want you to read this slowly: ANYTHING other than pure J4J with a staple violates MY CBA. Regardless, my union was willing to discuss alternatives to that, to provide something more palatable than a staple. We just weren't willing to entirely abrogate our seniority here. I guess that makes us greedy....

I know you wish all the CHQ 50-seat flying would go away, so you could get revenge on us "greedy" RJ pilots. It's rather ironic given the barely disguised glee with which you were promoting the sale of MDA to Republic before it happened. I'm glad you've belatedly discovered a sense of solidarity with your more junior brethren. I wish we could rewind the clock 15 years and have ALPA keep the jet flying on mainline property where it belonged, so now I could be a SAAB captain with my apps in to 5 or 6 majors. Since RJET has already affirmed CHQ's 50-seat flying (less a possible 10 airplanes) I guess neither wish will come true for now.

Elixir:

You're right about the EMB-190. LOA 93 EMB-190 provisions permitting 25 EMB-190s to be flown at a Participating Affiliate Carrier, if US Airways ordered the aircraft and were unable to to accept delivery, was negotiated before the Republic equity/MDA deal was complete.

Next US Airways negotiated the Republic equity agreement and MDA sale, but then things changed again. US Airways obtained additional equity investors, thus it did not need Wexford Capital's/Republic's investment and with new ATSB terms, may not need to sell MDA.

Following these two agreements (and others) US Airways & America West announced their merger, thus, potential EMB-190 flying for US Airways will now prohibited post merger by the America West ALPA contract.

In regard to MDA, US Airways has a signed agreement to sell MDA and unless Republic backs out of the deal, US Airways may have no option but to sell MDA.

Thus, ALPA's recourse is an expedited grievance hearing to force the company and any MDA successor to honor LOA 91.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

elixir said:
It seems in this case that the company bargained this flying away without fully considering HP's scope ramifications...big mistake. It seems that regardless of prior agreements...if the combined union representation doesn't approve..it's dead...maybe I'm wrong.
[post="292160"][/post]​

Sure you are wrong, because the AAA guys outnumber the HP guys, and the former pilot group never saw a concession it did not like. The idea that the "transition talks" will force the company to do anything is laughable: it's not like the pilot group would actually ever consider a work action.

OTOH, maybe an HP guy gets elected MEC Prez of the combined group. Alas, the numbers favour the spineless...

Clue:

You still do not get it...ALPA does not need to do a "work action". All it has to do is do nothing. Why? Because it's the company that needs the transition agreement.

In regard to an America West pilot being the next MEC chairman, that would have to be approved by the US Airways MEC members. Guess what...

Regards,

USA320Pilot

CHQDRVR said:
that the we would have at least considered having the MDA pilots keep their MDA seniority within the US coded operation (Republic).
[post="292193"][/post]​

And you have never responded as to when or what "MDA seniority" is. Please enlighten the masses as to how that date would be determined. Apparently only the contracted help knows when this date is.

Light Years said:
And you have never responded as to when or what "MDA seniority" is. Please enlighten the masses as to how that date would be determined. Apparently only the contracted help knows when this date is.
[post="292217"][/post]​
As an example, it would be the first day someone was recalled to begin class for the E170 airplane. Or the day someone from the CEL began indoc. Only one possible example. Rather a theoretical discussion at this point, isn't it?

So despite the fact that the seniority list is in order of seniority, you would just rearrange it by when the company put them in class.

It's theoretical, fortunately, because it's ridiculous.

CHRDRV said:

ALPA and the IBT had exactly ONE meeting regarding a possible integration. It's my opinion, based on direct discussion with members of my EC, that the we would have at least considered having the MDA pilots keep their MDA seniority within the US coded operation (Republic). However, ALPA demanded that the MDA pilots receive their original US DOH on the Chautauqua master seniority list, with no codeshare restrictions. IOW they could come to Republic and then decide to bump a current CHQ or SA captain flying the 170 for UA or DL operations, or even current 145 captains. Again, our EC said such a solution was unacceptable, but that we would be willing to explore other options for integration. This offer was rejected out of hand.

vsi0 says:

Don't really know what lunacy ALPA might have proposed - but none of the above was requested by any 170 driver. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't spoken by one of our 170 division representative then it is not what we requested.

Its not the way things normally work but ALPA has botched everything they have touched since I've been on property. Rest assure ALPA does not speak for the 170 division - at least we don't accept anything uttered by their political machine.

PropPiedmont said:
Life is so much easier over here at Piedmont. We have turned into a useless asset. So many different ways we could be used to help save US Airways jobs and our jobs, yet we always seem to be forgotten.

Come join us at Piedmont where we are use to being kicked in the head by everyone.

:(
[post="292178"][/post]​
PropPiedmont:

The rumors here in Salisbury are following the merger there's to be a order placed for the Q400. Remember, Doug Parker said the turboprops will remain in the fleet and play an important role within the new US Airways.

.. and still waiting on PSA and Piedmont to merge. Rumors are that JS will relocate to CLT to be closer to the operation.

... and I think we're 'merged' already.. I had to call payroll the other day and got Middletown! I was expecting Dayton...

now if they could just add MDA to the mix we'd be one happy disfunctional Express family!!

FM2436 said:
PropPiedmont:

The rumors here in Salisbury are following the merger there's to be a order placed for the Q400.  Remember, Doug Parker said the turboprops will remain in the fleet and play an important role within the new US Airways.
[post="292296"][/post]​

Nice to hear, but I've heard the 400 rumor now for over 5 years. I hope we do get some new equipment, but 4 or 5 Q400s won't be seen as expansion. We have at least 10 Dashs that are five years over due for retirement.

One more thing. 70 seat aircraft seem to be hot topic these days with US Airways pilots. We may have to start a PFJ program.

ClueByFour said:
Sure you are wrong, because the AAA guys outnumber the HP guys, and the former pilot group never saw a concession it did not like. The idea that the "transition talks" will force the company to do anything is laughable: it's not like the pilot group would actually ever consider a work action.

OTOH, maybe an HP guy gets elected MEC Prez of the combined group. Alas, the numbers favour the spineless...
[post="292195"][/post]​
Believe me, I'm well aware of what the U MEC is capable of with respect to concessions.
However, I am encouraged by the HP resolve to not repeat U's mistakes...and they are numerous. I suspect with all the momentum ($$$) pushing this merger now, that if the HP representatives hold fast..the wheels come off the wagon. Now, whats critical is that the U MEC not wine and dine their way into swaying the HP leaders to cave on this. I totally agree that left to their own devices, U MEC has/had/and will sell their souls (and the flying,and the junior pilots) down the river. I can only hope that HP doesn't or wont subscribe to the same demise that U MEC has. And if they stand up on this..the company will be forced to abbrogate the agreement with Republic...(even if it costs them) to keep the merger agreement going forward. It may be naive to think this, but it's all I got.
Reclaiming mainline flying gets me recalled that much sooner.

You all just sit back, this is going to be some good watching...... The arbitration will be interesting. Either the company will make a good showing, but lose ;-) or the union will have its sh*t together and win (not likely). However, you can count on we obstinate/stubborn MDA pilots and our outside council to light the fireworks for this show.

ALL OR NONE :up: